SUPER Wildcard Weekend Game Patriots @ Bills Gamete Thread - Saturday 8:15 PM

If every Patriots' performance tonight included the balls, composure, dedication and professionalism displayed by Jones, they likely still wouldn't have won. But, they wouldn't have been embarrassed.
Any slim chance the Patriots had of making the game at least competitive went completely out the window with Jones' first pass attempt of the second half. That drive started off promisingly enough with three runs getting them to midfield but then Jones made an awful throw. Game over right there.

Any slim chance the Patriots had of making the game at least competitive went completely out the window with Jones' first pass attempt of the second half. That drive started off promisingly enough with three runs getting them to midfield but then Jones made an awful throw. Game over right there.
It was literally 27-0. So its Mac Jones' fault. Asinine.

The Patriots. Jones didn't get enough on his throw with the first pick. That's a fact. Hyde also made a great play. Those observations make me a Bills fan?
It's not a fact. Jones couldn't have thrown it any better.

I think they're insinuating Brady/Tampa fan. Which admittedly would be in line with your narrative.

WRs are taught to attack the ball. Agholor should have highpointed the ball instead of making it a basket catch. WR 101. The opportunity was there for him and he didn't take it. That int was on Agholor.
Agholor was in a full sprint with a defender on his back. The throw was a bit underthrown. Why is that so hard to acknowledge?

If every Patriots' performance tonight included the balls, composure, dedication and professionalism displayed by Jones, they likely still wouldn't have won. But, they wouldn't have been embarrassed.
I agree with this. I also found the play calling to be "subdued" in that there were few plays that attacked the Bills aggressiveness. I was hoping for some play action calls and don't remember seeing one.

It is apparent that our 2nd level defense needs to be updated. I've been disappointed in Judon in not setting the edge. He also does not look as fast as he once did. I'm hoping that his decrease in speed is some sort of injury and he recovers in the off season.

It is apparent that our 2nd level defense needs to be updated. I've been disappointed in Judon in not setting the edge. He also does not look as fast as he once did. I'm hoping that his decrease in speed is some sort of injury and he recovers in the off season.
I'm thinking covid

It was literally 27-0. So its Mac Jones' fault. Asinine.
It was 27-3. If they score on that opening drive of the second half then at least they're at a reasonable deficit of 17 points with plenty of time left. Instead that pick turned into a 33-3 deficit which was game over. The offense wasn't good when the outcome was still in question. That second pick was horrendous, so yes, Jones deserves some blame for the loss. Obviously not "all his fault" and I didn't suggest as much. The defense, which literally was historically bad, was clearly the bigger problem. If I'm pointing to one individual as being most responsible for the loss then it's Belichick.

It was 27-3. If they score on that opening drive of the second half then at least they're at a reasonable deficit of 17 points with plenty of time left. Instead that pick turned into a 33-3 deficit which was game over. The offense wasn't good when the outcome was still in question. That second pick was horrendous, so yes, Jones deserves some blame for the loss. Obviously not "all his fault" and I didn't suggest as much. The defense, which literally was historically bad, was clearly the bigger problem. If I'm pointing to one individual as being most responsible for the loss then it's Belichick.
I tried. Bye.

Take this somewhere else.

I had a brief hope that High would rally his body for one last rodeo, but it didn't take long until we saw a graphic example of how far he's
declined. On TD drive 1, Allen ran the ball wide right and Hightower ran to meet him, overshot and had zero mobility to adjust. He can't turn
his hips anymore and looked like Fred Sanford limping across his living room. Allen needed only the most casual of jukes to leave him in the dust.

In a league where many teams have heat-seeking missiles at LB, we had High. I don't know what his PFF rank was, but I'd bet it wasn't good.

I think he gave it his best effort, but his mind was writing checks that his body couldn't cash. He'll be the first and most obvious red X from the current roster,
but he certainly won't be alone.

A very good player in his prime, Dont'a Hightower hung some skins on the wall and has nothing to apologize for. I hated to see him go out like that, but
it wasn't a surprise.
I believe Allen also did this to Judon on one of his long runs. I'm waiting to hear that Judon was injured. must have been.

Last night during the game I was texting back and forth with a good friend who has been a Bills fan for 50 years. He would never think of going to a fan site of another team and do the shit that the trolls here have been doing.
I think that he is more representative of the average and normal Bills fans.
He's like I was 25 years ago. All he wants is 1 Super Bowl win for his team in his lifetime.

Last edited:
Agholor was in a full sprint with a defender on his back. The throw was a bit underthrown. Why is that so hard to acknowledge?
one of the replays clearly showed it would have landed in his arms "basket catch" style but Hyde made a great play. any deeper and agholor would have had to dive for it, which I doubt he could have done successfully in those conditions. I've heard it said Aghalor should have jumped for it or fought for it, etc. I'm not an NFL receiver so I won't attempt to act like I know what he could or couldn't have done in that circumstance. lets give Hyde credit.

one of the replays clearly showed it would have landed in his arms "basket catch" style but Hyde made a great play. any deeper and agholor would have had to dive for it, which I doubt he could have done successfully in those conditions. I've heard it said Aghalor should have jumped for it or fought for it, etc. I'm not an NFL receiver so I won't attempt to act like I know what he could or couldn't have done in that circumstance. lets give Hyde credit.
Yep, Hyde made a great play on that ball. It was slightly underthrown though.

steve smith who WAS an nfl receiver said the exact same thing chevss did way earlier...agholor should have high pointed it. maurice jones drew agreed. aside from the fact they are virulent mac jones homers(🙄🙄🙄) they both played offense in the nfl at a high level. but whatever.

I believe Allen also did this to Judon on one of his long runs. I'm waiting to hear that Judon was injured. must have been.

I'd call it a possibility, but injuries are not contagious and whatever happened during the bye seemed to infect the
entire defense at the same time. Nobody moreso than Judon, though. He went from unblockable to invisible. From
making plays to chasing them and it don't make sense.

I suspect that, over the course of the coming weeks, we'll hear something about a management decision that was
wildly unpopular among the players and served to kill their mojo. I have no evidence to back this up, other than the
somewhat weird Mac Jones' comments about "not practicing well" during the bye week, but I think
SOMETHING happened that upset the players a great deal, because they looked different in demeanor, style and
certainly the results from that point forward. I'll eliminate the Jags game because they simply weren't a competitive
opponent, imo. The rest of them marched on us seemingly at will.

Since I brought it up, I'll take a wild guess as to what MAY have happened.

Let's say that the players felt comfortable with the alleged duo of Jerod Mayo, whose role has never been publicly defined and
Steve Belichick, whose had been described as the defensive play-caller and de-facto coordinator. Earlier this season,
Matt Patricia had been re-hired but, again, his role was unknown. I believe the term "quality-control" was mentioned,
but whatever we did see him sitting alone in a booth during a game with a pencil and a notebook scribbling notes.

What if Patricia was privately installed, during the bye week, as the untitled Defensive Coordinator? Did our defense subsequently begin
to resemble a uber-conservative and ineffective Matt Patricia Defense with little pressure on the opponent's QBs? Did
we start to see more and more pre-snap uncertainty and hand-waving which had disappeared since MP left for
Detroit? Patricia has been described as wildly unpopular among his players from time-to-time and if that was the case
here then they may have felt like nothing was broke, so why fix it? and things started snowballing downhill from there. That could
explain the going-through-the-motions body language and complete lack of emotion that culminated in 7 straight TD drives
last night.

Put it this way-- how many times has Bill Belichick stated "we got outcoached" during the backstretch? Maybe that is because
he tried to jam a square peg into a round hole and it blew up in his face.

I'd be interested if anybody else had any similar thoughts. Something was rotten in Foxboro and I expect we will hear rumors
as to what that something was pretty soon.

Back