SUPER Wildcard Weekend Game Patriots @ Bills Gamete Thread - Saturday 8:15 PM

On the Hyde pick, just an unreal play by him. The only 2 things that could have prevented it is if Mac through the ball one second sooner or looked Hyde off. As Mac gets more experience he will learn the art of his eyes and moving that safety so he stays in the middle of the field versus breaking hard on the pass because Mac looked at Agahlor the whole time.

On the Hyde pick, just an unreal play by him. The only 2 things that could have prevented it is if Mac through the ball one second sooner or looked Hyde off. As Mac gets more experience he will learn the art of his eyes and moving that safety so he stays in the middle of the field versus breaking hard on the pass because Mac looked at Agahlor the whole time.
Is there a QB in the league who is maybe excellent at this who Mac could study?

'Cause it's wrong. Not to mention that most or at least many here aren't pre disposed to agreeing with you on anything.
In fact not wrong at all...

Mac Jones before 33-3:
0 TD, 2 INT's, 40 quarterback rating

Mac Jones after 33-3:

2 TD's, 0 INT, 113 quarterback rating

Mac Jones was NOT good until after the team was impossibly down 33-3. Doesn't matter if you or anyone else agrees with it, it's still true.

We are also on to next season so things will change. Those stats are irrelevant as of now

In fact not wrong at all...

Mac Jones before 33-3:
0 TD, 2 INT's, 40 quarterback rating

Mac Jones after 33-3:

2 TD's, 0 INT, 113 quarterback rating

Mac Jones was NOT good until after the team was impossibly down 33-3. Doesn't matter if you or anyone else agrees with it, it's still true.
The first drive pick in the second half was really the killer because the O was moving the ball and if there is a score there it is a 27 to 10 game with a ton of time left.

Used to be the only Bills fan in Wyoming but the whole state dropped the Broncos like hot trash when Josh Allen was drafted. On a personal level it's odd coincidence and almost surreal. The curse is finally broken and we can now have a real rivalry instead of 20 years of beat downs. Howdy to Hawg and others who were around this place a couple decades ago. The broken tables finally paid off :banana:
Where are you at in Wyo?

We are also on to next season so things will change. Those stats are irrelevant as of now
We're not even 48 hours removed from the game.

I can tell you don't appreciate my content but when I'm repeatedly being told obvious things are wrong I feel compelled to reply. I feel like I'm backing up my comments with actual numbers.

That said I don't want to step over any line you draw in the sand because after all it's your gig not mine.

We're not even 48 hours removed from the game.

I can tell you don't appreciate my content but when I'm repeatedly being told obvious things are wrong I feel compelled to reply. I feel like I'm backing up my comments with actual numbers.

That said I don't want to step over any line you draw in the sand because after all it's your gig not mine.
I appreciated your content in the beginning remarkably. LOL It's just we're going in circles between some members and that gets old. That what it boils down to. I know people need to talk this out. You're getting to say what you're saying I'm getting to say what I'm saying

And I if had drawn any real line I would have done something by now and and I would have said so.

Reach up for the ball a step sooner? LMAO, was the ball suddenly going to speed up? Hyde jumps between Agholor and the ball, to catch the ball. Why/Who/What the... would him putting his arms up have helped there? He was running and attempting to make an over-the-shoulder catch. He would have had to twist his body around, while running full speed mind you, to even try and attempt a high-pointed catch there. I'm sorry but that wasn't happening. The only way, and I repeat, the only way he could have high-pointed that ball would have been to stick his foot into the ground, stopping his momentum, to get his body in a position where he could have possibly stopped Poyer from intercepting the ball. Even then, because of his positioning, I doubt he catches the ball at all trying the high-point maneuver.

Come on chevss... I truly think you're better than this.

Here, let me help you out, this is video of the play in question.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1483091850449797124

LOL.
I don't need your help.

d. If You Catch the Ball on the Run

Not every time will you be able to stop in your tracks and position yourself to make a catch.

In fact, a lot of times, the passing routes you run will require you to catch the football while you’re still running, with the quarterback hitting you with a pass while you’re in full stride.

In these situations, you’ll need to adjust so you can catch the ball while running, sometimes in an over-the-shoulder catch.

To do so, you’ll need to place your hands in a different position to catch the ball.

Your hands must be stretched out away from your body, with your pinkies joined together.

This will form the same net-like pattern as when you are catching a ball that was thrown too low.

However, in this case, your hands will be stretched out above your head position.

The idea is that you catch the ball as high as you can, as this will be the spot that will be furthest away from both the defender and the ground, allowing you to catch the ball with your hands up high and then bring it down into your body to grip then tuck the football away.

Another important aspect here is that your head should be tilted slightly backward so that you can see the ball being thrown your way.

Your head and eyes should then follow the ball as it goes into the air all the way through the downward arch into your hands.

Mistake #2 – Catching the Ball Too Close to Your Body​

This is the next most common mistake that is made when trying to catch a football.

A lot of people might think that catching the ball closer to your body would allow for more protection and a bigger shield to absorb the throw.

However, catching the football this way actually results in less control over what happens.

Because the pads you wear under your uniform are hard to protect you, it can cause the ball to bounce off of them if the ball comes into contact with them.

So instead of your body allowing you to cradle the ball into your hands, the pads that are on your body will more often than not cause the ball to bounce off of them away from your body.

This is why it’s important to catch the ball with your hands away from your body.

LOL.
I don't need your help.
No, I think you do.

Had Agholor just lifted up his arms, as you are claiming that is all he needed to do, and Hyde not intercepted it, he would have missed the ball completely because the ball was at his midsection when it arrived. Now, had he broken his stride as I suggested, yes, he could have high-pointed the ball and at the very least, as another pointed out, he would quite possibly have prevented Hyde from intercepting the ball.

Anyhoo... I think we have reached an impasse here and we'll just have to agree to disagree, again.

Cheers
:beer:

No, I think you do.

Had Agholor just lifted up his arms, as you are claiming that is all he needed to do, and Hyde not intercepted it, he would have missed the ball completely because the ball was at his midsection when it arrived. Now, had he broken his stride as I suggested, yes, he could have high-pointed the ball and at the very least, as another pointed out, he would quite possibly have prevented Hyde from intercepting the ball.

Anyhoo... I think we have reached an impasse here and we'll just have to agree to disagree, again.

Cheers
The Billies forum arent good enough for you? What's the deal?

Vamoose!

The Billies forum arent good enough for you? What's the deal?

Vamoose!
Nope. My home is just fine. I do love a vibrant banter with opposing forces though and that generally is something you will not find in your own house. One can learn a great deal by simply playing devil's advocate. Debate for the sake of debate is healthy and necessary for critical thinking skills.

I understand that I am somewhat abrasive, for that I do apologize. However, I am giving what I am getting so I feel it is in kind. Treat me with respect and you get it back. Treat me like a redheaded stepchild, you get that back. I've no desire to make your moderators' lives any more difficult than they already have it so I'll probably leave you all be for a while.

Cheers

The Mahomes stuff is over the top. Esp. listening to Collingsworth talk about Mahomes. Collingsworth praises Mahomes for a cross field pass that was incomplete, "NO ONE CAN THROW THAT PASS"... uh... Josh Allen threw TWO of them in the last two games of the season and they were both caught. Painful to listen to...
Agree... Mahomes is not unique. He's a great QB for sure, but Allen has really impressed me.

Back