SUPER Wildcard Weekend Game Patriots @ Bills Gamete Thread - Saturday 8:15 PM

Overall disappointing end to the season. However, it was good to be fully engrossed in watching this team again, I think it would have been the same old story as last season with Cam at the helm. I like Mac, I think he has a bright future in the league. He's our QB and he will blossom!

I was wrong before. It was NEM I was thinking of.
I'm curious... THIS post reminds me of someone that got permabanned like 5-8 years ago I think... HUGE Brady supporter, had kind of a viking screen name.. Magyar?? Can you help me remember who that was?

I'm curious... THIS post reminds me of someone that got permabanned like 5-8 years ago I think... HUGE Brady supporter, had kind of a viking screen name.. Magyar?? Can you help me remember who that was?
midgar. finally banned, came back as 2 names simultaneously. finally gone for good i THINK.

Bedard said today on the radio that his source is told him they were issues between the defense and the coaches this season. He said Bill took over the defense in the middle part of the season and had everyone on the same page and playing aggressively and then he handed the defense back over to his son and Mayo. He said the defense was unsure who to listen to between those two and were unprepared. He also said JC Jackson was the worst player on the field on Saturday and that he most likely wants out of New England.

Bedard said today on the radio that his source is told him they were issues between the defense and the coaches this season. He said Bill took over the defense in the middle part of the season and had everyone on the same page and playing aggressively and then he handed the defense back over to his son and Mayo. He said the defense was unsure who to listen to between those two and were unprepared. He also said JC Jackson was the worst player on the field on Saturday and that he most likely wants out of New England.
Bedard also can't admit Josh Allen is an elite QB.

What the hell is Bedard saying there? Mayo and Jr were delivering differing messages to the players? I suppose it's possible but that suggests unprecedented disorganization within the team. It seems a bit too convenient as well that Bill handed the defense back to his subordinates just in time for them to suck again. I don't believe it. Seems likely Bill was the ultimate authority with the defense (preparation, game-planning, in-game decisions of any magnitude) for the entirety of the season. The defense just wasn't that great, too old and too slow, or just not good/deep enough in too many positions and they had no answer whatsoever for Josh Allen, which obviously will continue to be a major obstacle to regaining the division.

JC Jackson will follow the $.

As a regular at PatsFans, you have to work hard to get banned there, and you're one the special few who did.

I struggle to see how those with a critical eye would contend that Mac only played well after they were down 33-3 (what an arbitrary point in the game to select). He was one of their best players on the field in terms of execution and competitiveness. I had some hesitation with Mac at times this season (although on the balance I felt good about him), but I really came away from the BUF playoff game feeling sure that he's the right guy moving forward.

Not that others here need to know, but your biases run deeper than the Mariana Trench. You are not interested in / capable of having a thoughtful, objective conversation. Your only priority is your agenda, which is fixed and completely incapable of adapting to new information or differing viewpoints. The way you treated others at PF was foul.
I got banned there. Twice. :coffee:

Easy/Peasy

I was only an asshole to whomever deserved it...kinda like in a Dexter way. Some of the mods were garbage over there. Most actually. Ian wasn't bad.

Last edited:

What the hell is Bedard saying there? Mayo and Jr were delivering differing messages to the players? I suppose it's possible but that suggests unprecedented disorganization within the team. It seems a bit too convenient as well that Bill handed the defense back to his subordinates just in time for them to suck again. I don't believe it. Seems likely Bill was the ultimate authority with the defense (preparation, game-planning, in-game decisions of any magnitude) for the entirety of the season. The defense just wasn't that great, too old and too slow, or just not good/deep enough in too many positions and they had no answer whatsoever for Josh Allen, which obviously will continue to be a major obstacle to regaining the division.

I ripped into you earlier but this is a good post, thoughtful. The only bit I might tweak is, I think the defense's issue was less to do with Josh Allen himself than it was the BUF game-plan/Daboll's approach. They were killed in the MoF and flats because they had the corpse of Hightower and Bentley. They really need one or two modern ILBs; I'll cross my fingers on McGrone and McMillian. The Dugger injury was unfortunate timing, too. Not to say they don't have needs at CB/DL, they do, but I think the lack of competency at ILB hurt them the most against BUF.

I'm also not sure Josh Allen is officially elite yet. He's elevated from good to very good the past two seasons, and had two masterclass, elite performances against NE in their two most recent meetings. We'll see if he continues to elevate into consistently elite territory, or if those two games were better-than-average outliers. Either way, he's a darn good QB and NE will need to find a way to build a team to stop him in order to compete for the division.

They’re saying Bill went into the Buffalo lockerroom after the game for an extended period of time. That was cool of him.
That's good to hear, I had read somewhere that BB barely shook hands with McDermott and didn't offer any congrats, walked off the filed in a tizzy. Didn't sound like BB to me but that's what I was reading.

That's good to hear, I had read somewhere that BB barely shook hands with McDermott and didn't offer any congrats, walked off the filed in a tizzy. Didn't sound like BB to me but that's what I was reading.

I saw it differently. BB walked towards McDermott with a pleasant look on his face and at the moment of contact McDermott brushed right past BB without turning his head. He continued walking so BB reached out and touched his arm but McDermott kept walking away. if anyone did the snubbing it was McDermott.

I didn't see it like that but why should BB show respect to a man who showed him none? To hell with McDermott.

They also have Patricia behind the scenes. IMO, hand the defense over to Patricia or Mayo, Stevie B isn't ready.

The last 5 games, Jackson has been only ok. And against the Bills, far below average, the entire defense was. Jackson can follow the money, right now, if he continues on this trajectory, he won't be worth the money.

I saw it differently. BB walked towards McDermott with a pleasant look on his face and at the moment of contact McDermott brushed right past BB without turning his head. He continued walking so BB reached out and touched his arm but McDermott kept walking away. if anyone did the snubbing it was McDermott.
i'm not super fond of mc dermott after how he's acted this season. obviously a good coach, but a little bitch. harbaughesque.

Back