SUPER Wildcard Weekend Game Patriots @ Bills Gamete Thread - Saturday 8:15 PM

Belichick's press conference are an exercise in redundancy.

I think it's evident the game plan lacked innovation on Saturday. You seemed to be saying the players were mostly at fault. The team didn't play well for sure but they also looked entirely ill-prepared for the game. And there were no in-game coaching adjustments that amounted to anything positive.

I don't disagree with this point.

I really want to, just because all you do is gripe and bitch incessantly on these pages, but I guess a busted clock is still right twice a day.

Brian Daboll completely out-flanked our defense and stayed a step or two in front all night long. Whoever had the final word on what defense was called,
whether you believe it was Bill, Stevie B., Matty P. or Jerod Mayo, should be held accountable. I would love to know who it was, because I haven't seen
an ass-pounding that bad since HBO cancelled OZ.

What should be taken into account is that we got beat by a historically excellent performance from Josh Allen and sometimes a brilliant athlete giving
everything he has can trump whatever you plan to do to stop him and Allen was virtually perfect.

Tip your cap and call them our Daddies. Pick up the pieces and learn from them.

However, the game plan was far from the best, most innovative on Saturday.

I read it. I'm not buying the Patriots lost that game due to injuries. They've gotten completely smoked by the Bills in the last three losses... excluding kneel downs: 3 games, 22 drives, 17 TD's, 3 FG's & 2 punts. That's epic domination.

Sometimes injuries mount up that way. You don't have to "buy" it. But that's the way it was.

Sometimes injuries mount up that way. You don't have to "buy" it. But that's the way it was.
Ok fine, who specifically would have made enough of a difference to impact the outcome of the game? It's theoretical but I'm genuinely curious.

Ok fine, who specifically would have made enough of a difference to impact the outcome of the game? It's theoretical but I'm genuinely curious.

A healthy Hightower at MLB. A healthy Bentley who got injured early in the 2nd qtr and didn't return. A healthy Judon who wasn't nearly the same after his bout with Covid.
A healthy Jalen Mills who had been starting at CB despite being a Safety. A healthy Jonathan Jones lost in week 6. A healthy Kyle Dugger.

Having those guys on the field would have allowed BB to play zone coverage with a robber so eyes could be kept towards Allen. Or Pattern Match Zone for a hybrid defense with some Man coverage worked in at times.
It worked in the first game vs the Bills well enough to keep the score down & to win.

But it was also a matter of who had to play in their places. 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers, a street FA...none of them had any business being on the field.
CB Da'Vante Bausby was signed off the street a week before the game.
JoeJuan Williams, De'Angelo Ross, Myles Bryant, Shaun Wade and Justin Bethel were all forced into service. Surely that wasn't in BB's plans when the year began. One at a time to give a starter a breather, sure, but 2-3 of these guys out there at the same time? It was doomed to failure and fail it did.

It worked in the first game vs the Bills well enough to keep the score down & to win.
The conditions certainly had a lot to do with the low score and outcome of that game.

Regarding the other stuff about the injuries, they may have gotten slaughtered with some or all of those players back or heathier. It's only speculation. Bottom line is the better team won. And as much as they got owed by Allen in their final two matchups, their larger concern is the run defense which was bad all season.

The conditions certainly had a lot to do with the low score and outcome of that game.

Regarding the other stuff about the injuries, they may have gotten slaughtered with some or all of those players back or heathier. It's only speculation. Bottom line is the better team won. And as much as they got owed by Allen in their final two matchups, their larger concern is the run defense which was bad all season.

Just an fyi - BB's run defense is based on 2 gapping DTs holding their ground and healthy LBs filling gaps.

Let's see how the Bills do the rest of the way against teams with a healthy complement of DBs and LBs.
I don't see Allen having another day like that day.

So now we are learning that BB visited the Bills locker room after the game and spent considerable time talking to Sean McD. Also Allen said that he appreciated the kind things that BB said to him.
All we heard about was the cool handshake on the field after the game, like Bill was being a sore loser prick.

So now we are learning that BB visited the Bills locker room after the game and spent considerable time talking to Sean McD. Also Allen said that he appreciated the kind things that BB said to him.
All we heard about was the cool handshake on the field after the game, like Bill was being a sore loser prick.
The same whinging we heard after the Tampa game with Bill accused of being cool with Brady. But he requested time to go onto the TB lockerroom and spent a lot of time with Tom.

Bill will never catch a break with some people. In the twitter comments you have accusations of Bill trying to recruit Allen :rofl: and how this should be looked into. And how it's fake from BB as he's just trying to polish his image....

and this is after mcdermott made those douchey comments about bb after 14-10

Back