Teh Official 2014 NFL Draft Thread

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
<s>@</s>AdamSchefter Hou now locked in on player, not expecting a trade. Texans happy to sit at 1, take player it wants.

Zeroed in on Clowney...

Fans of 31 teams get to have fun today. Waiting til tomorrow to open your presents really sucks. :coffee:

<s>@</s>AdamSchefter Hou now locked in on player, not expecting a trade. Texans happy to sit at 1, take player it wants.

Zeroed in on Clowney...

Fans of 31 teams get to have fun today. Waiting til tomorrow to open your presents really sucks. :coffee:

Sounds like you are predicting a trade out of the first round.

The Texans have to draft Clowney. Even if he is a bust, he is the best talent in the draft.

I wouldn't doubt for a second if BB trades out of the first round.

Adam Schefter <S>@</S>AdamSchefter <SMALL class=time>4h </SMALL>
Teams with some level of interest in trading BACK include OAK, TB, TENN, BALT, MIA, NE (surprise, surprise).

The Texans have to draft Clowney. Even if he is a bust, he is the best talent in the draft.

I wouldn't doubt for a second if BB trades out of the first round.

I know you're only quoting the draft experts, I don't really get that "have to take Clowney" mentality.

If I was a GM I'd "have to" draft the best player for my team. Not who someone who doesn't know the intricacies of my scheme, or doesn't have access to all the reports from my teams' doctors and psychologists says I "have" to draft.

Even if the guy I "had" to draft goes on to have a great career. Who's to say he would have been great on my team?

/rant over :)

I know you're only quoting the draft experts, I don't really get that "have to take Clowney" mentality.

If I was a GM I'd "have to" draft the best player for my team. Not who someone who doesn't know the intricacies of my scheme, or doesn't have access to all the reports from my teams' doctors and psychologists says I "have" to draft.

Even if the guy I "had" to draft goes on to have a great career. Who's to say he would have been great on my team?

/rant over :)

If I were Houston, I would.

Who would you take?

Who would you take?

Without knowing the interviews/char/medicals it's impossible to say. Clowney, probably if he passes the off field things but I'd have to seriously consider Kahlil Mack. These guys can both be busts though.

Never can forget 2 years ago the Browns picked TRich and Weeden with 2 1st rnd picks and neither player is with them now.

Never can forget 2 years ago the Browns picked TRich and Weeden with 2 1st rnd picks and neither player is with them now.

That is crazy, isn't it? They could have traded down for 10 4th rounders and have a better chance at hitting on someone by accident.

No, it's not so bad...

Tom E. Curran ‏<s>@</s>tomecurran <small class="time"> 10s </small> A source tells me Ryan Mallett to the Texans may soon be done.

Damn. Hitmongering whore-like behavior. He better be right or his diminished cred is totally gone w/ me.

popcorn

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 3m
Second source says nothing doing at the moment on Mallett to Houston. We'll watch how it plays out. Makes sense if Clowney is No. 1.

Who would you take?

Probably Khalil Mack if I were the Texans. He fits what they want to do better.

But ESPN just quoted a good point by Bill Parcells that has me pondering. Parcells said (I'm paraphrasing):"Romeo Crennel is the guy who turned 4-3 DE Willie McGinest into a pro-bowl 3-4 elephant LB."

I don't have any faith at all in Curran anymore. He's in it for the hits and reporting that trade rumor at this late hour is all about making himself relevant bc he just isn't relevant anymore. If it happens I'll owe him an apology but at this point I truly believe he made up that "source" for his own benefit.

IF it happens ---> Glennon to the Pats. :thumb:

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 3m
Second source says nothing doing at the moment on Mallett to Houston. We'll watch how it plays out. Makes sense if Clowney is No. 1.

So 2 min after he reported it he discounts his own story? What an empty jock strap Curran has become!

I don't have any faith at all in Curran anymore. He's in it for the hits and reporting that trade rumor at this late hour is all about making himself relevant bc he just isn't relevant anymore. If it happens I'll owe him an apology but at this point I truly believe he made up that "source" for his own benefit.

IF it happens ---> Glennon to the Pats. :thumb:

Glennon would be a great backup imo.

Probably Khalil Mack if I were the Texans. He fits what they want to do better.

But ESPN just quoted a good point by Bill Parcells that has me pondering. Parcells said (I'm paraphrasing):"Romeo Crennel is the guy who turned 4-3 DE Willie McGinest into a pro-bowl 3-4 elephant LB."

Exactly.

Clowney and Donald both seem to me like DL guys who could have a significant impact almost no matter where they go, what base scheme, etc.

Just thinking out loud: The problem I see with both Mosley and Easley is both players have a history of continuously being injured. Mosley's shoulders and Easley's knees. Maybe BB is finally tiring of guys who are always injured.

So 2 min after he reported it he discounts his own story? What an empty jock strap Curran has become!

Big Poppa Pump ‏@FanOhFive 23m
Do I trust someone who wears a "Swag Don't Come Cheap" shirt? RT @tomecurran: A source tells me Ryan Mallett to the Texans may soon be done.

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 18m
@FanOhFive very good pt by you

Just popping in to say "Happy NFL Draft Day" 2014 to my Planet peeps! :) :arrr:

ETA: And maybe to clear the friendly forum reminder that I haven't posted lately. :coffee: Just kidding, that's just coincidental. :D

Back