Teh Official Pats v Texans Game Day 3 Thread

And here come the excuses...

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Random: #Texans stayed in Waltham before the game, then ran into horrible traffic. Took 1 hour, 20 minutes to arrive. Players were zonked

The Pats had a horrible experience with the hotel and such before SB 42 but that didn't come out until much later. And IIRC it was when those players weren't even playing anymore, let alone for the PAts (Rodney, Heath). I wonder who is behind that? My guess is it is NOT B O'B.

JJ Watt's statline was horrific. Zero sacks, Zero tackles. Appeared to give up by halftime with his effort. The guy is always invisible when we play him.

I don't buy that he wasn't putting forth top effort. I'm not saying the guy had a good game, but there were a bunch of plays after the outcome was no longer in doubt where he penetrated the backfield quickly and was a split second late to grab the back on a run going to the opposite side.

We had numerous plays where Fleming lined up at TE and helped out on him.

He wasn't a factor, but the guy had just a few days to recover from Sunday and he's still dealing with offseason back surgery. Not a pussy.

JJ Watt's statline was horrific. Zero sacks, Zero tackles. Appeared to give up by halftime with his effort. The guy is always invisible when we play him.

Take a look at this stat:

Marcus Cannon blocked J.J. Watt 24 times (16 1-on-1s) and allowed 1 tackle. Tell me Scar didn't help the man! Marcus has become an M1A2 battle tank!

And here come the excuses...

Why the hell would they stay in Waltham? Were they out of rooms in Portsmouth? They would have been better off staying in Providence. This feeds into the "stupid organization from the top all the way down" theory.

Why the hell would they stay in Waltham? Were they out of rooms in Portsmouth? They would have been better off staying in Providence. This feeds into the "stupid organization from the top all the way down" theory.

Doesn't reflect very well on B'OB does it.

Teams often fly into Hanscom and stay at the Westin in Waltham for security. When I was the master plumber for the property management company that did all the service work there, it was not uncommon to run into players of other teams in the halls.

Interesting sidebar- When the Colts were in town, I got an emergency call for no hot water. I got there first thing in the morning on game day. It was a minor problem, but I told the building engineer that it was something major and it would be a while. Those fvckers all had cold showers, but they didn't use it as an excuse for their loss. :toast:

Thought the uniforms looked great BTW. Really smart, nice blue, very American. Even a hint of Navy about them which I'm sure Bill liked.

Best of the "Colour Rush" I've seen so far.

And really great the way the O Line sprinted to the Endzone to celebrate with Jacoby on that TD. They were more pleased than he was! That doesn't happen with a player that teammates don't like so he's earned their respect and fondness very quickly which is a great sign.

No one has observed that RG Shaq Mason threw important key pulling blocks in both Brissette's and Blount's TD runs.

No one has observed that RG Shaq Mason threw important key pulling blocks in both Brissette's and Blount's TD runs.

I was reading another thread in order and was about post about Shaq and saw your post. His block on Brissett's TD was the key block.

Also like Chevss said Cannon was outstanding. Hes been so better than last year and been good all season.

Thuney has been great since p/s and looks legit.

Blount has been running the best since he's been here imo.

Our corners will always struggle with size and need a little help over the top but they compete on every play. Very rarely out of position and there to make a play.

I love Collins and think he's a great player. I'm hard on him because I really think he could be great. Like DPY great. He looks a little smoother and a little more decisive early this year. Maybe it's me :shrug_n: Hey looks more confident and that's something that's key if he wants to stay.

Last thing and this is something huge. We still haven't seen a healthy Gronk and Bennett yet. I honestly believe we put up 100 or close to it with Brady, Gronk and co. the last two games. I think we hit 60+ once this year. Maybe twice?

Teams often fly into Hanscom and stay at the Westin in Waltham for security. When I was the master plumber for the property management company that did all the service work there, it was not uncommon to run into players of other teams in the halls.

Interesting sidebar- When the Colts were in town, I got an emergency call for no hot water. I got there first thing in the morning on game day. It was a minor problem, but I told the building engineer that it was something major and it would be a while. Those fvckers all had cold showers, but they didn't use it as an excuse for their loss. :toast:

I totally get that, but for an 8:30 PM Thursday kickoff, you're going to stay at a hotel that requires you to travel down 128 during the peak of rush hour?

Sure, it's a straight shot...but a straight shot at .07 MPH

Back