Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

I would like to wish all us left-handers a wonderful day.
We are disadvantaged in society yet we don't need a parade or a protest!

WE ROCK!

LEFTY POWER!!!!!

yes we are smarter.

Growing up left handed sucked for my teachers forced me to use those scissors that pinched my hands since it was for right handers. And that is just one example.

Proud leftie here.

Lefties unite!

wuv I’m a bit older and had nuns lol thankfully my 2 older brothers were lefty’s also. They got the brunt of the beat down devils spawn.

Proud lefty with my lefty granddaughter to carry on lol.

~Dee~

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Reporting for duty.

:thumb:

Missed you lol:toast:

~Dee~

wuv I’m a bit older and had nuns lol thankfully my 2 older brothers were lefty’s also. They got the brunt of the beat down devils spawn.

Proud lefty with my lefty granddaughter to carry on lol.

~Dee~

I never knew my dad was a born lefty until I saw him kick a ball with his left leg when I was a teen. When I asked him about it, he told me that The nuns would whack his left hand with a stick everytime he tried to use it (1930's) but they never caught him kicking a ball.

I used to come home with my left palm covered with pencil lead. I always failed penmanship.

I'm somewhat ambidexterous which is not unusual for lefties.

Tom Tuesday!

DkjUCteWsAE4Bzv.jpg:large

Morning all-

Have a great one everyone!

I never knew my dad was a born lefty until I saw him kick a ball with his left leg when I was a teen. When I asked him about it, he told me that The nuns would whack his left hand with a stick everytime he tried to use it (1930's) but they never caught him kicking a ball.

I used to come home with my left palm covered with pencil lead. I always failed penmanship.

We’re not sure which parent was the lefty, but 3 out of 5 of us were lefties. We think it was my mom she had god awful penmanship. You couldn’t read her writing at all. Half the time she couldn’t even read it.

~Dee~

Don't forget the notebooks still in use where the binder rubs against your hand. We were raised in the day where left handers were paddled into writing right handed. I eeked out of that thankfully but my sisters who were left are now right handed due to that rule growing up. You know the left=evil=Bible concept

Still a lefty.
I learned by mirroring everyone so I would spin the paper in a way I didn't smudge or had to fight the spiral. righthanded spun it left, I spun it right and gripped pencil in a way my hand stays clean, for the most part. In my job penmanship counted so I write in architectural lettering but everything is uppercase. 3/4 of my post are typed with cap lock on only to be changed by the bot.

nuns hit my mom until my grandfather went into school and fixed the situation but her penmanship was tough.

as a lefty I copied my older brothers and often would use my brothers right handed goalie equipment. so I could catch a baseball with either hand but throwing it it was only lefty handed. I bat, golf, shoot a puck all righty and my little brother, a natural righty, does a lot lefty because I told him he was the opposite of me.

Morning all-

Have a great one everyone!

We’re not sure which parent was the lefty, but 3 out of 5 of us were lefties. We think it was my mom she had god awful penmanship. You couldn’t read her writing at all. Half the time she couldn’t even read it.

~Dee~
yes I was lucky to have a lot of lefty relatives, mom and 2 out of 5 kids in my family plus a few cousins a stones throw away.

I learned by mirroring everyone so I would spin the paper in a way I didn't smudge or had to fight the spiral. righthanded spun it left, I spun it right and gripped pencil in a way my hand stays clean, for the most part. In my job penmanship counted so I write in architectural lettering but everything is uppercase. 3/4 of my post are typed with cap lock on only to be changed by the bot.

nuns hit my mom until my grandfather went into school and fixed the situation but her penmanship was tough.

as a lefty I copied my older brothers and often would use my brothers right handed goalie equipment. so I could catch a baseball with either hand but throwing it it was only lefty handed. I bat, golf, shoot a puck all righty and my little brother, a natural righty, does a lot lefty because I told him he was the opposite of me.

yes I was lucky to have a lot of lefty relatives, mom and 2 out of 5 kids in my family plus a few cousins a stones throw away.

My mom is ambidextrous, when I was younger I wish I was also but nope she is the only one. The only reason I am not right handed is she went to the school and told them to not hit me into being rightie. Not sure why she did that but I appreciated it as I got older and still do.

3rd one from the right, spitting image of me.

Also, interesting to see who piped in.
It's the more level-headed crew. :coffee:

Happy TFB day or whatever its called.

Not sure the gang tends to let me know what the daily event is. LOL

Pirate, really? :)

My mom is ambidextrous, when I was younger I wish I was also but nope she is the only one. The only reason I am not right handed is she went to the school and told them to not hit me into being rightie. Not sure why she did that but I appreciated it as I got older and still do.

I'm guessing she probably told them because she had it done to her. I was left alone, but nuns were slightly more enlightened by the late 60's.

I write, eat, use a mouse, play hockey, golf, bowl and bat lefty. Oddly, I shoot a basketball righty, brush my teeth righty and kick righty. Scissors is righty, probably because of the way most of them are made. I used to throw righty, mainly because no one in my neighborhood had a lefty glove. But when I tore up my right shoulder in high school, I easily switched to lefty and never went back.

Lefties are more prone to injury because so many utensils and tools are made for righties. But there's a much higher percentage of lefties in science and engineering compared to the general public. At the engineering college I attended, there was always a race for the few lefty desks available.

So l was in a car accident 32 years ago, hit by drunk driver on VD. Thankfully wifey was ok, Ripped me up. I have difficulty using my left arm to lift a gallon of milk on to top shelf of fridge. Anything above my heart is a struggle. I don't think about it anymore.

Still a lefty and proud of it.

I'm guessing she probably told them because she had it done to her. I was left alone, but nuns were slightly more enlightened by the late 60's.

I write, eat, use a mouse, play hockey, golf, bowl and bat lefty. Oddly, I shoot a basketball righty, brush my teeth righty and kick righty. Scissors is righty, probably because of the way most of them are made. I used to throw righty, mainly because no one in my neighborhood had a lefty glove. But when I tore up my right shoulder in high school, I easily switched to lefty and never went back.

Lefties are more prone to injury because so many utensils and tools are made for righties. But there's a much higher percentage of lefties in science and engineering compared to the general public. At the engineering college I attended, there was always a race for the few lefty desks available.

With my field I was fortunate that at times my desk was our lab space so it was just a flat space though I already did try to get on the end, the left end, to make it easier. LOL

You have made excellent points shugs.

By the way good morning everyone!

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

So l was in a car accident 32 years ago, hit by drunk driver on VD. Thankfully wifey was ok, Ripped me up. I have difficulty using my left arm to lift a gallon of milk on to top shelf of fridge. Anything above my heart is a struggle. I don't think about it anymore.

Still a lefty and proud of it.

Thankfully you both made it. Ican't even talk rationally most times about drunk drivers.

You have been added to the group woohoo!

Happy Wingsday :)

Mom and D30 on August 13th.

View attachment 101789

It's long, but fast forward is an option.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JqoYsORdJWA" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Back