Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

Only two times a year the sunset aligns perfectly with this pier in La Jolla, California.

View attachment 10952
Beautiful.

We have a structure right smack in the middle of our city that only two times a year where the sunrise is right through the arch. I'll need to find it. Hubby and I have gone multiple times to get various pictures of it in the wee hours

I believe it's called Stonehenge- The New World.

Last edited:
From Raptor Resource Project :wuv:

Saturday, June 11, 2022 at 8:51 AM CDT

DN15 celebrated its 77th day of life with a fledge this morning at 8:51 AM! It was a classic fledge with seemingly no hesitancy or fear at all - just a lovely lift-off from the nest and flight that curved over the field and to the north. Sibling DN16 appeared to be expressing astonishment and perhaps some confusion as it got to its feet and vocalized in the wake of DN15's sudden absence from the nest.

For the next 30 days or so, DN15 will be gaining its wings as it learns about about soaring, chasing, navigating, hunting, and stealing food on the wing! The north nest nursery will become a busy eagleport as the tree-riffic two practice their touch-and-go landings and take offs, chase one another and their parents, and fill the sky with the squees and calls. While we are sad to see DN15 go, it is embarking on the biggest adventure of its life, and we wish it the very best.

View: https://fb.watch/dApypfLTrc/

From Raptor Resource Project :wuv:

Saturday, June 11, 2022 at 8:51 AM CDT

DN15 celebrated its 77th day of life with a fledge this morning at 8:51 AM! It was a classic fledge with seemingly no hesitancy or fear at all - just a lovely lift-off from the nest and flight that curved over the field and to the north. Sibling DN16 appeared to be expressing astonishment and perhaps some confusion as it got to its feet and vocalized in the wake of DN15's sudden absence from the nest.

For the next 30 days or so, DN15 will be gaining its wings as it learns about about soaring, chasing, navigating, hunting, and stealing food on the wing! The north nest nursery will become a busy eagleport as the tree-riffic two practice their touch-and-go landings and take offs, chase one another and their parents, and fill the sky with the squees and calls. While we are sad to see DN15 go, it is embarking on the biggest adventure of its life, and we wish it the very best.

View: https://fb.watch/dApypfLTrc/

Brilliant

While on vacation last week we had our bedroom bathroom almost totally redone. The only thing left from before is the vanity cabinet. The top, sinks, mirrors, shower, toilet, floor was all replaced. We also added a linen cabinet to put our towels in.

The before pictures
bath2b.jpg
bath1b.jpg

We had to replace the shower enclosure because the acrylic rod is not weight bearing and broke a few years ago.

The after. A glass door will be installed in a few weeks. We did put up a shower curtain so we could use the shower.
bath2a.jpgb1a.jpg

The spare bathroom also got the same floors.

I’ve followed the Decorah eagles for years and this fledge was spectacular. To my recollection, it was the best. I can’t wait to see D16 fledge.
Our eaglets are working on the fledge as we speak last year was interesting but I see improvement

Last edited:
Enjoy your day!

View: https://twitter.com/dariusaniunas/status/1535914409914257410

FPbkeAAXMAIb0YK

How has everyones afternoon been? Mine has been "fun"!

On the way home from church, we decided on fast food for lunch.

Me: Elizabeth, do you want McDonald's or Culver's for lunch?
E: No McDonald's, no Culver's.

We eventually got her a happy meal and was in line at Culver's getting Sarah food and she starts balling saying she wants the same food my wife is getting.

We try to explain that she can eat the food we are getting but "it isn't my food".

Get her home and she is having a tantrum on the floor because of this.

I change for work and leave to grab me some food, I tell Sarah I will get Elizabeth her own food if I have time. My place I was going to eat was closed, so I have to go pick up Elizabeth to go to Culver's. I order the same Fish sandwich and onion rings my wife got. I did ask her on the way there if she wanted a chocolate or vanilla milkshake. She said Vanilla. Got home and she has another tantrum because she wanted chocolate. By this point, I haven't eaten yet so I leave to go to work and let Sarah take care of this. Last check, Elizabeth was wrapped up in a blanket on her bed pouting.

How has everyones afternoon been? Mine has been "fun"!

On the way home from church, we decided on fast food for lunch.

Me: Elizabeth, do you want McDonald's or Culver's for lunch?
E: No McDonald's, no Culver's.

We eventually got her a happy meal and was in line at Culver's getting Sarah food and she starts balling saying she wants the same food my wife is getting.

We try to explain that she can eat the food we are getting but "it isn't my food".

Get her home and she is having a tantrum on the floor because of this.

I change for work and leave to grab me some food, I tell Sarah I will get Elizabeth her own food if I have time. My place I was going to eat was closed, so I have to go pick up Elizabeth to go to Culver's. I order the same Fish sandwich and onion rings my wife got. I did ask her on the way there if she wanted a chocolate or vanilla milkshake. She said Vanilla. Got home and she has another tantrum because she wanted chocolate. By this point, I haven't eaten yet so I leave to go to work and let Sarah take care of this. Last check, Elizabeth was wrapped up in a blanket on her bed pouting.
Par for the course shes typical toddler lol. Hope your day was amazing...

~Dee~

Back