Said little Peggy Ann McKay,
"I have the measles and the mumps,
A gash, a rash, and purple bumps.
My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
I'm going blind in my right eye.
My tonsils are as big as rocks,
I've counted sixteen chicken pox
And there's one more--that's seventeen,
And don't you think my face looks green?
My leg is cut, my eyes are blue--
It might be instamatic flu.
I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
I'm sure that my left leg is broke--
My hip hurts when I move my chin,
My belly button's caving in,
My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,
My 'pendix pains each time it rains.
My nose is cold, my toes are numb,
I have a sliver in my thumb.
My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My tongue is filling up my mouth,
I think my hair is falling out.
My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,
My temperature is one-o-eight.
My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,
There is a hole inside my ear.
I have a hangnail, and my heart is--what?
What's that? What's that you say?
You say today is---Saturday?
G'bye, I'm going out to play!"

This week was interesting. My days off switched from Thursday Friday to Monday Tuesday this week to allow a coworker to go to a kid thing. Monday I washed, waxed and cleaned my wifes car inside and out.
350994523_796795472020182_5683052800368573199_n.png
That took four hours. Then that night I borrowed an uncles 09 Challenger for our Tuesday night date night and spent four hours cleaning it the same.
348372423_1309598119971102_2131928596036917386_n.png

I did all that in sandals and by Tuesday night my right foot was bothering me. By Wednesday I could barely walk on it.

Tuesday we had our date night for my birthday (Longhorn steakhouse followed by a country cruise before returning the car).

Wednesday was the start of a 8 or 9 day work stretch. Along the line, I must have been favoring my left leg more and now my left knee hurts (I think both are tendonitis and my foot is feeling better and hopefully the knee follows suit).

Work was good though. Made a financial decision that is hopefully going to make things better for our debt also. Basically moved debt from a credit card to a loan that is lower interest rates. With a wedding vacation in Florida in January I knew we were going to need money somewhere for airfare and other things.

Also, the pictures are a cool iphone feature on photos. You can highlight a subject then copy the subject like a car or person into a message without hte rest of the photo.

Enjoy a restful Sunday!

View: https://twitter.com/dariusaniunas/status/1667814772786573312

FuazXawWcAAIzpS

I did all that in sandals and by Tuesday night my right foot was bothering me. By Wednesday I could barely walk on it.

Tuesday we had our date night for my birthday (Longhorn steakhouse followed by a country cruise before returning the car).

Wednesday was the start of a 8 or 9 day work stretch. Along the line, I must have been favoring my left leg more and now my left knee hurts (I think both are tendonitis and my foot is feeling better and hopefully the knee follows suit).
I went to wally world and picked up a knee brace, man, what a world of difference that makes. I feel pretty normal walking. Hopefully my knee is close to normal by Friday.

I went to wally world and picked up a knee brace, man, what a world of difference that makes. I feel pretty normal walking. Hopefully my knee is close to normal by Friday.
Glad I picked this up the other day, knee is 85-90% better. Did a 20 minute mile walk yesterday and two miles today in under 38 minutes but had my knee brace not been on, I probably would have had a few minor knee buckling issues. I felt it give way a few times but the brace made it not an issue. I do think my ankles (bone spurs) is the root of my walking issues and will be seeing a doctor to see what to do about them. I'm pretty positive my ankles bend out when I walk.

Wingsday in Decorah :wuv:

From Raptor Resource Project:

June 12, 2023. A few screenshots taken over the last month or so of Hatchery Mom (HM), Hatchery Dad (HD), and DH2. DH2 has been wingercizing and hopping lately, preparing for fledge (first flight away from the nest tree). DH2 turns 67 days old today. Researcher Gary Bortolotti stated that males 1st flight average 78 days (68–84 day range), females 1st flight average 82 days (78-88 day range). Though we don’t know DH2’s gender, it’s fun to guess.

IMG_3265.jpeg

IMG_3266.jpeg

IMG_3267.jpeg

IMG_3268.jpeg

IMG_3269.jpeg

Back