Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

Enjoy Tuesday!
Braised shortribs served over creamy polenta (grits for us Southern folk) last night.
A rich and comforting meal. Deeeelish!

04f3c4d452d726491d77121b27da0f0c.jpg

Crazy green ass bird, one of my terms of endearment for Jasper, deciding he wanted the WHOLE pan of cornbread.

Like that little feathery foot would hold the pan, LOL, but keep dreaming big buddy.

Good morning, everyone!

Attachments

• 247018_10150273916415928_2515336_n.jpg
    247018_10150273916415928_2515336_n.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 3
I think about anderson often and hope he and his family are well. I wish he would check in.

Enjoy Tuesday!
Braised shortribs served over creamy polenta (grits for us Southern folk) last night.
A rich and comforting meal. Deeeelish!

04f3c4d452d726491d77121b27da0f0c.jpg
Is that Molly Stevens red wine braised ribs. The pot looks like mine when I do them. In any event, Braised short ribs are Gods way of proving he loves us. ;)

Is that Molly Stevens red wine braised ribs. The pot looks like mine when I do them. In any event, Braised short ribs are Gods way of proving he loves us. ;)

You know, it's been so long since I looked at a recipe for braised short ribs that I don't even remember where the one I use comes from. I make a roux in another skillet while the ribs are browning and once the ribs are done the ribs get transferred to the roux while I saute onions and garlic. Then I add everything back into the pot along with lots of carrots to cook for 3 hours. The roux adds loads of substance and flavor. Potatoes are not necessary.
If you've never had em with grits you should try it. They complement each other beautifully. I make mine with 1/2 water and 1/2 milk for extra creaminess and then add a grated smoked gouda at the end for depth of flavor. And lots of garlic.

How do you do yours?

Last edited:
You know, it's been so long since I looked at a recipe for braised short ribs that I don't even remember where the one I use comes from.
If you've never had em with grits you should try it. They complement each other beautifully. I make mine with 1/2 water and 1/2 milk for extra creaminess and then add a smoked gouda at the end for depth of flavor. And lots of garlic.
I will have to disagree about the grits. But can't do the texture. Her own sons don't eat it so I know it's not just a Northern thing🤣🤣🤣

My mother-in-law has tried grits on me from here to Sunday and back. I have given them the good college try.

I will have to disagree about the grits. But can't do the texture. Her own sons don't eat it so I know it's not just a Northern thing🤣🤣🤣

My mother-in-law has tried grits on me from here to Sunday and back. I have given them the good college try.

Maybe she doesn't cook em long enough. 45 min minimum and keep adding liquid til fully absorbed.
Creamy how I make em. If you follow the box recipe by simply adding water and salt, they're not worth 2 hoots.
You'd like mine. Even my mother-in-law, a dyed in the wool Mainer loves my grits.
Read my edit how I make em.

I like them over Mash tators or orzo.

~Dee~

Creamy how I make em. If you follow the box recipe by simply adding water and salt, they're not worth 2 hoots.
You'd like mine. Even my mother-in-law, a dyed in the wool Mainer loves my grits.
I have tried with gravy, with salt and pepper, with jelly, with jam, sugar and butter.

I have tried. I have really tried because I wanted to make her happy but can't do the texture.

My mother-in-law has moved on from trying to make me eat them and I have as well. 🤣🤣🤣

Maybe she doesn't cook em long enough. 45 min minimum and keep adding liquid til fully absorbed.
My mother-in-law has been making grits since she was a kid. She's in her late seventies, she knows how to make them. Her husband eats them and her sister eats them and they enjoy it.

Some things people don't like. I make a mean fiddlehead but not everyone likes fiddleheads.

She has given me the okay not to eat it because she says in her words, "Lord child I have tried."

🤣🤣🤣

I have tried with gravy, with salt and pepper, with jelly, with jam, sugar and butter.

I have tried. I have really tried because I wanted to make her happy but can't do the texture.

My mother-in-law has moved on from trying to make me eat them and I have as well. 🤣🤣🤣

Muse, grits are not cereal!! Jelly, jam and sugar have NO business being put on grits.
Grits is a savory dish once tasted when done right goes with damn near any main course.

Back