Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

Ever get so defeated at work because someone else who is lazier got a better shift? That is how I am today. In fact, my shift has gotten worse. I was working weekends noon to 8 and then monday, tuesday and friday 4 to midnight. Now I will be going to wednesday through Sunday noon to 8. What does that mean, I can' go to church with my family most Sundays, I can't pick up either child from preschool like I have been doing, and there might be some days I never see my wife if she has a bad night at work. I am giving my boss until spring to get me out of my department and into another one where I would work evenings all the time unless I filled in on mornings. He said this is his goal. I'm going to hold him to that or else I'm leaving. This is not an acceptable shift for me for family, for free time, etc.

Instincts drive hawk to attack pictures of prey.

e4f3db34eb46abc3e0a8a77e4bfa5ef07e08f414.gifv

Freestyle Friday in Decorah :wuv:

From Raptor Resource Project:

November 30, 2021: Mr. North stick grab and delivery. At 35 seconds, we see Mr. North fly out from a location somewhere beneath the north nest tree. He circles around to catch the wind and delivers a long, straight stick to the nest, nearly hitting DNF with his brand new javelin! Check 1:12 as Mr. North covers her with a wing! He begins moving soft materials and she assumes stick duty. After she gets the stick into place, it's time to check on Mr. North's progress. The nest is filled with soft materials and looks warm and inviting in the beautiful golden light.

Since my wife isn't going anywhere lately, I've been driving her car pretty much anytime I leave home to close the gap between the miles on her car and mine (also to save miles on mine). I put gas in my car about two weeks ago and it still has a 1/2 tank. A tank normally lasts a week. I have closed the gap on miles between her car and mine to about 1600 miles. That is pretty good considering at one point there was 2k between them. My car has about 78,1XX miles and hers has 76,4XX miles now. There is seven years difference between them (hers is a 2009 and mine is a 2016). To be honest, besides hers not having satellite radio and it almost being too small (I feel like the dad in the movie "The Incredibles" at times) her car rides better. We just put new tires on it and had the remote start fixed also. It would be nice to have a back up camera though.

Back