Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

Enjoy Bunday! :)

fe921ce52dfa5dec4909b53f3062f860.jpg

This week my work is renovating the mens restroom. They brought in a trailer for us to use. It is pretty nice, the restrooms with running water and rv type toilets. I haven’t yet but I would poop there. The woman’s restroom is next on the list to be redone next week. Wonder if they will have the woman use the meme new one or the trailer?

Wingsday at Decorah North :wuv:

Raptor Resource Project on January 18, 2022

I'm sure I wasn't the only one wondering about Mr. North and DNF. North nestorations resumed this morning with two large talonfuls of grass - one brought in by Mr. North and one brought in by DNF.

Why did the North eagles disappear for so long? We think that they were hunkering down during the cold weather. It's not uncommon for eagles to stop or greatly decrease nesting activity during periods of sub-zero weather, especially this early in nesting season. We might have been seeing more of Mom and DM2 for the same reason - instead of working on their nest, the two were taking a cold weather break near their old stomping grounds.

January 18, 2022: Some nestorations - Am I the only who thinks that it's about time for snow removal and nestorations to resume here? It was great to see Mr. North bring in a talonful of grass and begin spreading it around the bottom of the nest. DNF flew in at 2:52 with what looked like a small hay bale! She supervised as Mr. North began carpeting the nest, expertly loosening and moving the grass around to cover the bottom of the nest bowl. He left at 5:16 - hear the neighborhood crow watch and a blue jay? - and we got some beautiful close-ups of her face. Go to 9:02 to see her wrestling with a stick in the snow. Perhaps she dropped it on the way to the nest - she seems quite determined to free it from the snow! She talons it and pounces on it - a closer view starts at 10:53 - but finally gives up at 12:20. The video ends with Mr. North leaving the nest and DNF flying into it.

January 13, 2022- DNF front and Mr. North behind

DNF front Mr. North behind January 13th.JPG

January 13, 2022- Mr. North

Mr. North January 13th.JPG

January 18, 2022- DNF

DNF.JPG

Last edited:
Back