Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

Good morning, Circle friends. Please join me for lunch :)

EB6BCCAF-BDB1-49F7-AA49-0B37C6AACAC5.jpeg

Wingsday in Decorah :wuv:

From Raptor Resource Project on May 3, 2022

We concentrate on geese for a few days and the eaglets turn into tweagles: tween-age eaglets! At 36 and 37 days old, weight gain is slowing, the eaglets' mid-toes, foot pads, and tarsus are close to or at their adult size, and juvenile growth is accelerating! Wing chords and central retrixes (the central pair of tail feathers) will more than double in length over the next 40 days as DN15 and DN16 get ready for life beyond the nest. The next few weeks should provide plenty of wingertainment as the tree-riffic twosome build on their standing, walking, and wingercizing skills!

It's very rare for us to declare an official sex without capturing and measuring the eaglets, but here are a few clues for anyone who wants to guess. Females are bigger than males, although that difference isn't always clear. Males often develop a little more quickly than their sisters, so feather growth can provide a clue. But remember to take their age difference into account and don't compare today's DN15 with today's DN16! Females also have bigger footpads and hallux claws than their male counterparts by around 40 days of age: something else to compare if you can get the two to line up side by side!

View: https://fb.watch/cO8CtrY8x1/

Morning!

FRsAM6dWUAI7gP-

View: https://twitter.com/dariusaniunas/status/1521779020974731265

My approach is different in general. I like to get the hard part out of the way first. That way The prospect of having to do the hard part stops looming over me. :rofl:

Cheers, :toast:
Generally, this is how I do things.

With Jasper, no. I should do that approach. 🤣🤣🤣

Well. I suspect what you are doing is saving the best for last. 🤷
He would certainly agree that he should be considered the best. LOLOL He is one saucy bird and a bit of a diva. LOLOLOL But considering his first owner and the first five years of his life, I feel he is entitled. Though some days he pushes the envelope far. LOLOLOL

La Paloma, no 2 on your list , has been a favorite of mine forever. So refreshing. They're on the happy hour menu tonight.

Back