Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

Good morning, all!

View: https://twitter.com/cctv_idiots/status/1523666446353842176

FS136vDXsAAdyZT

Enjoy the day :)

76f364853c1070b7e6e41b5b5c27269f.jpg

Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park

The incredible “lava moon” sets over Kaluapele at 5:05 a.m. Sunday.

Tonight’s full lunar eclipse or super flower blood moon, will start below the horizon in Hawaiʻi and will be partially visible in Hawai’i skies just after the mahina piha (full) moon rises, beginning at 7:01 p.m. and ending at 8:50 p.m.

Think good thoughts for clear weather and optimal viewing!

NPS Photo/J.Wei

855428FC-B6A5-4ED2-8A1E-65816787926C.jpeg

I count on him. I get up early, too.
I was, until the last 3-4 years always up at 5. Loved it. That quiet alone new day feeling. But I'm older, given to tired-er, and given to rolling back over instead of immediately putting my feet to the floor, Still always up and ready to start my day by 7.

I was, until the last 3-4 years always up at 5. Loved it. That quiet alone new day feeling. But I'm older, given to tired-er, and given to rolling back over instead of immediately putting my feet to the floor, Still always up and ready to start my day by 7.

4 am for me for the past 35 years.

4 am for me for the past 35 years.
Started for me with my summers at my Gramps dairy farm in Vermont (56-57). He began the Morning milking religiously at 4 AM. Herd to Pasture at 5:45. Remember being on the edge of sleep and listening for him Started getting up and following him to the barn. Helping out, etc. It eventually, maybe the next summer) it became standard.

Morning all-

Hey Tim what day is it?

~Dee~
Great question! Honestly, it is My late mom's 100th Birthday and I miss her so and it's my Dads 26th anniversary of his passing. (He passed Mon's B'day, clearly, and we always have known it was no coincidence).

But your question suggests I'm foergatting something. Besides humpday. something else?

Cheers, 🥰

Wingsday in (a very busy) Decorah :wuv:

From Raptor Resource Project:

May 16, 2022: A windy day - DN15 shows DN16 how to really wingercize! DN16 starts the wingertainment with a few nice wingercizes and hops. At 2:19, DN15 gets up to show us all how it's done - flapping and extending its wings and making me cross my fingers as it flapdoodles around the edge of the nest! The two eaglets turned 51 and 50 days old today and are making excellent progress towards fledge.

A new pair of eagles are at N1. I didn't realize how much I'd missed seeing eagles here until work started kicking into high gear. While we're doubtful we'll get eggs this late - it isn't impossible, but it isn't very likely, either - I love seeing N1 busy again!

May 16, 2022: New male spies leafy branch, grabs it, and delivers it to N1.

May 16, 2022: DN15 (head at left) and DN16 (head at right). DN16 still has a few threads of thermal down clinging to the top of its head - tiny dandelion puffs that will soon be all gone!

DN15 an DN16.JPG

May 16, 2022: It get's very hard for me to tell DN15 and DN16 apart at this stage. I think this is DN16, but I honestly don't know for sure. Note the down that remains on its wings and body - a reminder that we are still roughly 25-30 days from fledge!

DN16.JPG

May 15, 2022: The new eagles at N1. He's left, she's right! Both eagles have been very busy working on the nest.

new eagles.JPG

Wingsday in (a very busy) Decorah :wuv:

From Raptor Resource Project:

May 16, 2022: A windy day - DN15 shows DN16 how to really wingercize! DN16 starts the wingertainment with a few nice wingercizes and hops. At 2:19, DN15 gets up to show us all how it's done - flapping and extending its wings and making me cross my fingers as it flapdoodles around the edge of the nest! The two eaglets turned 51 and 50 days old today and are making excellent progress towards fledge.

A new pair of eagles are at N1. I didn't realize how much I'd missed seeing eagles here until work started kicking into high gear. While we're doubtful we'll get eggs this late - it isn't impossible, but it isn't very likely, either - I love seeing N1 busy again!

May 16, 2022: New male spies leafy branch, grabs it, and delivers it to N1.

May 16, 2022: DN15 (head at left) and DN16 (head at right). DN16 still has a few threads of thermal down clinging to the top of its head - tiny dandelion puffs that will soon be all gone!

View attachment 10705

May 16, 2022: It get's very hard for me to tell DN15 and DN16 apart at this stage. I think this is DN16, but I honestly don't know for sure. Note the down that remains on its wings and body - a reminder that we are still roughly 25-30 days from fledge!

View attachment 10706

May 15, 2022: The new eagles at N1. He's left, she's right! Both eagles have been very busy working on the nest.

View attachment 10709

Busy indeed!😍

Back