Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

Enjoy! :)

32dbeb535fa7ebd531091b3c182430a8.jpg

Looks like in November sarah and I are taking the girls to great wolf lodge in Cincinnati for a couple nights. They were having a sale and what was a 300 dollar room was discounted, they were out of the 84 dollar rooms though.

I hate 10-42 calls, if you don't know what that is, that is when a police or firefighter is off duty for the last time. It could be due to retirement, killed in the line of duty, or potentially long after they retire. Since I started my career in local tv, I have been through three of hte final 10-42's for those who have died and one for a friend who retired. We could be talking like normal in the control room but the second the 10-42 starts, it is silent. I was directing last Saturday for the late and we had a package on a fallen officer in Indiana. They played his final 10-42 in the package and I couldn't even get out time cues at the end. When the friend who was a state police officer retired, that was a rough one. I have been at work for every single officer killed in the line of duty in the last 21 years locally. Those are tough to watch, even when they don't say the officer is bad or passed away, sometimes you know. The procession is amazing to watch but emotional also. I hope I never have to watch or listen to another 10-42, funeral, or procession but in my line of work I probably will. I might even be somewhere in the field for it like I was at hte last funeral when I was at hte cemetary.

Back