Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

Have a wonderful Wingsday! :)

29e62c6a07911516852f3a5a169aec7f.jpg

Wings Day, Woo-hoo!!!

These two little birds are about four ounces and four inches tall. The blue is Lapis the grey is Ashland.

20221122_145711.jpg

Yet they saved the mental health of this one who suffered a loss of Nye who died in August. Everyone knows that animals feel deeply. They love, they get upset, they cry in my case since Jasper can cry when he's hurting and so much more. If more people realize that animals are just like us when it comes to emotions maybe they take better care of them. Maybe they wouldn't abandon them maybe they wouldn't shuffle them from place to place. The reason I have been rescuing birds since 1998. I am Jasper's 2nd owner and what I got when he came home was a very emotional bird who didn't know what he had done wrong and a bird who was scared. But I tell him repeatedly you are in your forever home you are not going anywhere. He has been with us since 1999. Animals get it. Humans not all the time. So Jasper and I grieved. Making sure he didn't get any sicker because he was struggling those little birds came home.

20221122_145618.jpg

Wingsday in Decorah :wuv:

From Raptor Resource Project:

November 21, 2022: Close-up of handsome HD in Decorah. This one is pretty clear, at least to me - his beak and collar are both shorter than HM's.

B5FB64F7-81E1-4733-9477-058374DC67DC.jpeg

November 20, 2022: HD and HM gleam in the sunlight, resplendent against the bright blue sky.

C0C47689-2929-4BD3-8ACA-2C937746324A.jpeg

Back home in Northern Maine I grew up in a house in front of a lake. Across that lake there are quite a few nests of eagles. I enjoy looking out to find them and then finding them every time I go.

Back home in Northern Maine I grew up in a house in front of a lake. Across that lake there are quite a few nests of eagles. I enjoy looking out to find them and then finding them every time I go.
Have fun and who watches Jasper or do you take him? Jasper reminds me of my Assuie she way to smart and extremely aware. She is an amazing nanny both furry and human. Have a wonderful family time.

~Dee~

Have fun and who watches Jasper or do you take him? Jasper reminds me of my Assuie she way to smart and extremely aware. She is an amazing nanny both furry and human. Have a wonderful family time.

~Dee~
I'm not going now. I went in July with my sister, who lives a state up, so hubby and son took over. A couple of times when my family drove up , Jasper came with us. Him looking at the cars and sights was fun. He was a hit all over. By the way, 27 hours one way from my house to my hometown.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, sis.🥰

I'm not going now. I went in July with my sister, who lives a state up, so hubby and son took over. A couple of times when my family drove up , Jasper came with us. Him looking at the cars and sights was fun. He was a hit all over.
I can imagine lol.. we actually talked about fostering a Jasper he’s name was Evan lol. But I had dogs and little ones and wasn’t sure at the time if I could handle more ...now I wish I did.

~Dee~

I can imagine lol.. we actually talked about fostering a Jasper he’s name was Evan lol. But I had dogs and little ones and wasn’t sure at the time if I could handle more ...now I wish I did.

~Dee~
Awesome. Was he a large parrot like Jasper? Jas is a Yellow Cheek Amazon. Our son was just under 10. You can foster but it be hard as heck to not take them in.

Awesome. Was he a large parrot like Jasper? Jas is a Yellow Cheek Amazon. Our son was just under 10. You can foster but it be hard as heck to not take them in.
Yeah he was a large Parrot I was really interested an employee of my hubby needed to find a home. Hubby was all over it and I was really leaning towards getting him. My eldest at the time was 4 the middle was 21/2 the youngest my daughter was a newborn and the youngest was just not even a consideration lol. Fortunately he was able to get a family member to watch him for a bit....

~Dee~

Yeah he was a large Parrot I was really interested an employee of my hubby needed to find a home. Hubby was all over it and I was really leaning towards getting him. My eldest at the time was 4 the middle was 21/2 the youngest my daughter was a newborn and the youngest was just not even a consideration lol. Fortunately he was able to get a family member to watch him for a bit....

~Dee~
Awesome. Yes, four kids four years and younger, yeah, I might not have either if that was me. That is a lot on your plate. We have a few sanctuaries for parrots here. If one was closer I would volunteer there. There is a place near us that needs volunteers to hang out with cats. Thinking on that one. I mean, hang out with cats.

Awesome. Yes, four kids four years and younger, yeah, I might not have either if that was me. That is a lot on your plate. We have a few sanctuaries for parrots here. If one was closer I would volunteer there. There is a place near us that needs volunteers to hang out with cats. Thinking on that one. I mean, hang out with cats.
I also worked lol, but, I actually thought for my practice he would have worked . Not going to lie the dogs are always in and around my office the kids love them.

I've had a few cats in my day ...

~Dee~

My daughter hated cats my son brought home a stray that fit in his pocket ... she was a one of 4 that someone dumped in a foundation during a rain storm... my son and his buddy rescued them. She was a handful lol. My daughter hated her .... my daughter has a dog and 3 cats now lol.

~Dee~

Back