Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

Good morning and have a great day :)

89d7982bed2b6a9730a69abf28dc407f.jpg

Freestyle Friday in Decorah :wuv:

From Raptor Resource Project:

February 21, 2023: The calm before the storm! HD and HM on the Y.
The two are spending a lot of time near the nest and we're hopeful that HM
will lay her first egg soon.

View attachment 15634

February 22, 2023: Why don't we migrate? A late February snowstorm dropped a lot of snow in
the valley of the Norths! The snow piling up on Mr. North's back illustrates the insulative properties
of feathers: Mr. North wasn't losing enough heat to melt the snow away from his back. But he
eventually gets tired of the drifts and gets up to shake it off!

View attachment 15635

February 23, 2023: How deep is the snow? Mr. North protected his egg and kept the snow and
ice at bay. For now, the snow cover gives Mr. North and DNF some protection from the wind.
It's fairly compacted and shouldn't slump into the nest, although excessive heat is a bigger risk
than cold to eggs and embryos at this point in development.

View attachment 15636

February 23, 2023: The North's egg.

View attachment 15637

February 23, 2023: Handsome HD seems more than ready for eggs! First-time eagle dads can
sometimes appear a little hesitant or reluctant when it comes to incubation, but it looks like HD
is ready to go!

View attachment 15638
Sidebar to Decorah: Human Angels doing Gods work.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC6ruQFSw-w

If you have Facebook, I so badly would love to live in this house. It is out in the country, is triple the size of my current house, and I know the layout. A friend of mine lived there in middle school. I doubt my wife would ever go for it, she likes where we live. There is a kitchen, dining room, formal dining room and living room on the main floor. The second floor has all the bedrooms. Then there is a basement that is finished. That is just the main portion of the house. There is an additional portion about as big as my current house that is apparently now a mother in law suite. Back when I was there is was extra rooms and a garage.

The entire living area is 3200 sq ft with an acre of land.

Happy Full Moon Tuesday. It's the Worm Moon (worms start to resurface in March, the Lenten moon (it's prior to the equinox) or the Sugar Moon, cause the sap runs in March. Enjoy it.

Wingsday in Decorah :wuv:

From Raptor Resource Project:

March 6, 2023: HM incubates her eggs. We anticipate hatch here on about April 4.

CB702AE1-2BAB-4EC0-A0AD-4671CC32577C.jpeg

March 5, 2023: A look at the eggs! HD and HM are taking wonderful care of them.
Some watchers have expressed concern about dark spots and splotches. This is
very normal - the eagles are messy eaters and the eggs are cradled in grass and
husks, which can stain them. Blood splashes look especially alarming, but the eggs
are not vascularized enough to produce splotch-sized quantities of blood.

3FCFB0BA-89F3-493C-A999-FEB07D6BC6CB.jpeg

Back