Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

Once again, not going to make my monthly goal of walking a mile a day on average. Only walked 17.3 miles for the month. Probably going to ride my bike Thursday and Friday when I can and get more miles on it. I put 14 miles on it in the last two weeks (went out twice). This is technically when I'm walking to exercise miles, I do on average 1.5 miles a day minimal without recording my walking as exercise.

Wingsday in Decorah :wuv:

From Raptor Resource Project:

May 23, 2023: The past few days DH2 has shown great progress in self feeding.
In today's video we see HD drop off a fish followed by a great example of how
eagles mantle their food. DH2 spreads his/her wings to claim the fish, self
feeds, and swallows a large portion of the fish at the end!

Good morning and Happy Thirstday! :)

2487b3ced34504492dda9d459687c315.jpg

A mile with Elizabeth behind me on the tag a long bike, a mile with Olivia in the bike trailer, then 9 miles by myself to two local city parks and another park before heading home.

Happy Freestyle Friday! :)

Leopard tortoises take 10-20 minutes to mate, so this minute-length live cam clip
is a considerable abbreviation.

View: https://fb.watch/kPvGRucnCg/

a tradition at the Indy 500 I hope never goes away. I am glad I got to experience it once in person with jim nabors live at the race. To say it was emotional to hear it live with someone you grew up as a kid hearing on tv is to say the least. There will never be another jim nabors to sing it and mari hulman george (who I knew from a part time job in town) to give the command to start the engines, but Jim cornelious isn't bad.

Memorial Day: Honoring those who gave their ultimate sacrifice in service. Men, women and service dogs.

IMG_3193.jpeg

I’ll miss you too, Chev. Have a wonderful time!

Have fun!

~Dee~

We had a blast at my son's wedding in Florence (Firenze) in the heart of Tuscany. Just gorgeous. We were all disappointed in the food - Italian food is actually better at a good restaurant over here. Nevertheless it was a wonderful trip that included sightseeing to Pisa and Cinque Terre as well as multiple winery tours and excursions by smallish fishing boats.
Next year we're cruising the Mediterranean with a focus on the islands of Italy and Greece.

We had a blast at my son's wedding in Florence (Firenze) in the heart of Tuscany. Just gorgeous. We were all disappointed in the food - Italian food is actually better at a good restaurant over here. Nevertheless it was a wonderful trip that included sightseeing to Pisa and Cinque Terre as well as multiple winery tours and excursions by smallish fishing boats.
Next year we're cruising the Mediterranean with a focus on the islands of Italy and Greece.
Welcome back, Chev. Happy to hear you had a great trip.

Back