Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice, thanks. I've checked out the 2nd and well as the Running subreddit.

I haven't really done much long distance running before. I've been much more active since January, but it's mostly been weights and high-intensity cardio (not long distances/durations).

Last night I decided to jog at a slow pace for about 30 minutes without stopping to check my current endurance level. As I got to 30, I felt pretty good and kept going and eventually finished 5k in about 36 minutes without resting. Not a great time, but I was more concerned with longevity instead of speed, and I was pretty satisfied I was able to do a 5k on my first real run.

Probably going to end up training for runs 4 days a week and continuing weights the other 3 days. Goal now is to work on pace to lower 5k time.

Nice, thanks. I've checked out the 2nd and well as the Running subreddit.

As I got to 30, I felt pretty good and kept going and eventually finished 5k in about 36 minutes without resting. Not a great time, but I was more concerned with longevity instead of speed, and I was pretty satisfied I was able to do a 5k on my first real run.

Runners World forum is kinda like patsfans.com
Running Ahead is more like patriots planet, especially some of the subforums

12 minute miles are just fine for a beginner. Don't even worry about your pace for a few months, just build up running muscles and cardio. Faster will come. Lots of training plans out there, many can be found on the websites listed. I find that signing up for a paid race is a great motivator, just make sure it is at least a couple months away. Best wishes!

(Running in high school made me hate running because the emphasis was always on speed. I found out years later that long distance at a slower pace works for me. Never thought I'd run a marathon, but now i've run 3! My favorite race distance is a half marathon.)

Happy Freestyle Friday :wave:

Daffodils-Hyacinths-Cynthia-Kramer.jpg

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/tghHYGj0ZUQKY?html5=true" width="480" height="324" frameBorder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Did a quick bike ride (pedal) today, short one though, only did about 10 miles.

Did a quick bike ride (pedal) today, short one though, only did about 10 miles.

What are your top places for him to visit?

Well that certainly depends on what he's into. I might be able to help if we could narrow that down a bit :)

I know a good amount of very good restaurants and there are a lot of very good art museums.

Also, two of the world's oldest amusement parks, I believe, one of which is Tivoli (right next to City Hall in the center of the city)

Morning all-

Heading back today. Everyone have a great day!

Enjoy

~Dee~
Posted via Mobile Device

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/m6aIggqT7oB4A?html5=true" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back