TERM LIMITS Yea or Nay?

Do you support term limits for US and state elected offices?

• Yes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
Are these just at the state level ? Or do those states’ term limits refer to federal?
Because Pelosi has far exceeded California’s term limit.

Edit: Pffft. These are states with state term limits. Who gives a flying...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
State level. And they've shown to have those effects over and over.

Really, if you have a bad congress member, vote them out.

OP
aloyouis

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Are these just at the state level ? Or do those states’ term limits refer to federal?
Because Pelosi has far exceeded California’s term limit.

Edit: Pffft. These are states with state term limits. Who gives a flying...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
State term limits do not impact Federal offices as you stated. We have a congresswoman here (Dingell) that occupies the seat her husband had for 59 YEARS. And he got after his father gad in for decades! Now she has it. Much like DOCTOR Jill Biden, she is the second and younger wife of the politician (not the baby sitter though). Waited for him to die and then assumed his seat. This shit has to stop. Almost 100 years hold on HoR seat.

foobahl

Reaction score
not only should there be term limits, there should be state laws forbidding out of state contributions for political office. You represent NH, you get your money from NH. That may be even more important than term limits.

johnlocke

Reaction score
not only should there be term limits, there should be state laws forbidding out of state contributions for political office. You represent NH, you get your money from NH. That may be even more important than term limits.

Interesting. Never thought much on that but on the surface seems reasonable.

patswin

WTF
Reaction score
I simply take note of career pols that accumulate vast fortunes on a congressional salary and wonder what that is? It's from selling access to special interests.
I find it odd that someone opines that term limits gives the executive branch greater power, when the executive branch is the only area of governance WITH term limits.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
I've always thought that this is how it should work, there is no reason why other states should be able to contribute in another states election. There was millions upon millions of dollars donated to the Georgia runoff just out of California alone.

OP
aloyouis

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score

I've always thought that this is how it should work, there is no reason why other states should be able to contribute in another states election. There was millions upon millions of dollars donated to the Georgia runoff just out of California alone.
And now you know why the Democrats will fight term limits and political offshore or off state funding prohibitions to the nail. 90% of their influence is on each coast via large population of sheep and money. They won't give up their levers without a massive fight.

What's right or what's constitutional is irrelevant to them.

Last edited: