Texans now interested in Mallett

I read somewhere that their interest is not as strong as first thought. If I can find it, I will link it here.

If the Texans are crazy enough to give the Patriots a high 2nd-round pick for Mallett, then that deal can't happen fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

I doubt that they are, though.

Mallett is gone after this season, might as well get something for him. Brady's got at least a few years left, they don't need his successor just yet. And if he goes down the Patriots are screwed anyway.

BB has had 2 different confirmed opportunities to trade Mallett for a 2nd and he turned them both down. I think it's pretty apparent BB isn't in nearly as much of a hurry to trade Mallett as some of us are.

BB has had 2 different confirmed opportunities to trade Mallett for a 2nd and he turned them both down. I think it's pretty apparent BB isn't in nearly as much of a hurry to trade Mallett as some of us are.

If you were BB and you knew Brady was going to retire in two years would you want to keep Mallet? IMO I think BB knows if Brady has another catastrophic injury he will not be coming back to play again. Having mallet is a pretty damn good standby...

I think we all need to take a deep breath.

Malllet's career stat line is 1-4 with one Int.

No one is giving up a 2nd for him, most of all the team picking first in the second round.

Given the history of Brady's former back-ups (somewhat spotty) I doubt anyone would go much above a 4th rounder.

If Mallett gets traded, it will likely be on draft day because then BB will tip his hand that he may be looking at a QB (McCarron). I say he gets dealt. It makes too much sense not to

Yes but I'm not going to look for them now. I read both over the wkend.

No worries, if you say they're confirmed I'll buy it.

I'm just not sure what they see in Mallett that they'd value him that high. Maybe it's just a contingency if Brady goes down, but good luck with that. This isn't 2008.

No worries, if you say they're confirmed I'll buy it.

I'm just not sure what they see in Mallett that they'd value him that high. Maybe it's just a contingency if Brady goes down, but good luck with that. This isn't 2008.

It's Mallett with 3 years of training costing a 2nd round pick vs Bridgewater/Manziel/Bortles as raw rookies costing a 1st round pick.

I think we all need to take a deep breath.

Malllet's career stat line is 1-4 with one Int.

No one is giving up a 2nd for him, most of all the team picking first in the second round.

Given the history of Brady's former back-ups (somewhat spotty) I doubt anyone would go much above a 4th rounder.

I don't know about all this. Cassel just signed another contract, and Hoyer's in line to start in Cleveland.

Granted, I don't know where Rohan Davey is. Rohan Davey probably doesn't even know.

I think that's pretty good for a couple of backups, and they're both pretty consistent starters. (Cassel would have been in Minny if they weren't so stupid). :shrug:

Matt Cassel seems just good enough to disappoint you. He's like a very poor man's Tony Romo.

Cassellwas re-signed by theVikes. Presumably fro more money than the $ million he walked away from.

So to get a fair backup it would cost arounf $4 million per year. Mallett costs under a million .

So lets trade Mallett for a bag of magic beans and spend $3.5 million to replace him at backup QB. Sound strategy from our more mentally challenged Draftnik fans...

If something happens to TB this team as constituted is winning crapola so the backup QB might be the most meaningless position on the team.

We couldn't race to the podium fast enough if Houston were to offer their 2.

Just sign a sept cut for vet min and suck for the next luck.

Back