The 2020 General Election

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
big will ferrell GIF

Inspector_50

Reaction score
That particular paradox predates George Carlin by a bit. It was addressed by Thomas Aquinas.
Some things peak my interests for whatever reason. I got really into paradoxes and watched quite a bit of youtube. lol. Some make my brain hurt thats for sure.

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
lol, no. Its a paradox. Here is the actual idea.
  • If God is able to make a mountain heavier than He is able to lift, then there may be something He is not able to do: He is not able to lift that mountain.
  • If God is not able to make such a mountain, then there is something He is not able to do: He is not able to make that mountain.
If either outcome were considered true, then it is argued that God Almighty is actually not almighty.

Again dont like using God in this, but its the omnipotence paradox. There are others. Basically its a statement that like, despite apparently valid reasoning from true premises, leads to a seemingly self-contradictory or a logically unacceptable conclusion.

and....I probably went to long on this, moving on.
I liked the one from Bertrand Russell.

We would have to assume that God would be the most pure being to ever live.

But to create the 7 deadly sins, God would have to know what they feel like.

If God knows what those feel like, God cannot be pure.

(More or less)

johnlocke

Reaction score
lol, no. Its a paradox. Here is the actual idea.
  • If God is able to make a mountain heavier than He is able to lift, then there may be something He is not able to do: He is not able to lift that mountain.
  • If God is not able to make such a mountain, then there is something He is not able to do: He is not able to make that mountain.
If either outcome were considered true, then it is argued that God Almighty is actually not almighty.

Again dont like using God in this, but its the omnipotence paradox. There are others. Basically its a statement that like, despite apparently valid reasoning from true premises, leads to a seemingly self-contradictory or a logically unacceptable conclusion.

and....I probably went to long on this, moving on.

I actually see the concept of his omnipotence and omniscience a contradiction to reality not a paradox. A paradox can exist and have a rational explanation. God cannot, therefore faith must be employed which by its nature is not rational to explain these things.

But I digress. If we're gonna get into this is should be in the Philosophy Thread or something. :)

Last edited:

Providence Colt

Reaction score
I'm watchin Rudy's hour and 45 minute pc. It was was hard to find on YouTube because of all the left freaks posting vids and launching ad hominem attacks laughing at the crazy old man and I've seen that here. Did anyone actually watch the whole thing unadulterated? I'm guessing not on the left. Y'all tend to get your opinions on the news spoon fed to you by folks that only care about a narrative and have no interest in facts.

It's quite interesting, really.
View: https://twitter.com/marceelias/status/1330290742732918784?s=21

johnlocke: RUDY GIULIANI WAS BRILLIANT

Judge: It’s dismissed. WITH prejudice.

foobahl

Reaction score
Does it matter that Toomey is wrong? Just asking.
Not really, as it is an opinion. He is the senator for the state of PA. Unless and until evidence of illegality is produced the electoral process should continue. If that makes Biden president, so be it. I am not stating that Biden is president elect, and will not say so until the electors meet or Trump concedes.

OP
Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
Not really, as it is an opinion. He is the senator for the state of PA. Unless and until evidence of illegality is produced the electoral process should continue. If that makes Biden president, so be it. I am not stating that Biden is president elect, and will not say so until the electors meet or Trump concedes.
Yeah, I meant wrong in the sense of legal options.

At any rate.....this is an interesting report.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=746HTjhFifA

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
So question, say electors meet and elect Biden but on a slim chance Trump wins court challenges (possibly up to SCOTUS ruling) and results are thrown out in key states that would've taken away the electoral vote. Does that invalidate the EC vote? I'm not saying it is going to happen and don't believe it will happen, but just wondering.

ParanoidPatriot

JUSTICE
Reaction score
Why don't the Dem's want to find out if there was fraud or "irregularities"? You would think that they would. 73 million people voted for Trump and a very high percentage of those people think that the election was rigged. If it comes to pass that there was no provable evidence that the election was rigged, then most of those people will accept it. There is always a percent on each side that won't accept the results of the election and evidenced by the way a group of Dem's acted in 2016.

But it's not good for the country going forward if 50--65 million think the election was rigged.

DeflateThis

Reaction score
Why don't the Dem's want to find out if there was fraud or "irregularities"? You would think that they would. 73 million people voted for Trump and a very high percentage of those people think that the election was rigged. If it comes to pass that there was no provable evidence that the election was rigged, then most of those people will accept it. There is always a percent on each side that won't accept the results of the election and evidenced by the way a group of Dem's acted in 2016.

But it's not good for the country going forward if 50--65 million think the election was rigged.
Im not so sure they would accept it anyways unless Trump would say so. Dont see that happening.