The 2020 General Election

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score
Flat taxes are still theft, and still targeted to those that work and are legal. A National sales tax doesn't care if you are an illegal immigrant or drug dealer...you still pay taxes.

Why would a drug dealer pay a sales tax? He isn't registered with IRS. :huh:

Otherwise I agree with you. Whether it's a flat sales tax or even an income tax that has to be paid monthly instead of automatically withdrawn...something that forces the public to actually realize how much of their hard-earned money is wasted on the government.

Those types of ideas are the only ones that will effect change in the form of lower taxes and less government spending.

As I typed that, I realize I don't believe it anymore.

The federal government no longer cares about egregious deficits and it appears neither does the public.

We're all too comfortable. Everything is going to have to collapse to effect change.

That's what I believe now.

OP
Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
Why would a drug dealer pay a sales tax? He isn't registered with IRS. :huh:

Otherwise I agree with you. Whether it's a flat sales tax or even an income tax that has to be paid monthly instead of automatically withdrawn...something that forces the public to actually realize how much of their hard-earned money is wasted on the government.

Those types of ideas are the only ones that will effect change in the form of lower taxes and less government spending.

As I typed that, I realize I don't believe it anymore.

The federal government no longer cares about egregious deficits and it appears neither does the public.

We're all too comfortable. Everything is going to have to collapse to effect change.

That's what I believe now.

I mean when the rug dealer buys his cars and his stereo system...not when he buys and sells his drugs. Still, he'd pay a Hell of a lot more taxes than he is now.

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Good grief! Just keep this guy talking.

And doesn’t this sound kinda similar to the Obamacare passage? Meh, details. You don’t need them. Just vote for it, then you’ll see.

Yeah, that worked out awesome.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-awkward-theyll-shoot-me-quip-kenosha

Biden makes awkward ‘they’ll shoot me’ quip during Kenosha appearance

Biden's visit was focused on healing after the police shooting of Jacob Blake

Marisa Schultz11 hours ago
Biden meets with Jacob Blake’s family in Wisconsin, days after Trump visitVideo
Former Vice President Joe Biden used an unfortunate choice of words Thursday while visiting Kenosha, Wis. in the aftermath of the police shooting of Jacob Blake.

Biden's speech aimed at addressing racial unrest veered into talking about inequities in taxes at one point. He stopped himself from laying out his tax policy in detail, saying if he goes on any longer "they'll shoot me."

The Democratic nominee, who has been prone to gaffes, billed his first trip to Wisconsin during the 2020 campaign as a moment for healing in the wake of racial unrest and violence.

WISCONSIN DONORS, ESPECIALLY IN KENOSHA, SUPPORTING TRUMP MORE THAN BIDEN, DATA SHOW

He met with community leaders at Kenosha's Grace Lutheran Church and listened to their concerns on topics like economic inequality, restoring faith in policing, criminal justice reform and improving education.

Democratic presidential candidate former Vice President Joe Biden speaks as he meets with community members at Grace Lutheran Church in Kenosha, Wis., Thursday, Sept. 3, 2020. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster)
Democratic presidential candidate former Vice President Joe Biden speaks as he meets with community members at Grace Lutheran Church in Kenosha, Wis., Thursday, Sept. 3, 2020. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster)
Biden also visited the family of Blake, a 29-year-old Black man whose shooting by police last month set off another round of protests and in, some instances, riots and violence in Wisconsin and elsewhere.

President Trump visited Wisconsin earlier this week but didn't meet with Blake's family. Instead, he centered his message on supporting police and rebuilding damaged businesses.

BIDEN SAYS KENOSHA TRIP INTENDED TO 'EASE RACIAL TENSIONS'

Biden said he's seeking common ground that Trump is incapable of reaching with “law and order” rhetoric and repeated refusals to acknowledge racism in America.

“I can’t say if tomorrow God made me president, I can’t guarantee you everything gets solved in four years,” Biden said. But “it would be a whole better, we’d get a whole lot further down the road” if Trump isn’t re-elected.

“There’s certain things worth losing over,” he concluded, “and this is something worth losing over if you have to — but we’re not going to lose.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Lol!!!!!!!!!!

Moe.

Mentum.

Think I’ll dig into iTunes for “Train Kept A Rollin’”

https://justthenews.com/nation/economy/us-added-137-million-jobs-august-unemployment-rate-falls-84

Labor Day surprise! U.S. adds 1.37 million jobs in August, unemployment rate falls to 8.4%

The U.S. economy added 1.37 million jobs in August, and the unemployment rate fell to 8.4%, down from the July figure of 10.2%, the Labor Department reported Friday.

In April, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) predicted the third quarter unemployment rate would hit 16%, nearly double the number released today. Economists predicted less optimistic figures than the August report ultimately produced. Though the August hiring number fell by 300,000 jobs from the July figure, the 8.4% number was more than a full point lower than the expected figure of 9.8%.

President Trump was pleased with the jobs report on Friday morning, tweeting to his nearly 86 million followers, "Great Jobs Numbers! 1.37 Million Jobs Added In August. Unemployment Rate Falls To 8.4% (Wow, much better than expected!). Broke the 10% level faster and deeper than thought possible."

The report comes amid other positive economic news from August. Retail sales, real estate sales, and manufacturing numbers are up, easing out of their coronavirus dips. The stock market has also generally been on the rise, despite an 800-point tumble it took on Thursday before closing bell. On Wednesday, the Nasdaq climbed above 12,000 for the first time in history, though it fell with the rest of the indexes Thursday afternoon.

However, the pace of U.S. rehiring slowed in August, as workers continued to lose their jobs in some fields. One explanation is that the labor market is stalling slightly because of the lack of government stimulus spending. In July, the U.S. had 13 million fewer jobs than in February, prior to the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, the country is now looking at about 11.5 million fewer jobs.

Late on Wednesday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said "the cooperative spirit we had in March and April" between Capitol Hill lawmakers, has dissipated as we move closer and closer to the election."

shecolt

Reaction score
Good grief! Just keep this guy talking.

And doesn’t this sound kinda similar to the Obamacare passage? Meh, details. You don’t need them. Just vote for it, then you’ll see.

Yeah, that worked out awesome.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-awkward-theyll-shoot-me-quip-kenosha

Biden makes awkward ‘they’ll shoot me’ quip during Kenosha appearance

Biden's visit was focused on healing after the police shooting of Jacob Blake

Marisa Schultz11 hours ago
Biden meets with Jacob Blake’s family in Wisconsin, days after Trump visitVideo
Former Vice President Joe Biden used an unfortunate choice of words Thursday while visiting Kenosha, Wis. in the aftermath of the police shooting of Jacob Blake.

Biden's speech aimed at addressing racial unrest veered into talking about inequities in taxes at one point. He stopped himself from laying out his tax policy in detail, saying if he goes on any longer "they'll shoot me."

The Democratic nominee, who has been prone to gaffes, billed his first trip to Wisconsin during the 2020 campaign as a moment for healing in the wake of racial unrest and violence.

WISCONSIN DONORS, ESPECIALLY IN KENOSHA, SUPPORTING TRUMP MORE THAN BIDEN, DATA SHOW

He met with community leaders at Kenosha's Grace Lutheran Church and listened to their concerns on topics like economic inequality, restoring faith in policing, criminal justice reform and improving education.

Biden also visited the family of Blake, a 29-year-old Black man whose shooting by police last month set off another round of protests and in, some instances, riots and violence in Wisconsin and elsewhere.

President Trump visited Wisconsin earlier this week but didn't meet with Blake's family. Instead, he centered his message on supporting police and rebuilding damaged businesses.

BIDEN SAYS KENOSHA TRIP INTENDED TO 'EASE RACIAL TENSIONS'

Biden said he's seeking common ground that Trump is incapable of reaching with “law and order” rhetoric and repeated refusals to acknowledge racism in America.

“I can’t say if tomorrow God made me president, I can’t guarantee you everything gets solved in four years,” Biden said. But “it would be a whole better, we’d get a whole lot further down the road” if Trump isn’t re-elected.

“There’s certain things worth losing over,” he concluded, “and this is something worth losing over if you have to — but we’re not going to lose.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Good grief is correct! I can overlook using the "shooting" remark even though it wasn't very fitting given the circumstances. What I'm trying to understand is what the heck he meant.

Who are "they"? Why would they shoot him about going into more detail about HIS tax plan? It seems to me that if he and the democrats are wanting to win votes that he should go into more detail about how wonderful his tax plan is.

Of course, those are questions that reporters should be asking. But, I don't see that happening unless he decides to take a question from a reporter who doesn't pander to him.

shecolt

Reaction score
Good grief is correct! I can overlook using the "shooting" remark even though it wasn't very fitting given the circumstances. What I'm trying to understand is what the heck he meant.

Who are "they"? Why would they shoot him about going into more detail about HIS tax plan? It seems to me that if he and the democrats are wanting to win votes that he should go into more detail about how wonderful his tax plan is.

Of course, those are questions that reporters should be asking. But, I don't see that happening unless he decides to take a question from a reporter who doesn't pander to him.

I'm going to reply to myself by saying . . . Well, DUH, shecolt. :doh:

When I read that Biden said that they would shoot him for going into more detail, my first thought was one wondering if he was referring to his handlers being upset with him for going off script and therefore setting himself up for more gaffs.

It wasn't until this morning that it hit me that he may very well have been referring to those who were in attendance. In which case, yeah, accusing them of wanting to shoot him wasn't a good thing to say . . . especially given the circumstances.

johnlocke

Reaction score
OMG. The stories coming out of the national FB #Walkaway group are coming in in droves. Then yesterday I was invited to the NH chapter and these cats have weekly meetups in the thousands and growing.

I think the dems are done.

shecolt

Reaction score
OMG. The stories coming out of the national FB #Walkaway group are coming in in droves. Then yesterday I was invited to the NH chapter and these cats have weekly meetups in the thousands and growing.

I have a facebook friend who shares each and every one of those stories as they come out. So, I can attest to your comment because it has gotten to the point where I am seriously thinking of "hiding" this friend. Not because I'm not happy to see how many are walking away, but because all those posts are starting to really clog up my page.

I can't help but wonder if the way Brandon Straka was treated by the protesters after the RNC helped his Walkaway Campaign because it's one thing to protest against someone for political reasons, but the homophobic slurs that were made against him is quite another.

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
I think it’s watching all these Dem led frontiers fall into utter oblivion. Whether it’s CA, where at 30% renewable their grid is inept and they are mandated to be at 60% renewable in 10 years time, or in signature outposts like Seattle, Portland, DC, Chicago, SF, NYC, Baltimore, etc they are burning in the Dem fire.

NH is too cognizant. Too weary. Too alert to fall into that repute.

They are making a concerted strategic move.

I applaud them.

#futurehome

Grandmaster B

Reaction score

And I think you're extremely gullible. We'll find out soon enough who is right. :muse:

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score
Hmmm. Reflection of picture Biden shows on camera during basement interview. If this is legitimate... ROFL

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
There’s another clip where he’s asked a question and then he’s talking to the teleprompter “Move it up, move it up.”

Lol.

And you wonder why he’s not taking questions at any appearance unless by EXTREME filtered interviewers with softball questions guaranteed to be rehearsed previously.

While Trump is taking straight heat almost every day.

On the same debate stage?

This’ll be ugly folks.

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
LULZ. #walkawayindeed

https://www.thedailybeast.com/democ...s-trump-fanatics-a-psychic-but-no-actual-dems

A new advocacy group ostensibly comprised of Democrats opposed to the election of Joe Biden appears to have the backing of few, if any, actual Democrats.

Those involved, however, do include a Republican operative whose group illicitly funneled millions into political contests, a longtime Trump fan whose son works for the president’s campaign, and a self-described celebrity psychic who’s taught best practices for exorcisms.