The 2020 General Election

AnOldTroll

Reaction score
This gentleman pretty much nails it in my opinion.

To everyone who cannot (and will not) understand our support for President Trump!!
1. You see Trump’s arrogance, I see Trump’s confidence.
2. You see Trump’s nationalism, I see Trump’s patriotism.
3. You hear Trump’s unsophisticated words, I hear Trump’s
honesty.
4. You see Trump’s racism, I see Trump’s words being
misconstrued and twisted by the media daily to fit their
narrative.
5. You see Trump as a Republican, I see Trump as a Patriot.
6. You see Trump as a dictator, I see Trump as a leader.
7. You see Trump as an Authoritarian, I see Trump as the only one willing to fight for our freedoms.
8. You see Trump as childish, I see Trump as a fighter, unwilling to cave in to the lies.
9. You see Trump as an unpolished politician, I see Trump as a breath of fresh air.
10. You see Trump as homophobic, I see Trump as the first President who has ever entered office supporting gay marriage.
11. You think Trump hates immigrants, I know Trump is married to an immigrant.
12. You see Trump putting an end to immigration in America, I see Trump welcoming immigrants to America LEGALLY.
13. You see Trump’s cages at the border, I see Obama’s cages at the border.
14. You see Trump with a struggling economy, I see Trump with an amazing economy until the Democrats shut it down.
15. You see the violence in the streets and call it “Trump’s America”, I see the violence in the streets of Democratic run cities who are refusing Trump’s help and call it “Liberal America.”
16. You want someone more Presidential, I’m happy we have someone who finally doesn’t just talk the talk but actually walks the walk.
You and I? We see things very differently.
I voted for him once and I’ll do it again!! ����#Trump2020 ����
Beautifully said by: Vincent Carstons

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
6. You see Trump as a dictator, I see Trump as a leader.
7. You see Trump as an Authoritarian, I see Trump as the only one willing to fight for our freedoms.

And the very same people who make these claims insist that the COVID-19 deaths are all Trumps fault because he wasn't enough of an authoritarian or dictator.

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/justth...ential-elections-says-trump-will-win-2020?amp

Model that predicted 5 of past 6 presidential elections has Trump in 2020 by 'landslide' | Just The News

Professor's model 'a leading indicator' of November results

By Daniel Payne

Last Updated: September 16, 2020 - 7:21 pm

A professor of political science whose controversial election model has correctly called five of the last six U.S. presidential elections says President Trump will win reelection in 2020 in a "landslide."

Helmut Norpoth, who teaches at Stony Brook University, is giving Trump "a 90-percent chance of being re-elected in a landslide," the Long Island, N.Y., school said in a recent press release.

Norpoth's "Primary Model" has correctly predicted nearly every presidential election since 1996, missing only George Bush's 2000 victory over Al Gore. (When the model is "applied to previous elections," Stonybrook said, it "correctly predicts an impressive 25 of the last 27.")

The model utilizes data from presidential primaries to help predict who will win.

"I focus on early primaries and the way the candidates perform in those early contests," Norpoth said in the press release. "It's a very good predictor, and a leading indicator of what's going to happen in November."

The professor said he was unsurprised at the model's prediction this year, citing Trump's performance in the primaries earlier in the winter.

"When I looked at New Hampshire and I saw that Donald Trump got 85 percent of the votes ... I was pretty sure what the model was going to predict," he said in the release.

Joe Biden, on the other hand, pulled down only 8.4% in New Hampshire, Norpoth said, a number that is "unbelievable for a candidate with any aspirations of being president," he stated.

foobahl

Reaction score
I didn't want to put this in the RBG RIP thread because I do respect her life and dedication to her work. That said, she herself created this "crisis" by staying in that SCOTUS seat when she knew she was dying at minimum months ago. It was a bit of hubris that kept her there. And WTF with the dictated dying wish.

patsRmyboys

Fun in the Florida sun
Reaction score
I didn't want to put this in the RBG RIP thread because I do respect her life and dedication to her work. That said, she herself created this "crisis" by staying in that SCOTUS seat when she knew she was dying at minimum months ago. It was a bit of hubris that kept her there. And WTF with the dictated dying wish.

... and who the fuck is Schumer to stand there and say that we HAVE to abide by her dying wish? These people live in Bizzarro world. And now Pelosi is threatening impeachment over her replacement? What the actual fuck do these idiots think they are doing? All so they can preserve their "right" to rip a baby from its mother's womb, disgusting...

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
"The Daily Beast"............nuff said. :LOL:

Especially considering we’ve had posters here attend events and comment on how large the following is.

But believe your lib rag if you choose. Go see if they have a poll while you’re at it.

Lolololololololololololo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
"The Daily Beast"............nuff said. :LOL:

Especially considering we’ve had posters here attend events and comment on how large the following is.

But believe your lib rag if you choose. Go see if they have a poll while you’re at it.

Lolololololololololololo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, refuting a link based solely on the source, isn't the best idea IMHO.

For one thing, it simply makes it easier for the other side to reject, out of hand, a link you provide that they think is "unreliable".

Hell, even the National Enquirer has been the first to accurately report some stories.

If they can get shit right, anyone can.

So, IMHO, it is better to find contrary links that don't show the same information and put the burden on the other side to resolve the discrepancy.

By definition, a tie proves both stories "wrong".

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score

For one thing, it simply makes it easier for the other side to reject, out of hand, a link you provide that they think is "unreliable".

Hell, even the National Enquirer has been the first to accurately report some stories.

So, IMHO, it is better to find contrary links that don't show the same information and put the burden on the other side to resolve the discrepancy.

Not proclaiming any link. I’m referencing fellow posters who’ve witnessed it firsthand and reported what they saw.

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
Not proclaiming any link. I’m referencing fellow posters who’ve witnessed it firsthand and reported what they saw.

So, anecdotal evidence. Of things people said on Facebook.

I know this may come as a shock, but there are tons of astroturf Facebook accounts claiming all kinds of things.

There's everything from paid Russian bots (yeah, they exist, and they post from both the left and the right. Their main goal is to make us all fight) to spammers, to yes, there are no doubt some legit people switching. That's normal. Nearly every election sees around 10% of voters from both sides crossover vote.

Will there be an abnormally large number of Dems crossover this year? Unlikely.

We'll see after the election. I think it will be lower than normal. More Republicans will cross over than Democrats.

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
So, anecdotal evidence. Of things people said on Facebook.

I know this may come as a shock, but there are tons of astroturf Facebook accounts claiming all kinds of things.

There's everything from paid Russian bots (yeah, they exist, and they post from both the left and the right. Their main goal is to make us all fight) to spammers, to yes, there are no doubt some legit people switching. That's normal. Nearly every election sees around 10% of voters from both sides crossover vote.

Will there be an abnormally large number of Dems crossover this year? Unlikely.

We'll see after the election. I think it will be lower than normal. More Republicans will cross over than Democrats.

I’ve never been on Facebook or InstaFace or any of your silly platforms.

No, I’m talking of John Locke’s firsthand experience attending that he posted about here.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score

That might be but I don't really care if they trust any link I post (hint: they won't), this isn't politics of the 80's and 90's. This monstrosity started with Obama and has steamrolled into madness simply because Trump beat the Chosen One, this country hasn't been the same since.

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Continuing to crush it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-plan-for-black-america

Trump $500B Black America plan designates KKK, Antifa as 'terrorist organizations'

The plan calls for making lynching a national hate crime

Brooke Singman2 hours ago
Fox News Flash top headlines for September 25Video
President Trump’s plan for Black America designates the KKK and Antifa as terrorist organizations and calls for making lynching a national hate crime, while pledging to increase access to capital in Black communities by nearly $500 billion, Fox News has learned.

Sponsored

Article
The president on Friday is expected to roll out details of what the campaign is calling the “Platinum Plan,” which details “opportunity,” “security,” “prosperity,” and “fairness” for the Black Community.

TRUMP SAYS HE'S DONE MORE FOR BLACK AMERICA THAN ANY PRESIDENT OTHER THAN LINCOLN

“For decades, Democrat politicians like Joe Biden have taken Black voters for granted. They made you big promises before every election—and then the moment they got to Washington, they abandoned you and sold you out,” the president is expected to say Friday, according to remarks exclusively obtained by Fox News. “The Democrats will always take Black voters for granted until large numbers of Black Americans vote Republican.”

The president is expected to tout the plan as “a bold vision that we can and will achieve over the next four years.”

The president’s plan, according to the campaign, will increase access to capital in Black communities by almost $500 billion, help to create 500,000 new Black-owned businesses, and help to create 3 million new jobs for the Black community.

Fox News obtained a copy of the "Platinum Plan." It states that it will “prosecute the KKK and ANTIFA as terrorist organizations and make lynching a national hate crime.”

The president’s plan also vows to make Juneteenth a national holiday.

Meanwhile, the president is also expected to commit to working on a “Second Step Act,” and provide access to better jobs and training opportunities for those in Black communities.

The Platinum Plan also pledges to give Black churches the ability to compete for federal resources for their communities; bring better and tailored healthcare to address what the campaign called “historic disparities,” and advance home ownership opportunities and enhance financial literacy in Black communities.

As for educational opportunities, the president is expected to vow, in federal, state and local community partnerships to “close failing schools” to replace with “full school choice and education opportunity,” while continuing to protect Historically Black Colleges & Universities.

RNC SAYS TRUMP'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN BLACK COMMUNITIES BOOSTING VOTER CONFIDENCE

The president is also expected to pledge to increase the amount of Pell grants and allow for vocational employment and advance targeted apprenticeship and job training programs.

Trump is expected to slam his Democratic opponent Joe Biden, saying that the former vice president “is offering Black Americans nothing but the same, tired, empty slogans.”

“I stand here to offer you solutions,” Trump is expected to say, while adding that “no one in Washington politics today has done more to hurt Black Americans than Joe Biden.”

The president is also expected to vow to increase public safety in Black communities.

“Instead of fighting for public safety for these communities, the Democrats are attacking our police and empowering far-left rioters, looters, and anarchists,” Trump is expected to say. “In the Republican Party, we believe in protecting ALL black lives – including the unborn.”

He is expected to add that Republicans "believe that every child, of every race – born and unborn – is made in the Holy image of God. Republicans believe that all human life is sacred.”

“At no time before has there been a clearer choice between two parties, two visions, two philosophies, and two agendas for the future,” Trump will say.

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Early voting is open so here come all the leftists.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/new-m...d-us-despite-threat-of-coronavirus-detentions

Migrant caravan of 2,000 Hondurans heading to US despite COVID-19 threat

The group crossed the border pushing past outnumbered Guatemalan police and soldiers

Greg Norman1 hour ago
Fox News Flash top headlines for October 2Video
A migrant caravan of about 2,000 Hondurans is now passing though Guatemala in hopes of reaching the U.S.-Mexico border, despite the risks posed by the coronavirus pandemic and threats from the country’s president to “detain all those who entered illegally.”

The group comprises mostly young men, although there are a few small children being pushed in strollers, the Associated Press reported.

"The order has been given to detain all those who entered illegally, and return them to the border of their country," Guatemalan President Alejandro Giammattei said in a broadcast address to the nation on Thursday. “We will not allow any foreigner who has used illegal means to enter the country, to think that they have the right to come and infect us and put us at serious risk.”

Migrants cross the border from Corinto, Honduras, into Corinto, Guatemala, on Thursday. (AP)
Migrants cross the border from Corinto, Honduras, into Corinto, Guatemala, on Thursday. (AP)
ICE PLANNING IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT OPERATIONS IN SANCTUARY CITIES

Authorities had planned to register the migrants as they crossed earlier Thursday and offer assistance to those willing to turn back, but the group crossed the border at Corinto without registering, pushing past outnumbered Guatemalan police and soldiers who made little attempt to stop them.

However, Giammattei has issued an order that would suspend some constitutional rights in the provinces they were expected to pass through, apparently in order to facilitate detaining them.

Within hours of the border crossing, Guatemalan authorities reported the first migrant death. A person tried to climb aboard a moving flatbed trailer, but fell under its wheels. Authorities did not immediately provide any additional details.

Many of the migrants didn't make it far into Guatemala before having to stop last night. By mid-afternoon the migrants had strung out in small groups for miles along a highway, as some caught rides and others walked under the hot sun.

Migrants get a free ride from a trucker toward the Guatemalan border after leaving San Pedro Sula, Honduras. (AP)
Migrants get a free ride from a trucker toward the Guatemalan border after leaving San Pedro Sula, Honduras. (AP)
In one group were four teenagers, all friends and neighbors from San Pedro Sula, from which hundreds of migrants had set out the previous night. The teens decided to leave after seeing others organize on Facebook.

11 SUSPECTS CHARGED IN MARRIAGE FRAUD SCHEME INVOLVING IMMIGRANTS, US ARMY SOLDIERS

The youngest, 15-year-old Josty Morales, told the Associated Press he wanted to live the “American dream” and was looking for a way to support his 6-month-old son at home.

“There’s no work," he said. "The necessity strangles you."

The odds of a large migrant caravan reaching the U.S. border, already low, have grown increasingly slim over the past year. Under pressure from the United States, Mexico deployed its National Guard and more immigration agents to break up attempted caravans last year.

At the Honduras-Guatemala border, the migrants pushed past outnumbered Guatemalan police and soldiers who made little attempt to stop them. (AP)
At the Honduras-Guatemala border, the migrants pushed past outnumbered Guatemalan police and soldiers who made little attempt to stop them. (AP)
Mexico’s immigration agency said this week in a statement that it would enforce “safe, orderly and legal” migration and not do anything to promote the formation of a caravan. The U.S. Embassy in Honduras said on Twitter Wednesday that migration to the U.S. was more difficult than ever right now -- and more dangerous because of the coronavirus.

Christian Martínez, a 19-year-old attempting the journey, saw leaving as a way out when few other options were apparent in Honduras.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“If we stay, what is left for us is to become criminals because there’s no way to survive,” he said.

Already halfway to Guatemala City, Martínez and his companions had advanced on foot and with the occasional ride. They said they all carried masks but weren’t worried about the pandemic.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

spacecrime

Reaction score
Early voting is open so here come all the leftists.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/new-m...d-us-despite-threat-of-coronavirus-detentions

Migrant caravan of 2,000 Hondurans heading to US .....

Can't tell if you are saying they are coming to vote. If you are, then I have to say they are actually Repubicans:
They said they all carried masks but weren’t worried about the pandemic.

Joking aside, I think voting is the last thing on their minds. Life is shit in Honduras right now, people are starving. Nicaragua and El Salvador are so bad people going leaving to go to Honduras.

I feel badly for them. Desperate folks wanting to come to the USA to make money to send home to wives and kids. If I lived there and my son was starving I might try the same thing. That said, they're not being smart. People can sneak across in small numbers but 2000 or 4000 or however many there are are not going to be dog-paddling across the Rio Grande.

spacecrime

Reaction score
You want to go on board for full fair share talk to me about a 6-10% flat tax across the board. Then I’m all ears.

First of all, it's NFL-KNOW, so there's that, but a flat tax across the board is a great idea. You don't earn much, you don't pay much. You earn a lot more money, you pay a lot more tax. Simplify the tax structure, close the loopholes and the country's finances will turn around.

It's such a good idea it'll never happen

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
First of all, it's NFL-KNOW, so there's that, but a flat tax across the board is a great idea. You don't earn much, you don't pay much. You earn a lot more money, you pay a lot more tax. Simplify the tax structure, close the loopholes and the country's finances will turn around.

It's such a good idea it'll never happen

I’d like someone much better versed in tax law and structure to explain why it never gets traction.

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Can't tell if you are saying they are coming to vote. If you are, then I have to say they are actually Repubicans:

Joking aside, I think voting is the last thing on their minds. Life is shit in Honduras right now, people are starving. Nicaragua and El Salvador are so bad people going leaving to go to Honduras.

I feel badly for them. Desperate folks wanting to come to the USA to make money to send home to wives and kids. If I lived there and my son was starving I might try the same thing. That said, they're not being smart. People can sneak across in small numbers but 2000 or 4000 or however many there are are not going to be dog-paddling across the Rio Grande.

The joke was theres illegals here voting already. Right next to all the dead people voting.