The 2021 Draft- We Need This One

1609374419278.png

With some shuffling Pats could end up with a pick as high as 10 if Broncos, Cowboys, Chargers, Vikings all lose

My hope is to land stafford somehow and draft pitts . Sign a good WR in free agency and load up on defense. Some much needed but I know they can turn it around with a few new players. I think we have some very good going talent on defense and if we can get a #1 reciver then that would only help myers and harry. And who knows maybe jules gives it 1 more season

I'd be happy with either Mac Jones or Kyle Trask although right now I'm liking Trask a bit more since he's done more with less and his int rate is crazy good.
They're a lot alike in many ways - both served as backups for most of their college careers, both were patient and played very well when their name was called, both were thought of as game managers until they became game changers in their biggest games. Neither has a huge arm but both have been tutored well & know how to get the job done from the years they spent as backups. Intangibles are very good with both - intelligence, discipline, persistence, patience, dedication, desire and work ethic. Both have had great coaching.
Both may be available for the Pats at 14.
Rough start for Trask in the Cotton Bowl. Three 1st quarter ints one being a pick 6.

Florida was spent at the end of the game. But look at his stats. He outperformed Mac Jones with fewer weapons. Both players performed great, though and either would fit the Pats very well imo.
UF got crushed tonight but they were missing a bunch of key players. I'm not a big Trask fan but I wouldn't hold tonight's performance against him.

UF got crushed tonight but they were missing a bunch of key players. I'm not a big Trask fan but I wouldn't hold tonight's performance against him.
A bunch of players opted out "to get ready for the draft", ie. "No way I'm getting hurt in this game and jeopardizing my NFL career".

Rough start for Trask in the Cotton Bowl. Three 1st quarter ints one being a pick 6.
He only had 5 all year, lol. It seems many Florida players didn't want to be in that game.

Mahomes is being rested for their last game which means the Chargers have a chance to beat them.
If they do and the Pats lose the Pats will jump up a spot in the draft.

I made the mistake of watching one of the NESN Patriots shows on Tuesday and it was pretty good for a laugh.

DJ Bean, who I don't like much, claimed (with a straight face) that Miami regrets drafting Tua and would be willing to trade him to us for our 1st pick. Regardless of how you view the kid's future, that is a beautiful example of the kind of whackiness that we are going to be hearing in the search for a new QB1 and the draft will just be part of that.

Look around the league and it's not hard to find 10 or more guys that will be tied to us at one point or another, but since this is not a free agent thread I'll mention that I believe that Bill knows that he needs to nail this draft and not dick around with guys that hardly play for a few years and then fizzle out.

Maybe, just maybe he'll reconsider some of the classic tendencies that have led us into the current situation. Not every guy needs to be an Eagle Scout whose coach loved them like a son. There are plenty of immature miscreants in College ball that are able to avoid major issues when the money starts coming in. Guys that can line up and make actual plays. We need more of them.

Bill is pretty adept at moving around and adding value to our drafts, but that only works if you hit on the picks. Do that too. We don't need to panic exactly, but we need players next season and not guys that might be players with 3 years of development, like JoeJuan Williams and a cast of dozens of others I could name.

I don't expect he'll change his philosophy even the slightest, but I'm hopeful that he might be considering it. We shall see.

The Pats are at 14th in the draft. But...
If the Pats lose today and Denver, Dallas, LAChargers, Minnesota, and Washington all win, the Pats would jump to the 10th draft spot.
If some win and some lose the Pats could wind up with the 11th, 12th or 13th pick.

I don't think the Jete will draft a QB early with Darnold playing pretty well and so many other needs they have. I also find it interesting that so many people are saying the 9ers
need to draft a QB. Are the Giants moving away from Jones and Jerrah from Dak. Doesn't seem likely to me.

View: https://twitter.com/NFLDraftMD/status/1345380331562692608

Happy New year every one. I hope you had a great Holiday season and I hope you are all safe and healthy. Long time no talk, now down to business..lol

I like the kid from Cincinatti, Desmond Ridder. He keeps his eyes down field and he is a dangerous runner as well, he can also extend plays with his legs. He tends to look for the homerun instead of looking to take what the defense gives him. Which could translate into some stupid throws especially at the pro level. But I do think if he can be coached properly, he could be a very solid QB.

I think if we can find a couple of WR's in the draft that are burners, I am looking at Kadarius Toney from Florida and Rondale Moore from Perdue. Both of them are burners and will undress a defender with their juke moves. Moore in particular, he's only 5-9 180 lbs, but the kid squats 600 lbs, his thighs are like tree trunks trying to tackle him is like trying to tackle a fire hydrant, his low center of gravity makes him difficult to take down. Toney is also nubby (5-9 180) but he'll break a defenders ankles with his moves he may not be as strong as Moore but trying to get a hold of Toney to actually is the bigger problem. Both could provide much needed speed and gain separation quickly, I hope anyway.

Asiasi and Keene we didn't get to see much of, so the jury is still out on them. But the kid from Penn State, Pat "Baby Gronk" Freiermuth TE 6-5 260 hails from Massachusetts, his dream is to play for the Patriots and by all accounts could be a star in the NFL. He has a massive catch radius, runs solid routes and he is a good (not great) blocker. But he could be used to chip defenders on his routes.

I don't know how true the rumors are of D-Mac retiring but if the rumors are true we will need to groom a replacement, which is more difficult than it sounds. I do like the kid from Georgia though, Richard LeCounte III. The kid is a beast, the one area he needs the most work though is wrapping up when he tackles.Or we could try and experiment with a player we already have on the roster. Joejuan Williams, maybe try him at FS and see if the game slows down for him a bit.

Back