The 2021 Draft- We Need This One

BB knows who might draft a QB ahead of him in the upcoming draft.
Right now it's only the JETE, Jaguars and possibly the Giants although Daniel Jones is better than most people think. He needs some fine tuning but he should be given more time. I feel that way about Darnold, too.
Bottom line: BB should be able to get a QB in the 2021 draft. Choose wisely.

View: https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/1325062278207709184

Last edited:
I'm sure that's true and he'd be my pick, truth be told.
But there are excellent alternative choices for teams who want multi-talented guys who aren't just pocket passes.
Zach Wilson is a hyper-accurate passer from the pocket and on the move + he can run with the rock.

Edit: I love this player but Mike Renner should know he's not a QB

9. New England PatriotsWR Ja’Marr Chase, LSU

Last edited:
I'm sure that's true and he'd be my pick, truth be told.
But there are excellent alternative choices for teams who want multi-talented guys who aren't just pocket passes.
Zach Wilson is a hyper-accurate passer from the pocket and on the move + he can run with the rock.

Edit: I love this player but Mike Renner should know he's not a QB

9. New England PatriotsWR Ja’Marr Chase, LSU

BB has to nail the QB pick...

I know the QBs will get all the attention, but there is one guy I've been watching for the last 3 seasons and he's been pro ready for years.

Creed Humphrey is the Center for Oklahoma and his biggest problem now is boredom. When they pass block nobody goes anywhere near him anymore and he's got to look around for somebody to clean up on. Andrews is good, but if we took this guy nobody should complain. He's going to be a rock for a decade.

I know the QBs will get all the attention, but there is one guy I've been watching for the last 3 seasons and he's been pro ready for years.

Creed Humphrey is the Center for Oklahoma and his biggest problem now is boredom. When they pass block nobody goes anywhere near him anymore and he's got to look around for somebody to clean up on. Andrews is good, but if we took this guy nobody should complain. He's going to be a rock for a decade.
It's likely that BB signs a QB in the offseason.
If he does, the Pats' biggest need right now for me is another VW. MLB comes in 2nd unless Hightower comes back.
I can find a WR who can play in almost every round or as an UDFA. For a star, though, give me a pick in the 1st.

My plan for the offseason as of now:
-Sign Allen Robinson, Curtis Samuel, and Jonnu Smith in FA
-Sign a FA bridge QB & draft a QB in the 1st round
If those work out, I'm feeling pretty good.

My plan for the offseason as of now:
-Sign Allen Robinson, Curtis Samuel, and Jonnu Smith in FA
-Sign a FA bridge QB & draft a QB in the 1st round
If those work out, I'm feeling pretty good.
The first 3 are a mile better than what we have now, that's for sure.

Jonnu's getting more expensive by the week. I think he's up to 6 TDs now. He took a little while to develop, but he's really coming into his own.

I'd take Jimmy G., Nick Mullens or Gardner Minshew as bridges. I think all have shown talent, all have had their ups, downs and thrown bad picks and, more importantly, all have yet to achieve their full potential.

I've never heard anybody connect Minshew to the Pats, but you have to know that Bill knows his backstory and just might like it a lot. Shorten up on that guys leash a bit and you just might have a winner. The Jags could be in position to take a top guy, so.....maybe.

The Pats highest ranked Receiver grades right now per PFF are sickening:

Meyers - 3rd (89.4)
JE11 - 79th (69.2)
Harry - 89th (67.1)
Byrd - 116th (63.2)
Ford - 117th (63.1)

Zuber and Olzewski don't qualify yet. They'd rank 77th if they had enough catches.

Plenty of QBs for BB to choose from and there's no clear consensus of who is number 1.
This is a good year to pick a QB but choose wisely, please.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1328455302300233730

I watched Rattler earlier in the season and he had a very erratic day. Not impressive at all. I find it hard to believe that PFF has him graded over Princess Trevor. He must have improved one hell of a lot since that day.

I maintain that the issue with Lawrence that I am most interested in as he goes through the draft gauntlet is what goes on between his ears.

Not that we'll have a shot at him, but if we did, I find myself wondering whether Bill would be as psyched up to coach him as all the fans would expect.

The best way I can describe it is that he is the Golden Boy of all Golden Boys and I've seen him pitch some hissy fits when he didn't get his way. Something tells me that he's very accustomed to doing whatever he feels like doing and no College player is invincible. The Hooded One seems to prefer people that have had to overcome significant issues of one sort or another and the Princess doesn't fit that profile too well. Physically, he's the best I've ever seen and he is definitely very competitive, but I wouldn't call him a lock for the HOF at this point.

Back