The 2021 Draft- We Need This One

My fam down there who are Bama Boosters tell me Mac Jones is a student of the game and studies the playbook constantly. He's also in the film room with his WRs prior to every game discussing how they want to attack a defense on each play in the game plan with lots of "if, then" kind of stuff. That's heady even for the NFL.

Interesting... sounds like something BB would absolutely love in a starting QB.

Last edited:
If I'm BB...I get QB in the 1st. No hesitation. Just do it. Jones...or, Wilson if he slides...most likely not, but, Rodgers slid. He might be an asshole, but, he way good.

Mac Jones seems pretty gettable for where the Pats are picking. BB seems to like, or at least respect Saban. I think they are close enough to have an honest conversation about the guy, and I think he’s gonna get a good report.
So I guess I think there’s a pretty good chance he’s the next Patriots QB.

I’m tentatively happy about it. We need to be realistic about where we are in the draft, and trading up probably isn’t worth it. I’m hoping Mac falls to us, assuming the other guys go first.
I get the knock on Alabama players. Especially their QBs. I get it. From what it sounds like though listening to interviews, saban seems to have put more emphasis on recruiting that position the past few years. The guy definitely knows what its like to prepare for, play, and win a big game.
But who knows. The Patriots need a QB and I’m trying to be optimistic about reasonable options.

Waddle does Fit BB type of WR. Small & Quick can he be a X WR. Grasp the playbook which Rookie WRs has seriously struggled.

Last edited:
Patriots coaches Troy Brown and DeMarcus Covington will coach at the 2021 East-West Shrine Bowl, perhaps as a response to the above post. Although the game has been cancelled, they will have a chance to work with the players and put them through drills.
Perfect pair of coaches to evaluate the talent there:
Troy Brown for RBs and WRs
Covington for DL and LBs

Happy to see this!

Back