The 2021 Draft- We Need This One

Devonta Smith is hella good as this thread by Lazar shows. Waddle (injured most of the year) is just as good and both are better than Ruggs or Jeudy from last year.
This is a really good thread if you want to learn about what makes a good WR.
Excellent posts. Lazar is good, as usual, in explaining the little things that separate the great ones and Smith, in particular, was a great college WR.

I don't know how much his weight and skinny legs and frame will affect his draft status, but if he dropped far enough and I had a change to draft him
(assuming there are no QBs worth taking) I wouldn't blink. I'd run to put the card in. Not sure about Waddle at 15, but I want him.

There have been tons of smallish WRs that couldn't get off the line versus pro press coverage, but I highly doubt that Smith is going to be one
of them. I can't think of a more advanced, polished guy coming into this league at that position.

Probably just me but I would be careful about Jones. Again, I know arm strength isn’t everything but Jones has average arm strength at best & the AFC East are all outdoor stadiums & with the exception of Miami they can get some pretty dicey weather & winds. I just think you need a qb that can rip it & I’m not sure that guy is Jones. Throwing a nice deep ball & having zip are two different things.

Probably just me but I would be careful about Jones. Again, I know arm strength isn’t everything but Jones has average arm strength at best & the AFC East are all outdoor stadiums & with the exception of Miami they can get some pretty dicey weather & winds. I just think you need a qb that can rip it & I’m not sure that guy is Jones. Throwing a nice deep ball & having zip are two different things.
He's a pretty smart guy who is known for studying the play book during his time off. He and his WRs/TEs/RBs would meet up to go over the game plan plays to discuss the best way to attack each opponent. "If, Then" kind of stuff. That's Brady-like which may appeal to BB quite a bit.

Another thing about Mac is he's always been about 10-20 lbs overweight, even in HS and hates working out. I don't know about pliability...;)
ElI_yxbX0AASBbQ

An

Is Mac jones a product of great weapons around him. You really didn't see him make many tight throws in coverage . We have seen many Bama QB have great College Careers. Average or bust once they got into NFL.

He's a pretty smart guy who is known for studying the play book during his time off. He and his WRs/TEs/RBs would meet up to go over the game plan plays to discuss the best way to attack each opponent. "If, Then" kind of stuff. That's Brady-like which may appeal to BB quite a bit.

Another thing about Mac is he's always been about 10-20 lbs overweight, even in HS and hates working out. I don't know about pliability...;)
ElI_yxbX0AASBbQ

An
ooofff..every time i see a plump qb i think of THE BEN and his 94 chins

What about the QB from Georgia? Jamie Newman, from what I saw of him he can run but he is a pretty decent passer as well. And he's a big kid. Probably a 3rd or 4th round pick. this would give us some room to address WR and possibly TE also. Just a thought.

What about the QB from Georgia? Jamie Newman, from what I saw of him he can run but he is a pretty decent passer as well. And he's a big kid. Probably a 3rd or 4th round pick. this would give us some room to address WR and possibly TE also. Just a thought.
I don't think he's a very good choice unless in the 4th or 5th.

Is Mac jones a product of great weapons around him. You really didn't see him make many tight throws in coverage . We have seen many Bama QB have great College Careers. Average or bust once they got into NFL.
It's possible...but, you can also say this about most any QB in college that had weapons. When I saw him play, his throws were accurate to most everyone that he threw the ball to. In other words, he is fairly accurate as a thrower. That matters.

Back