The 2021 Draft- We Need This One

"Nagy, a former Patriots scout who now runs the Senior Bowl, explained on Twitter the meticulous methods Bill Belichick and his staff would use to evaluate draft prospects each year.
Belichick and former Patriots personnel chief Scott Pioli, Nagy said, created a “very specific” grading scale aimed at projecting the role a given player would have in the third year of his Patriots career."

So Harry has to produce this year...

Last edited:
I have a feeling the "third year" thing may now be 1st or 2nd year.

I have a feeling the "third year" thing may now be 1st or 2nd year.
I think we'd all prefer that and I hope you're correct because I don't know if we have the depth to be that patient. I also don't know if Bill will think it
necessary to change anything based on one down year, but I hope he can draft 4 guys that can help soon. That doesn't sound like much to ask, but it'd
actually be a major improvement.

On the current roster I could suggest that Byron Cowart is a guy that they planned to bring along with the "3rd year" theory, but he had to play a lot more than they
would've preferred in year two due to injuries to Beau Allen and Adam Butler. And not bringing in anybody else that could, you know, play inside. Cowart got killed at times and
couldn't anchor nearly well enough, but didn't show any quit. He also flashed some considerable play-making potential and needs only a little more muscle and experience
and we might have something in him. He really got thrown to the wolves last year and I think he made progress, but he's got to make another sizable jump in year 3.

I'd call him a fairly typical Belichick draft pick. Blue chip prospect coming out of HS, didn't have nearly the college career predicted of him, but has some athletic traits
that are unusual in a big man. They used a 5th rounder (159) on him hoping to work on his technique and help him realize his early promise.

This year, I'm looking for a big rookie that can at least hold his ground inside and give us snaps right away. I see it as a need that is underrated with all the focus on QB
and WR and one of the major reasons why the defense went downhill last season. It shouldn't be too much to ask or require a premium investment.

Pro Days that should draw the Pats' interest based on positional needs: - North Dakota State, March 12 - Alabama, March 23 - Penn State, March 25 - Boston College, March 26 - Miami, March 29 - Ohio State, March 30 - Florida, March 31

summary.jpg

Consistent each year
lawrence.jpg

1 great year
wilson.jpg

Pretty darn consistent - Jr yr only played 8 games
fields.jpg

1 reasonably good year. He could be the most overrated of the QBs in this draft. Gamble on that 1 year?
lance.jpg

More Friday.

For a little context, as a general rule, the completion % of college QBs drops by 8-10% for his 1st 2 years in the NFL if given the opportunity to play.
It's something NFL GMs and HCs expect will happen.

"Nagy, a former Patriots scout who now runs the Senior Bowl, explained on Twitter the meticulous methods Bill Belichick and his staff would use to evaluate draft prospects each year.
Belichick and former Patriots personnel chief Scott Pioli, Nagy said, created a “very specific” grading scale aimed at projecting the role a given player would have in the third year of his Patriots career."

So Harry has to produce this year...
Is he related to Duh Bears HC?

Back