The 2021 Draft- We Need This One

I'm not entirely sold on USC QB's as pros. but why not try and work a deal with the Jests for Darnold. He's still young, not completely damaged goods yet?

I don't think Darnold is our answer. The only QB in the league ranked worse last year was Dwayne Haskins.
No doubt, he'll be better without Gase but I look at his stats and see 'really really bad'.

I don't think Darnold is our answer. The only QB in the league ranked worse last year was Dwayne Haskins.
No doubt, he'll be better without Gase but I look at his stats and see 'really really bad'.
Could part of that be coaching as well? I mean he is on a terrible team with terrible coaching as well. Just more playing devils advocate here tbh. I would prefer we draft someone, but I kind of like Darnold and I am curious what he would be like if he had better coaching and a better supporting cast around him.

Agreed, I am trying to guess what direction we go in but tbh, knowing Belichick, he'll trade the 15th pick for 2 seconds a third and a fifth and a 1st next year. lol
I don't see that happening...it's lining up like he will trade up for a QB...why did BB sign so many free agents to fill many of the holes otherwise? BB has other holes to fill, but, QB is a MUST NEED. I would agree that BB can trade lower picks for the future...

I don't see that happening...it's lining up like he will trade up for a QB...why did BB sign so many free agents to fill many of the holes otherwise? BB has other holes to fill, but, QB is a MUST NEED. I would agree that BB can trade lower picks for the future...
I was definitely kidding, however, if all his QB options are gone before our pick (not likely) I do see him maybe trading back into the 20's to get BPA but not reach.

Because the team was very weak in a number of areas, so they used FA (and the amount of CAP they had available) to fill as many holes as possible with veterans that they have some idea of how they will preform on the NFL level. That leaves them more flexibility to take advantages of opportunities in the draft, whether it is trading up/back/or staying put. BB doesn't want to rely on rookies unless he has to, and generally has made picks with the purpose of filling a hole a season or two down the road.

Because the team was very weak in a number of areas, so they used FA (and the amount of CAP they had available) to fill as many holes as possible with veterans that they have some idea of how they will preform on the NFL level. That leaves them more flexibility to take advantages of opportunities in the draft, whether it is trading up/back/or staying put. BB doesn't want to rely on rookies unless he has to, and generally has made picks with the purpose of filling a hole a season or two down the road.
Yes...like my mock drafts. :coffee:

Yes...like my mock drafts. :coffee:
I'm glad you are having fun with those, but the trade system they are using is seriously flawed...trading for 4 with a '23 1st and a '21 2nd....that GM would lose their job, that is dropping 42 picks for something that is worth as much as a mid 3rd rounder.

Plus, if they traded up that high for Lance I would have to start drinking heavily.

I'm glad you are having fun with those, but the trade system they are using is seriously flawed...trading for 4 with a '23 1st and a '21 2nd....that GM would lose their job, that is dropping 42 picks for something that is worth as much as a mid 3rd rounder.

Plus, if they traded up that high for Lance I would have to start drinking heavily.
Plus, the last dude you picked has ED. :coffee:

Lol...I know. It's fun to make these though.

I'm surprised that da Bears GM wasn't booted for missing out on Kermit or Desexy Watson... :coffee:

...and drinking heavily isn't that bad...

Back