The 2021 Draft- We Need This One

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Pats go defense or OL 1st then pick Mills or Mond in 3-4th round. It seems the prices are really steep to get one of the popular QBs.
Pretty depressing. But I don't want to trade up if we don't like Lance or Fields enough but man, it sure looks like Cam will be our starter for the season. I don't see Mills or Mond playing at all this season.

Pretty depressing. But I don't want to trade up if we don't like Lance or Fields enough but man, it sure looks like Cam will be our starter for the season. I don't see Mills or Mond playing at all this season.

Cam was going to be the starter from the getgo unless Stidham suddenly shows why he's being kept around. The rookies will be development projects which would take time to be groomed, which means playing their first season was highly unlikely.

Cam was going to be the starter from the getgo unless Stidham suddenly shows why he's being kept around. The rookies will be development projects which would take time to be groomed, which means playing their first season was highly unlikely.
I know. That was not going to be the case if we traded up and got one of the top QBs. There was a chance he could have played at some point this season depending on his ability to grasp the offense.

The more I think about it, I really wish we tanked the games to the Jets. Being in the top 10 this year was critical with the amount of QBs available.

I know. That was not going to be the case if we traded up and got one of the top QBs. There was a chance he could have played at some point this season depending on his ability to grasp the offense.

The more I think about it, I really wish we tanked the games to the Jets. Being in the top 10 this year was critical with the amount of QBs available.

Tanking isn't the equivalent of success. If that were the case the Jets/Falcons/Lions/Browns would be world beaters. The Browns have a great collection of talent, but it took them years to pull it together.

There's no guarantee these rookies will pan out, either. In fact looking back at a QB rich draft that was 2011 similar to this one:

Cam went 1st
Jake Locker went 8th
Blaine Gabbert went 10th
Chistian Ponder went 12th

Of those QBs, only Cam fulfilled his potential and looked like a 1st overall pick. The rest were either out of the NFL or in Gabbert's case, he became a career back up.

Then we got Andy Dalton who went in the second round, who had way more success than any of the mentioned QBs. There was Colin Kaepernick, who also had more success than the above mentioned albeit for a short time.

Hell, even Tyrod Taylor who was drafted in the 6th round had a much better career than three of those four 1st rounders. So yeah, picking a QB in the first round doesn't mean they'll pan out.

Tanking isn't the equivalent of success. If that were the case the Jets/Falcons/Lions/Browns would be world beaters. The Browns have a great collection of talent, but it took them years to pull it together.

There's no guarantee these rookies will pan out, either. In fact looking back at a QB rich draft that was 2011 similar to this one:

Cam went 1st
Jake Locker went 8th
Blaine Gabbert went 10th

Of those QBs, only Cam fulfilled his potential and looked like a 1st overall pick. The rest were either out of the NFL or in Gabbert's case, he became a career back up.

Then we got Andy Dalton who went in the second round, who had way more success than any of the mentioned QBs. There was Colin Kaepernick, who also had more success than the above mentioned albeit for a short time.

Hell, even Tyrod Taylor who was drafted in the 6th round had a much better career than three of those four 1st rounders. So yeah, picking a QB in the first round doesn't mean they'll pan out.
I wasn't saying it was the equivalent of success but it gives you better odds at finding the "next guy." Every draft pick is a crap shoot but the scouts, Bill, the coaches are all paid to make these decisions with the QB being the most critical of all. The chances of this rebuild being a long one vs a short one rests on the QB position. I think we all know that. So another season of Cam sets us back because we still don't have the guy. The chances of a 3rd or 4th round pick being a quality starter are drastically low as opposed to a QB picked in the top 10-15. I a not saying that it never happens as you have good starters like Prescott, Cousins and Wilson picked in those rounds but they are the aberration. Most of your top QBs in the league currently are first round, top 15 selections. That is where the talent is found for the most critical position on the team.

Going 7-9 put us in no man's land at pick 15. Too costly to trade up so here we are looking at the later rounds. It's a tough spot and makes me think we are in for a longer rebuild to get back to contender status.

That all being said I like Mond. LOL

Cam went 1st
Jake Locker went 8th
Blaine Gabbert went 10th

Locker retired early on purpose. Ponder too...

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Pats go defense or OL 1st then pick Mills or Mond in 3-4th round. It seems the prices are really steep to get one of the popular QBs.

Well, we need an OT since Wynn's contract is up after this year and TBrown is on a 1 year deal.
We need LB and CB if Hightower and Gilmore are gone after this year.
So, yeah, I can see OT, LB or CB.
That gives BB another year to figure out QB without reaching if all 5 QBs are gone by the 10th pick.

I don't believe in tanking in general but when we were eliminated from playoff contention in early December, there was no reason to try to win games at that point. Put Stidham in and see what you got.

I don't believe in tanking in general but when we were eliminated from playoff contention in early December, there was no reason to try to win games at that point. Put Stidham in and see what you got.
BB should have never signed sCam...but, it doesn't matter now. Way too late for that.

Last edited:
Locker maybe. Ponder was statistically terrible. He only had a decent record because of Adrian Peterson.
Ponder got married to a hot blonde that worked for BSPN...I doubt he cares about football these days. He got paid very well when he was in the NFL.

Ponder got married to a hot blonde that worked for BSPN...I doubt he cares about football these days. He got paid very well when he was in the NFL.

Yeah, he did just fine. $15M career earnings for him. His wife, Samantha, makes $5M a year at espn. They have 3 kids

'Oh, good. Nike's gone to bed and I can finally get some work done.'

EyeuUfhVcAAdDAB

Back