The 2021 Draft- We Need This One

I do think now it's going to be Jimmy. There appears to be no market for him so maybe we get him for our 2 or a 3 with a contingency that it could become a 2 if he starts a certain number of games. I would also assume Jimmy will restructure as he wants to continue to be a starter and we give him the best op for that.

Bridgewater went for a 6th. No way in hell BB offers nothing more than a 5th if, and only if the Pats are actually interested. Luckily it seems that isn't the case at all.

Proposed trade I just saw that is intriguing.

Gilmore to the Cowboys straight up for #10 Overall.

I'm in the "don't trade Gilmore" camp, but straight up for the 10th overall pick would change my mind. If all went well, his replacement could be available at 15.

PFF never listed that mammoth Minnesota Golden Gopher oline guy (Daniel Faalele)...and just recently added Stone Forsythe.

Wow. I forgot all about that guy. I recommend the Pats spend a 7th rounder on him even if nobody can find him. Not that he
is at all likely to be a good NFL player, but the dude would be a ton of fun to have around in camp. I watched him in 2019 and
he's a freak show and not unathletic for his size. Forsythe is huge, but I think Faalele could eat apples off his head.

View: https://youtu.be/DO4Tea_SBnI

For those of us who cannot read tweets at work, give a summary of the tweet and who was tweeter on twitter..

I feel like I'm on Let's Make a Deal and don't know what's behind door #2.

Bridgewater went for a 6th. No way in hell BB offers nothing more than a 5th if, and only if the Pats are actually interested. Luckily it seems that isn't the case at all.
Jimmy is worth more than Bridgewater who clearly was not able to come back effectively from his devastating knee injury a few years ago.
I think it will take more than a 5th. I think a conditional 3rd is probably about right because it will be based on Jimmy redoing his deal.

Jimmy is worth more than Bridgewater who clearly was not able to come back effectively from his devastating knee injury a few years ago.
I think it will take more than a 5th. I think a conditional 3rd is probably about right because it will be based on Jimmy redoing his deal.

$25M for a backup to sit on the bench? JG isn't happy right now. He isn't going to try hard knowing his days are numbered and he'll be with a new team soon.
He's already checked out of SF. If SF trades or releases him they have only a $2.8M cap hit saving them close to $23M in cap space. Any team getting him has his $25M salary as a huge bargaining chip against SF. Shanny2 screwed up by talking. I used to think he was smart but then came 28-3 and now this. The guy is real world dumb as a post.

$25M for a backup to sit on the bench? JG isn't happy right now. He isn't going to try hard knowing his days are numbered and he'll be with a new team soon.
He's already checked out of SF. If SF trades or releases him they have only a $2.8M cap hit saving them close to $23M in cap space. Any team getting him has his $25M salary as a huge bargaining chip against SF. Shanny2 screwed up by talking. I used to think he was smart but then came 28-3 and now this. The guy is real world dumb as a post.
I really have no idea what San Fran is doing from a comms standpoint. This has been a dumpster fire. They have to move Jimmy. There is no way they pay him $25 mil for this year when they are drafting at #3. They should have moved him already IMO. Take what they could have and moved on. Part of me still thinks they want to keep him but then Shanny's presser the other day. Ugh.

The only reason why I think the Pats make the best offer is because Bill wants him more than any other team. But Bill is also not going to give away the house either. I guess we will know by Sunday or then again, maybe not. LOL

I'm not familiar with the money situation vis-a-vis James G (I could look it up but money talk bores me), but based on the outlandish (read: the price of doing business for any QB with a pulse) contract he signed with SF I don't know if there is enough spare change left hidden in Belichick's couch to pay him. He might actually be better off swallowing his pride and biding his time in SF. He could always take some zoom classes with Alex Guerrero and get his pliability on.

Plus, Dale Arnold is a desperate, miserable man trying to hang on as a fading talk-show host. Should we trust that he actually has a source? He wears sweater vests and plugs weight-loss systems. We aren't talking about Adam Schefter here. All I know about Arnold (I have a source) is that IF he got lucky and the Pats did sign Jimmy then he would crow about it to anybody that would listen, which is not a big number of people.
It's funny posts like this that make me wish we still had the laughing icon.

Back