The 2021 Patriots' Preseason Camp

If his hand was bothering him even just one percent, I doubt he is out there today. He is not hurt. Those flutter balls were the norm last year and appear to be this year too. And this is with no pressure and he is throwing ducks.
SSDD on Cam. Don't read too much into mini camps. Hoyer was the performed the best according to reports 😂

SSDD on Cam. Don't read too much into mini camps. Hoyer was the performed the best according to reports 😂
I am not reading too much. I am just watching his technique and the way the ball is coming out of his hands. It looks awful. Same as last year. Maybe his hand is bothering him but I can't imagine Bill playing him if he was hurt even a little.

Steady Stidham

So far, if there is a battle, it’s been tight between the four quarterbacks through four open OTAs and minicamp sessions. Newton is 16-of-27 (59.3 percent) in somewhat limited team reps. He missed one practice and stopped throwing early in another session because of a hand injury. Jones is 29-of-42 (69 percent) while alternating between No. 2 and 3 QB duties and relying on check downs. Stidham is 34-of-46 (73.9 percent) and has probably been the Patriots’ most consistently solid option so far this spring. Veteran Brian Hoyer is 22-of-34 (64.7 percent) with an interception.

View: https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1404531156347916291

Stidham seemed confident in his presser.

"My goal is to be the quarterback here and to start football games for a really long time in this league,” Stidham declared. “The mindset of that has never changed and never will change. But I’m going to continue to work as hard as I possibly can to improve and continue to do what I need to do in order to get better and to help this team.”
I like that attitude, good stuff from Stid, if he's the best QB in camp then Bill will start him, it's that simple.

Slates had a word with Journalists on Jules yesterday.

"First of all, I think you guys all know covering Julian and I over the last 12 years or so, how much I love him as a brother, as a friend, what he means to my family," said Slater after the opening practice of minicamp on Monday. "I'm so proud of him in everything that he's accomplished in his great career here. I think he's one of the all-time great Patriots. He means the world to me and his friendship is something that I value above all things. I hope that Patriots Nation continues to celebrate him and look back on his career with fondness and gratitude because he gave us a lot of great memories in a Patriots uniform."
It's hard not to miss seeing no. 11 on the practice field over the last few weeks of OTAs, with his tattered yellow Kent State undershirt sticking out from his jersey as he warmed up hidden among the offensive lineman.
"He was so unique, his DNA was one of one," said Slater. "The toughness, the intensity, the ability to compete at a high level when the game was on the line... I mean, I've never seen anything like it."

There's probably a very good chance that Gilmore will be gone. He's pushing to re-do the contract and I can't see Bill paying him what he's after or close to it.

"deserve" for bb means something a little different methinks. bb="i'm sure he has 3-4 high level years left"*rest of nfl="he just had a couple awesome years though he is past 30 and plays a very athletic position"😁

"deserve" for bb means something a little different methinks. bb="i'm sure he has 3-4 high level years left"*rest of nfl="he just had a couple awesome years though he is past 30 and plays a very athletic position"😁
To quote a known thief and murderer, a man of notoriously vicious and intemperate disposition: "Deserves got nothing to do with it".

Bill really should have traded Gilmore last year for whatever he could if he is not planning on extending him. I really do want Bill to give him the third contract but if we do have to move him, we are not going to get much right now on the market.

No Jonnu Smith interview since he's injured and didn't practice.

Back