The 2021 Patriots' Preseason Camp

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
E1oNIyPUYAEECh-

Let's Goooooo!
Organized Team Activities (OTAs): May 24-25, 27 and June 1, 3-4, 7-8, 10-11

Mandatory minicamp: June 15-17

View: https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/1390307240003973122

“He puts the ball in places and throws passes better than probably – this is a bold statement – anybody I’ve ever seen live. It’s amazing to watch.”

View: https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNFL/status/1394435563026067456

“They got a special kid,” Holmes said. “They got a diamond.”

Any news on how Jones looks?

We signed Hoyer. Seems strange to me. Is this a referendum on Cam?

We signed Hoyer. Seems strange to me. Is this a referendum on Cam?
Only if you are hearing nee-nee nee-nee nee-nee nee-nee music and Rod Serling saying, "You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!"

Edit: Seriously, I don't think it says anything about Cam, that Belichick thinks that Cam might not the starter, or that Cam in any way in danger of being eclipsed by Hoyer.

Someone (Hawg?) had some good thoughts, and here's a Pats Pulpit article with some more ideas:

Last edited:

So, I keep seeing mention of Hightower maybe retiring and I have no idea whether that is a possibility, but, one guy that was thrown into the fire late
last season was Terez Hall and if High decides to hang it up or gets hurt, I will be watching Hall with some curiosity. If he can take a step up then I wouldn't sleep
on his chances to unseat Bentley as the defacto next man up at ILB. I'm not saying he is a 3 down player and he's not the most fluid athlete you could hope
for, but he's pretty big, pretty tough and knocked the crap out of some guys during extended playing time when he would normally be watching and learning
or on the PS. I think that might count for something in the coach's eyes who may not view opt-outs in a favorable way no matter what the rules said. I don't see
Terez listed as making the team in early roster projections that I've seen, but he at least made me want to watch more of him. He isn't a cover backer and got picked
on, which shouldn't be surprising given how raw he is, but the guy made 50 tackles in 8 games (with only 4 starts).

Updated Patriots offseason schedule:
OTAs (voluntary): May 24-June 11
Minicamp (mandatory): June 14-16
Training camp: July 28 report date, first practice July 29

Not exactly a sports news entity, but awesome to read anyway!

Patriots 'blown away' by Mac Jones at rookie minicamp: report

Coaches and teammates reportedly impressed by his leadership and skills on the field

Paulina Dedaj4 hours ago

Fox News Flash top headlines for May 19

Mac Jones surprisingly slid during the 2021 NFL Draft but the New England Patriots seem happy they were able to land the former Alabama standout, especially after watching him perform during rookie minicamp.

Jones has been "amazing" and coaches and teammates have been "blown away" by his leadership and skills on the field, a source told uSTADIUM on Sunday.

Jones had been predicted to be drafted No. 3 overall but when the San Francisco 49ers drafted Trey Lance, he slid all the way to No. 15. It didn’t seem to bother the young quarterback.

"At the end of the day, you kind of want to get the right fit. I feel like, secretly, I really wanted to go to the Patriots all along. So I'm actually really happy it happened," he said at the time.

Jones, a national champion at Alabama, will be the next quarterback to have an opportunity to become a star for the Patriots. During the 2020 season, as the starter for the Crimson Tide, Jones set an FBS record with a 77.4 completion percentage. He also led the nation with a school record 4,500 passing yards and threw for 41 touchdowns.

Jones was recognized as a first-team All-American and he won the Davey O'Brien Award as the country’s top quarterback.

Cam Newton will likely be the starter for the Patriots in Week 1 after re-signing in the offseason but if the testimonials about Jones’ performance are accurate, there’s a good chance Bill Belichick will give the rookie a chance.

Fox News’ Daniel Canova contributed to this report.

Not exactly a sports news entity, but awesome to read anyway!

Patriots 'blown away' by Mac Jones at rookie minicamp: report

Coaches and teammates reportedly impressed by his leadership and skills on the field

Paulina Dedaj4 hours ago

Fox News Flash top headlines for May 19

Mac Jones surprisingly slid during the 2021 NFL Draft but the New England Patriots seem happy they were able to land the former Alabama standout, especially after watching him perform during rookie minicamp.

Jones has been "amazing" and coaches and teammates have been "blown away" by his leadership and skills on the field, a source told uSTADIUM on Sunday.

Jones had been predicted to be drafted No. 3 overall but when the San Francisco 49ers drafted Trey Lance, he slid all the way to No. 15. It didn’t seem to bother the young quarterback.

"At the end of the day, you kind of want to get the right fit. I feel like, secretly, I really wanted to go to the Patriots all along. So I'm actually really happy it happened," he said at the time.

Jones, a national champion at Alabama, will be the next quarterback to have an opportunity to become a star for the Patriots. During the 2020 season, as the starter for the Crimson Tide, Jones set an FBS record with a 77.4 completion percentage. He also led the nation with a school record 4,500 passing yards and threw for 41 touchdowns.

Jones was recognized as a first-team All-American and he won the Davey O'Brien Award as the country’s top quarterback.

Cam Newton will likely be the starter for the Patriots in Week 1 after re-signing in the offseason but if the testimonials about Jones’ performance are accurate, there’s a good chance Bill Belichick will give the rookie a chance.

Fox News’ Daniel Canova contributed to this report.

I clicked the link and read the piece and I have my doubts that it's legit.

Not only is the source unnamed, but there are zero supporting details as to why Jones was "amazing" and everybody was "blown away". It
was rookie minicamp, although maybe Mac mastered "cleat lacing 101" faster than anybody expected.

I'm not doubting that we will read a lot of good stuff about Jones in the months to come, this article is probably just a filler piece to give
Patriots fans a little wish fulfillment. The odds are steep that the quotes were invented.

Still, I appreciate the link.

Not only is the source unnamed, but there are zero supporting details as to why Jones was "amazing" and everybody was "blown away". It
was rookie minicamp, although maybe Mac mastered "cleat lacing 101" faster than anybody expected.

I'm not doubting that we will read a lot of good stuff about Jones in the months to come, this article is probably just a filler piece to give
Patriots fans a little wish fulfillment. The odds are steep that the quotes were invented.

True? Who knows. Will I take as much positve press on Mac and the Pats as I can get? Sure.

I'd be more likely to think it was made up if it were the typical negative hit piece.

On the positive side, why would Fox News, of all the possible journos, bother with a puff piece to fluff Pats fans?

It is false but no harm/no foul.
That article on FOX came from this one tweet on twitter.

View: https://twitter.com/patriotsnews247/status/1394054270610198528

Ramos is just a guy who loves the Pats. He mostly passes along news but sometimes manufactures his own content.

TD Alabama Mag also picked up on that tweet

It is false but no harm/no foul.
That article on FOX came from this one tweet on twitter.

View: https://twitter.com/patriotsnews247/status/1394054270610198528

Ramos is just a guy who loves the Pats. He mostly passes along news but sometimes manufactures his own content.

TD Alabama Mag also picked up on that tweet

Yeah. Makes sense. Patriots have kept everything under wraps and I am sure that will continue right through TC.

Back