The 2021 Patriots' Preseason Camp

You can call it gloomy if you want but there is a reason Reiss is mentioning it. We all know that the season is lost if we don't have at least competent QB play. Newton was not a competent QB passer last year but he did give us something in the run game at least. Stidham and Hoyer were dumpster fires. With all the improvements we made to this team in the off-season and the amount of money spent, it is all for naught if we don't have something at the QB spot.

One other thing, Newton started 15 games last year and played many games with his foot bothering him and possibly his shoulder. He has not played a full season since 2017. The odds of him starting all 17 healthy are extremely low. And yet we have nothing competent behind him. How do folks give Bill a pass for this? It's that type of roster management or lack thereof that can cost us the season.
I'm gonna go with Bill knows more about that QB room than we fans do.

"We" includes you.

This years team with Stidham at QB is better than last years team with a hobbled and somewhat unprepared Newton at QB in my opinion. Actually, much better given all of the improvements made across the board. Does Bill get credit for this improvement in your eyes or no?

"We" includes you.

This years team with Stidham at QB is better than last years team with a hobbled and somewhat unprepared Newton at QB in my opinion. Actually, much better given all of the improvements made across the board. Does Bill get credit for this improvement in your eyes or no?

Bingo! We have bingo!

"We" includes you.

How can you say it is better with Stidham? Based on what exactly? Bill did not play him last year despite us being out of the playoffs. The reason given was Bill felt that Cam gave us the better chance to win despite how awful he was playing. One injury to Cam like what just happened this week and Stidham is our starter. You feel good about that?

I have said repeatedly that we had a great off-season. I have given Bill full credit for that. My point is here is he did no upgrade the QB room at all. We drafted Jones which is great but he has a lot to learn to get on the field. So we have the worst 3 Qbs again at the most critical position. That has been my whole thesis here. We will not get the full effect of the upgrades with a bucket of garbage at the QB spot.

How can you say it is better with Stidham? Based on what exactly? Bill did not play him last year despite us being out of the playoffs. The reason given was Bill felt that Cam gave us the better chance to win despite how awful he was playing. One injury to Cam like what just happened this week and Stidham is our starter. You feel good about that?

I have said repeatedly that we had a great off-season. I have given Bill full credit for that. My point is here is he did no upgrade the QB room at all. We drafted Jones which is great but he has a lot to learn to get on the field. So we have the worst 3 Qbs again at the most critical position. That has been my whole thesis here. We will not get the full effect of the upgrades with a bucket of garbage at the QB spot.
1622990491340.png

AND

If you are going to just hand wave it all and say it is the roster, then have it. You actually have to have a QB that is able to play the position to make the talent work. We didn't even see Stidham with last year's team so how could we know he would be any better with this year's team? A Qb actually has to be able to run the offense and know his checks and read the defense. Stidham has not shown the ability to do that at all and that is not me saying that, this is Bill telling you that last year when he would not play him at all when we were out of playoff contention.

Also, Reiss would not have had it as his #1 point if he thought the roster alone was the panacea for our offensive woes last year.

If you are going to just hand wave it all and say it is the roster, then have it. You actually have to have a QB that is able to play the position to make the talent work. We didn't even see Stidham with last year's team so how could we know he would be any better with this year's team? A Qb actually has to be able to run the offense and know his checks and read the defense. Stidham has not shown the ability to do that at all and that is not me saying that, this is Bill telling you that last year when he would not play him at all when we were out of playoff contention.

Also, Reiss would not have had it as his #1 point if he thought the roster alone was the panacea for our offensive woes last year.

Trent Dilfer says "hello".

Trent Dilfer says "hello".
Are you really comparing Stidham to Dilfer? Plus, it only took the greatest defensive unit in the history of football next to the 85 Bears for Dilfer to win. LOL

Mazz, FFS, a snap hasn't even been taken in regular season, we are MONTHS away from that. By all means, weeks into the regular season and the QB play stinks with whoever is under centre, then have a go. But give it a rest on the ridiculous pessimism when were barely into June for god sake.

Mazz, FFS, a snap hasn't even been taken in regular season, we are MONTHS away from that. By all means, weeks into the regular season and the QB play stinks with whoever is under centre, then have a go. But give it a rest on the ridiculous pessimism when were barely into June for god sake.
I didn't bring it up. Reiss did and it was an excellent point as Cam just got injured and we are just a few weeks away from TC.

This is the horror scenario for us as fans. Newton goes down and we are stuck with Stidham/Hoyer because Jones is not ready. This is why it is stunning on so many levels that Bill did not upgrade the QB room at all this off-season despite the media telling us for months that he would. That there was no way we would go back into the season with the same bucket of garbage we had last year. And here we are and Newton gets hurt in non contact OTAs. Oy Vey!
We get it you hate BB. This is just another opportunity to trash him. You been posting for months that you want anyone besides Newton at QB.

Are you really comparing Stidham to Dilfer? Plus, it only took the greatest defensive unit in the history of football next to the 85 Bears for Dilfer to win. LOL
I am simply pointing out to you that the QB position can be average (or worse) and still have a successful season.

Try to add some balance to how you view the TEAM rather than the ridiculously heavy weight on 1 position. The QB is important, no doubt, but so is the rest of the team. 11-5 with a QB that had never been a starter should tell you that it wasn't ALL Brady and that BB has a clue what he is doing.

This is the horror scenario for us as fans. Newton goes down and we are stuck with Stidham/Hoyer because Jones is not ready. This is why it is stunning on so many levels that Bill did not upgrade the QB room at all this off-season despite the media telling us for months that he would. That there was no way we would go back into the season with the same bucket of garbage we had last year. And here we are and Newton gets hurt in non contact OTAs. Oy Vey!

With whom?
I know you won’t answer this, because you refuse to think critically, but who else should the Patriots have signed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

With whom?
I know you won’t answer this, because you refuse to think critically, but who else should the Patriots have signed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
We should have kept Tom Brady. This is the crux of the matter for her and other fans like her. Bill cannot be forgiven because he let Tom Brady go. Tom should have finished his career here, would have kept NE winning with more SuperBowls, (they always conveniently forget the 2019 season). Bill can never be forgiven for this in their minds.

That is why they pounce on anything even remotely negative about the team. Any scintilla of something going wrong and they will blow it up. Bill gets great FA signings? He paid too much. Pats get Julio Jones? They paid too much. They get Mac Jones, the QB they wanted in the draft? Why didn't Bill get another QB in FA.. New signing to the Patriots raves about the culture at the Pats? Well they have to say that, what else are they going to say? And so on and on and on......

We should have kept Tom Brady. This is the crux of the matter for her and other fans like her. Bill cannot be forgiven because he let Tom Brady go. Tom should have finished his career here, would have kept NE winning with more SuperBowls, (they always conveniently forget the 2019 season). Bill can never be forgiven for this in their minds.

That is what they pounce on anything ever remotely negative about the team. Any scintilla of something going wrong and they will blow it up. Bill gets great FA signings? He paid too much. Pats get Julio Jones? They paid too much. They get Mac Jones, the QB they wanted in the draft? Why didn't Bill get another QB in FA.. New signing to the Patriots raves about the culture at the Pats? Well they have to say that, what else are they going to say? And so on and on and on......
This is 100% correct.

That is why they pounce on anything ever remotely negative about the team. Any scintilla of something going wrong and they will blow it up. Bill gets great FA signings? He paid too much. Pats get Julio Jones? They paid too much. They get Mac Jones, the QB they wanted in the draft? Why didn't Bill get another QB in FA.. New signing to the Patriots raves about the culture at the Pats? Well they have to say that, what else are they going to say? And so on and on and on......

Absolutely accurate and correct.

That is why they pounce on anything even remotely negative about the team. Any scintilla of something going wrong and they will blow it up. Bill gets great FA signings? He paid too much. Pats get Julio Jones? They paid too much. They get Mac Jones, the QB they wanted in the draft? Why didn't Bill get another QB in FA.. New signing to the Patriots raves about the culture at the Pats? Well they have to say that, what else are they going to say? And so on and on and on......

You just perfectly summarized the offseason with those three posters in one post.

Yeah, yeah, BB sucks and is stupid and a bad coach. You've told us about 18 zillion times. We get itl, even if you don't

Back