The 2021 Patriots' Preseason Camp

With whom?
I know you won’t answer this, because you refuse to think critically, but who else should the Patriots have signed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Last year we could have signed no one of significance because we had no room. We had pushed so much money into the future that the future finbally arrived. They wanted us to keep Brady (even as they admit that Brady wanted to leave) AND buy some weapons. Sure, no money with Brady gone yet somehow pay Brady AND buy a lot of weapons.

This year it's we spent too much on weapons.

BB surely has a plan. Just you don't know what it is doesn't mean he doesn't have one, and you wouldn't like it anyway if you knew what it was

But BB did okay. No money to compete in 2020. Use that year to pay off all the dead money. Get the beste QB you can. Then in 2021 use the money you have to buy los of weapons and draft a QB high. What wrong with that?

We have a first Round QB and you're bitching because he made a bad decsision in OTA??????

JHC!!!!!

Last year we could have signed no one of significance because we had no room. We had pushed so much money into the future that the future finbally arrived. They wanted us to keep Brady (even as they admit that Brady wanted to leave) AND buy some weapons. Sure, no money with Brady gone yet somehow pay Brady AND buy a lot of weapons.

This year it's we spent too much on weapons.

BB surely has a plan. Just you don't know what it is doesn't mean he doesn't have one, and you wouldn't like it anyway if you knew what it was

But BB did okay. No money to compete in 2020. Use that year to pay off all the dead money. Get the beste QB you can. Then in 2021 use the money you have to buy los of weapons and draft a QB high. What wrong with that?

We have a first Round QB and you're bitching because he made a bad decsision in OTA??????

JHC!!!!!

Without out question, if one looks at this process through objective eyes, Bill has taken just about every appropriate step.

I expected nothing less.

He is the GOAT after all.

We should have kept Tom Brady. This is the crux of the matter for her and other fans like her. Bill cannot be forgiven because he let Tom Brady go. Tom should have finished his career here, would have kept NE winning with more SuperBowls, (they always conveniently forget the 2019 season). Bill can never be forgiven for this in their minds.

That is why they pounce on anything even remotely negative about the team. Any scintilla of something going wrong and they will blow it up. Bill gets great FA signings? He paid too much. Pats get Julio Jones? They paid too much. They get Mac Jones, the QB they wanted in the draft? Why didn't Bill get another QB in FA.. New signing to the Patriots raves about the culture at the Pats? Well they have to say that, what else are they going to say? And so on and on and on......
Hardly. The issue was never resigning Brady but having zero succession plan at the position once Jimmy was traded. At that point Bill had to do 1 of 2 things either extend Brady or acquire/draft his successor. He did neither for 3 off seasons. This is why we are in this mess at the most critical position, praying Jones turns into something otherwise we are royally screwed.

But to your overall point with Brady, watching him win another chip in year one makes Bill look like a complete jackass for not only letting him go but for letting the roster deteriorate so bad that he went to the Bucs who gave him a bettet roster and got the chip as a result.

This is the mistake most of you make. You think it is super Brady fans that are pissed and you could not be wrong. It is that Bill let the position go to complete crap after HE said in 2014 better to be early at the position than late. So his answer in year one when Brady left him at the altar was to scrape Newton off the heap of last standing QBs with a bum shoulder. Ok, well he was capped strapped fine. He is the GM so that is why we were capped strapped but OK. Then he resigns him and Hoyer! And this was when he had a TON of cap space and a ton of draft capital and he goes and upgrades the team (fabulous!) but lets QB rot for another season while we HOPE we have something in Jones. That is WHY the fanbase has split. That is why Bill is being looked at sideways. For this to happen to a guy who was the defacto standard of excellence who had the GOAT QB is absurd and the sooner he is no longer GM and Kraft let's the other guys be brought in run the team which has already started to happen this off-season, the better.

Last edited:
Hardly. The issue was never resigning Brady but having zero succession plan at the position once Jimmy was traded. At that point Bill had to do 1 of 2 things either extend Brady or acquire/draft his successor. He did neither for 3 off seasons. This is why we are in this mess at the most critical position, praying Jones turns into something otherwise we are royally screwed.

But to your overall point with Brady, watching him win another chip in year one makes Bill look like a complete jackass for not only letting him go but for letting the roster deteriorate so bad that he went to the Bucs who gave him a bettet roster and got the chip as a result.

This is the mistake most of you make. You think it is super Brady fans that are pissed and you could not be wrong. It is that Bill let the position go to complete crap after HE said in 2014 better to be early at the position than late. So his answer in year one when Brady left him at the altar was to scrape Newton off the heap of last standing QBs with a bum shoulder. Ok, well he was capped strapped fine. He is the GM so that is why we were capped strapped but OK. Then he resigns him and Hoyer! And this was when he had a TON of cap space and a ton of draft capital and he goes and upgrades the team (fabulous!) but lets QB rot for another season while we HOPE we have something in Jones. That is WHY the fanbase has split. That is why Bill is being looked at sideways. For this to happen to a guy who was the defacto standard of excellence is absurd and the sooner he is no longer GM and Kraft let's the other guys be brought in run the team which has already started to happen this off-season, the better.

Your succession plan argument is old and tired. Pats got their QB now. Pats got their players via FA/draft now. It took a covid ridden year to re-tool and Pats still were in several games and still amassed a 7-9 record. Any other team is picking 1st or second in the draft, but that is the power of BBs coaching. Unfortunately I don't think it's something you'll understand.

This is the mistake most of you make. You think it is super Brady fans that are pissed and you could not be wrong. It is that Bill let the position go to complete crap after HE said in 2014 better to be early at the position than late. So his answer in year one when Brady left him at the altar was to scrape Newton off the heap of last standing QBs with a bum shoulder. Ok, well he was capped strapped fine. He is the GM so that is why we were capped strapped but OK. Then he resigns him and Hoyer! And this was when he had a TON of cap space and a ton of draft capital and he goes and upgrades the team (fabulous!) but lets QB rot for another season while we HOPE we have something in Jones. That is WHY the fanbase has split. That is why Bill is being looked at sideways. For this to happen to a guy who was the defacto standard of excellence who had the GOAT QB is absurd and the sooner he is no longer GM and Kraft let's the other guys be brought in run the team which has already started to happen this off-season, the better.

Fan base is split?
Yeah, 99% is supportive and wants the Patriots to succeed.
1%, which includes you, Middie, and Riv, wants the Patriots to fail at every turn and Brady to win.

Everyone, notice how Mazz has to answer as to whom BB should have gotten as a QB?

Because there wasn’t anyone available.

Fan base is split?
Yeah, 99% is supportive and wants the Patriots to succeed.
1%, which includes you, Middie, and Riv, wants the Patriots to fail at every turn and Brady to win.

Everyone, notice how Mazz has to answer as to whom BB should have gotten as a QB?

Because there wasn’t anyone available.

Anything short of selling his soul to require Brady would have been failure in some peoples minds

Looks like I am getting my wish. Things are really changing this year.

By Ryan Hannable

Sunday 7: Changes are coming to how Patriots do things this season

Nick Caserio was a man who wore many hats for the Patriots. In fact, Bill Belichick noted on a few occasions how many responsibilities Caserio had and how that compared to other personnel people around the league. Now that Caserio is the general manager in Houston, Belichick admitted Friday the team has had to change the way things are structured. “I’d say we're set up a little bit differently than we were when Nick was here,” he said. “We could talk about that for hours, but we're not going to. There are a number of different elements and things that are intertwined here and so forth. We have an opportunity to kind of reorganize some things and so that's what we're going to do. Matt [Patricia] wasn't here last year, he is now. He's an important part of that. Dave [Ziegler], Eliot [Wolf], Matt Groh, Steve [Cargile], so forth, I mean, there'd be a number of things that we'll modify for one reason or another and if we have to adjust them at a later point in time or further, we'll do that, but we'll start with, which we have already, start doing things a certain way and see how it goes.” Caserio headed up the draft, but was also involved in trade/contract negotiations and then was on the practice field everyday as well as on the headsets on gameday. There’s no way one single person could solely replace Caserio, so it will be interesting to see how those duties are split. Patricia seems like the person where multiple duties could fall, as he reportedly was signing contracts this offseason and has been an active participant on the field at OTAs this spring. While it may not be a huge thing, it certainly is worth keeping an eye on how things go since the organization had been doing things one way for such a long period of time.

Last edited:
We should have kept Tom Brady. This is the crux of the matter for her and other fans like her. Bill cannot be forgiven because he let Tom Brady go. Tom should have finished his career here, would have kept NE winning with more SuperBowls, (they always conveniently forget the 2019 season). Bill can never be forgiven for this in their minds.

That is why they pounce on anything even remotely negative about the team. Any scintilla of something going wrong and they will blow it up. Bill gets great FA signings? He paid too much. Pats get Julio Jones? They paid too much. They get Mac Jones, the QB they wanted in the draft? Why didn't Bill get another QB in FA.. New signing to the Patriots raves about the culture at the Pats? Well they have to say that, what else are they going to say? And so on and on and on......
And I am so weary of the shit. We all agree you're entitled to your opinion. But how many times a day must I reread your angry reissuance of the same opinion, over, and over. and over. and over Do you need to beat us to death with it constantly???

And I am so weary of the shit. We all agree you're entitled to your opinion. But how many times a day must I reread your angry reissuance of the same opinion, over, and over. and over. and over Do you need to beat us to death with it constantly???
They're just scorned fans. I'm looking forward to TC & Pre season games. We have some interesting Battles to see who makes it at WR, TE , LB & safety.

They're just scorned fans. I'm looking forward to TC & Pre season games. We have some interesting Battles to see who makes it at WR, TE , LB & safety.
You keep posting the same thing as if it is a simplistic reason why fans are upset at Bill and why Tampa games are pulling stronger ratings than Pats games in NE. You think it is just the "three" posters here but do not see there is a much larger divide beyond this Bill centric board. The TV ratings not only showed it last year but it is also no small surprise that the biggest ticket in town this year for all of Boston is when Brady comes to town.

No one is whining about "a down season" or feel scorned because Brady is no longer here. That's just a straw man to pretend critical fans do not see the larger picture of what has happened the last several years. I guess anything to take the focus off the fact that in a three year span, Bill Belichick made one of the most questionable decisions in Super Bowl history which in hindsight probably cost the team the only 3-peat ever, caused the greatest tight end ever to retire rather than play for him, and failed to keep the greatest quarterback of all-time satisfied, choosing instead to double down and triple down on The Patriot Way and "next man up" which has Cam "awful" Newton as our starter for the second year in a row with a pile of garbage behind him.

And when fans ask for accountability, or at the very least, recognition that Bill has screwed up royally, they're just marginalized and their "true Patriots fandom" is called into question and they must be Brady super fans because the all powerful Bill can do no wrong when he has been royally screwing up the team for years which led to us having to spend the most money in Pats history to try to rebuild through FA what Bill messed up through years of bad drafting and not extending solid talent from the 2010s.

This is why this divide exists right now and probably will as long as Bill remains in charge and Brady remains in Tampa.

Bill can do wrong. the deion branch thing, he effed up. bringing in haynesworth, afailus thomas. there are decisions he made that didn't turn out well.
one of the wrongs was NOT brady moving on.
and damnit, now i am part of the problem
...talking about tb in this thread. ugh. i wish typing his name would code to an 🥑 😄

You keep posting the same thing as if it is a simplistic reason why fans are upset at Bill and why Tampa games are pulling stronger ratings than Pats games in NE. You think it is just the "three" posters here but do not see there is a much larger divide beyond this Bill centric board. The TV ratings not only showed it last year but it is also no small surprise that the biggest ticket in town this year for all of Boston is when Brady comes to town.

No one is whining about "a down season" or feel scorned because Brady is no longer here. That's just a straw man to pretend critical fans do not see the larger picture of what has happened the last several years. I guess anything to take the focus off the fact that in a three year span, Bill Belichick made one of the most questionable decisions in Super Bowl history which in hindsight probably cost the team the only 3-peat ever, caused the greatest tight end ever to retire rather than play for him, and failed to keep the greatest quarterback of all-time satisfied, choosing instead to double down and triple down on The Patriot Way and "next man up" which has Cam "awful" Newton as our starter for the second year in a row with a pile of garbage behind him.

And when fans ask for accountability, or at the very least, recognition that Bill has screwed up royally, they're just marginalized and their "true Patriots fandom" is called into question and they must be Brady super fans because the all powerful Bill can do no wrong when he has been royally screwing up the team for years which led to us having to spend the most money in Pats history to try to rebuild through FA what Bill messed up through years of bad drafting and not extending solid talent from the 2010s.

This is why this divide exists right now and probably will as long as Bill remains in charge and Brady remains in Tampa.

Players come & go I still root for the Team. I wish them luck when they leave. I have called out BB in past for his failures.
Your Correct no one owns fandom. It's Crystal clear what type of a fan. You are because your more invested in 1 player then the team. So enjoy your thread & cheering on Tampa bay.

Players come & go I still root for the Team. I wish them luck when they leave. I have called out BB in past for his failures. Your Correct no one owns fandom. It's Crystal clear what type of a fan. You are because your more invested in 1 player then the team. So enjoy your thread & cheering on Tampa bay.
I know. You are great poster on here and we see eye to eye on most of this stuff. I am more just stating the reasons why the base is divided. It is not just because Brady is no longer here. There is a confluence of events over the last several years that not only led to Brady's departure but also the putrid state of the roster and Cam Newton as our QB for the second season in a row.

I know. You are great poster on here and we see eye to eye on most of this stuff. I am more just stating the reasons why the base is divided. It is not just because Brady is no longer here. There is a confluence of events over the last several years that not only led to Brady's departure but also the putrid state of the roster and Cam Newton as our QB for the second season in a row.
I gladly have discussion with you. If you want to post about ways that will help this current Patriots team. Please keep your F BB posts to a minimum . Until the season starts

Last edited:
I gladly have discussion with you. If you want to have post about ways that will help this current Patriots team. Please keep the F BB to a minimum into the season starts.
At times, it is impossible not to bring it up because look at our putrid QB room heading into 2021. That is what Reiss was pointing out. I mean what are we going to do if Newton does go down in week one and Jones is not ready? Do you really believe Bill has any confidence in Stidham given he would not play him last year? Do you ever want to see Hoyer take a meaningful snap for this team? I don't. That is what I am getting at. But yeah, I can lay off for sure.

Outside of the Super Bowl I didn't watch any TB games last year.

I appreciate everything Brady brought to the table but he's not my QB any more and that was his choice. I don't hold it against him but I'm not going to stop rooting for the Patriots because of a really stupid Brady vs Belichick conflict that doesn't really exist, Tom wanted a change, take care thanks for the memories.

The reason people are finding this whole argument so tiresome is every fucking discussion somehow has to be twisted into the holy one was betrayed by Judas Belichick. I make it a point to avoid the TB thread because I don't give even one little shit, maybe the Bradyphiles can take the same approach to the Patriot threads on this Patriots board.

Back