The 2021 Patriots' Preseason Camp

BB has been very committed to Cam. It’s because he’s checking the liberal BLM box so he doesn’t get shredded by all the white espn communist anchors who substitute racial division for legitimate policy discussions. BB is savy I’ll give him that.
It’s just a few down seasons when the team isn’t going anywhere anyway, plus Cams got a damn good attitude.
Now history, and woke media can’t call him racist, and yes if protecting cam weren’t in BBs resume they would try. He also knows his commitment to Cam buys him a lot of credibility with players around the the league.

I mean the other stuff was bad but this is just ridiculous. Keep this out of this forum.

I think the OTA/MiniCamp QB competition was won by the Patriots.

Nothing has been settled, but it seems like all 4 guys did at least as well as we hoped or better.

In six weeks we get to start watching these guys for ourselves to a much greater extent and I hope it
is a 3-way race with intense competition all around.

As an aside, I'm glad that Mac ended his last two sessions with INTs because that'll humble him and
Cam has hung on to the impression, at least, that he will win the job. I'll call that an ideal scenario, with
Stidham making them both look back over their shoulders. Let the best QB win. It's going to be one hell
of a Training Camp and the coverage and interest focused on Foxboro will most definitely be intense.

I've been watching the Pats for almost 60 years and can't recall a more compelling, exciting scenario for
preseason.

This is going to be fun.

I hope BB basically redshirts Jones. Let him spend the year as 3rd string QB. Learning the system . Certain People need to accept the fact Newton Is Starter this year.

I hope BB basically redshirts Jones. Let him spend the year as 3rd string QB. Learning the system . Certain People need to accept the fact Newton Is Starter this year.
Why? Are you worried that starting Jones this year would somehow damage him? The rest of the team is in pretty damn good shape and I'd hate to waste a year of rookie contracts and a well-built team with a starter such as cam Newton that we simply cannot win the Super Bowl with. If we're going to waste a year let's do it getting Mac ready on the field. He has what he needs between the art to get it I think. Cam does too, but is not the same anymore.

Why? Are you worried that starting Jones this year would somehow damage him? The rest of the team is in pretty damn good shape and I'd hate to waste a year of rookie contracts and a well-built team with a starter such as cam Newton that we simply cannot win the Super Bowl with. If we're going to waste a year let's do it getting Mac ready on the field. He has what he needs between the art to get it I think. Cam does too, but is not the same anymore.
This. I would rather go 5-12 with Jones this year and watch him learn and develop than go 8-9 or 9-8 with Cam. Let's get Jones rolling. He certainly seems like a guy that can handle the pressure of starting as a rookie and thrive with the expectations.

If moves were made based off hatred. Cam, BB & Harry would already been gone :coffee:
BB has already named Newton the starter. Unlike last year he much improved offense. The excuses are over if he struggles again.

If moves were made based off hatred. Cam, BB & Harry would already been gone :coffee:
BB has already named Newton the starter. Unlike last year he much improved offense. The excuses are over if he struggles again.
I wouldn't describe what Bill has said as naming Cam the starter, but more like Cam is the man until he's not.

I have no dog in the race or hatred discussions over here in the main forum. My point on the QB's is 100% based on what I think is best for the team.

Mac Jones has a chance to be the FUTURE of the team. While my opinion of Cam has improved massively as a person ( I really disliked his pressers w the Panthers) and a leader ( I was way wrong, he is one) I don't believe he is the future. I am a little like a little kid and I want my future team as fast as I can get it.

I have no dog in the race or hatred discussions over here in the main forum. My point on the QB's is 100% based on what I think is best for the team.

Mac Jones has a chance to be the FUTURE of the team. While my opinion of Cam has improved massively as a person ( I really disliked his pressers w the Panthers) and a leader ( I was way wrong, he is one) I don't believe he is the future. I am a little like a little kid and I want my future team as fast as I can get it.
He is the future. He would be better served learning the system & Playbook on sidelines. Something BB has done with certain Rookies . Newton is just a Bridge QB for this season. BB did address the passing game in first 2 days of FA. Bring in 2 top rated TEs Smith ,& Henry . Which were his favorite Targets in Caroline.

Last edited:
He is the future. He would be better served learning the system & Playbook on sidelines. Something BB has done with certain. Rookies . Newton is just a Bridge QB for this season. BB did address the passing game in first 2 days of FA. Bring in 2 top rated TEs Smith ,& Henry . Which were his favorite Targets in Caroline.
I see your point and recognize that you very well could be correct.

This. I would rather go 5-12 with Jones this year and watch him learn and develop than go 8-9 or 9-8 with Cam. Let's get Jones rolling. He certainly seems like a guy that can handle the pressure of starting as a rookie and thrive with the expectations.
That's purely because you'd rather see Belichick go 5-12 rather than 8-9 or 9-8. The QB playing in any of those scenarios mean ZERO to you and your other 2 trolls. As Giardi, Curran and Perry have said this week, the Patriots will very likely be a playoff team regardless of who's playing QB. They're not going 5-12, 8-9 or 9-8. Wishful thinking on the part of The Tiresome Threesome.

Last edited:
Stick to things you actually say? I wasn't responding to you! Honest!y, and I'm not trying to be a wiseass here (god knows I can be sometimes), but do you have a reading/processing problem? This isn't the first time you've directly responded to a post of mine that was a direct response to someone else. For crissakes, you indicating that logic escapes some people is like having Kyrie Irving teach a college level course on the solar system. Jesus...

Teams figure out who's the best in TC. Jones will have opportunity to win backup Role with a big TC & Preseason. I have already explained the reasons. To not play him this season. Offensive Rookies don’t have best success rate their first season here.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I didn't address anything to which you refer above.

Brian Hoyer sounds like a latter-day Damon Huard

Other teams expressed interest in Brian Hoyer, but in the end the veteran decided to stay put after all. Hoyer signed a one-year contract with the New England Patriots, returning to a familiar quarterback room — but one that looked different from 2020’s in one major way: Mac Jones has been added to the mix via the first round of the draft.

Despite the added layer of competition, however, re-signing with the Patriots was a no-brainer for Hoyer.

“For me, this is where I wanted to be; to be a part of this group to obviously help them with the knowledge that I have but to also go out there and compete and push them, and really not only help them but help the offense and help the team in any way that I can,” he said during a recent media conference call.

Heading into his 13th season in the NFL, Hoyer is the most experienced passer on New England’s roster. While Cam Newton has more starting experience, Hoyer has spent a total of six years as a member of the organization — first as Tom Brady’s backup, and last year as the number three behind Newton and Jarrett Stidham.

He knows the offense, and is well aware of the fact that it is also his duty to help groom Jones and also assist the other two QBs.

“I think I have a responsibility in the quarterback room and the team in general. I have some of the most experience in this group and on this team. To impart that knowledge is obviously a big part of my role here — but also to go out and compete and to push these guys every day. It’s been fun obviously to get back with Cam and Stiddy, and then bring Mac along and get to know him; he’s a great kid and he’s working really hard,” Hoyer said.

“I noticed him coming ask me a lot of questions and to get my feedback. I remember doing the same thing with Stidham three years ago now, or Danny Etling the year before that. For me, whether it’s Mac, Jarrett, Cam — Cam asked me a question today about something — that’s my responsibility as being the most experienced quarterback in that room: to share that wealth of knowledge and to go from there.”

Despite his knowledge of the system and value as a veteran leader to help bring Jones up to speed, Hoyer is far from a lock to make New England’s roster this year. The team traditionally carries no more than three passers on its active team, and Hoyer has been the clear No. 4 in terms of opportunities during mandatory minicamp.

His experience could have played a role in this, yes, but Hoyer’s upside — as was shown during his lone start in place of Newton last season — remains limited compared to the other QBs under contract. Regardless of his eventual outlook, however, he still plays a prominent role at the moment. The Patriots and their first-round quarterback might be better off in the long run because of it.

Back