The 2021 Tokyo Summer Olympics

For anyone who is interested in watching specific events from the Olympics, it turns out Comcast/NBC kind of screwed themselves. They should have put it all on the Peacock service to drive subscriptions, but they actually have very little on there.

I was watching with YouTubeTV, but it was very cludgy to watch specific events.

It turns out, if you have a subscription OR can use a cable login, EVERYTHING is on the NBCSPORTS App. It's all organized and saved. No DVR needed. I am now having a much easier time watching what I want.

Simone Biles Will Make Dramatic Return to Tokyo Olympics on Balance Beam​

The 24-year-old Biles hasn’t competed since she withdrew from team competition last week because she didn’t feel mentally able to compete safely​

Simone Biles will compete in the balance beam event final. PAUL KURODA/ZUMA PRESS

By
Louise Radnofsky
Updated Aug. 2, 2021 5:16 am ET

TOKYO—Simone Biles will compete in the balance beam final on Tuesday, making a high-stakes return to competition a week after she pulled herself out of competition because she didn’t feel mentally able to compete safely.

The 24-year-old gymnast, widely regarded as the greatest of all time, has not competed since she withdrew from the team final after a shaky vault in the team final last Tuesday. She has withdrawn from four other finals in the days since then. The balance beam final represents her last chance to come back to the field of play in the Tokyo Olympics, and to take an individual medal of any color.

USA Gymnastics confirmed Biles’s entry on Twitter, writing: “We are so excited to confirm that you will see two U.S. athletes in the balance beam final tomorrow – Suni Lee AND Simone Biles!!”

Her surprise decision now adds yet another plot twist to one of the most extraordinary dramas of the Games. Biles had been training consistently since her withdrawal, she and American officials have said, in order to see what she might be capable of doing.

People close to Biles said that she is expected to modify her dismount, which usually relies on twisting. Biles and her coaches Cecile and Laurent Landi believed after her training on Monday that she could compete safely, the people familiar with the matter said.

Even if you are not an assman you have to enjoy watching Beach Vollyball. It would be great if 1 player from Brazil and 1 player from Canada played together. Maybe there are better asses on other teams but those are the 2 that stood out from the matches that I have watched.

Even if you are not an assman you have to enjoy watching Beach Vollyball. It would be great if 1 player from Brazil and 1 player from Canada played together. Maybe there are better asses on other teams but those are the 2 that stood out from the matches that I have watched.

They aren't shy, are they?

Women's water pool is interesting when they come out of the water. The game is not bad watching either.

Wanted to post my wonderful art gallery owner friend's poetic tribute to our Olympians complete with the phenomenally heroic Olympian sculpture collection another friend created that is sold in his gallery, but all the bronzes show the naked definition of general and epic athletes bodies and didn't know if it was appropriate.

Last edited:
Wanted to post my wonderful art gallery Iwner friends poetic tribute to our Olympians complete with the phenomenally heroic Olympian sculpture collection another friend created that is sold in his gallery, but all the bronze scupulters show the naked definition of general and epic athletes bodies and didn't know if it it was appropriate.
Proclamatiom:

Appropriate by all measure.

Cheers

From my friend Quent, the renaissance man. I am so proud of the magnitude and level of amazing soul, achievement and flourishing many of my friends and associates have. Some are shits. But most are stellar.

"For the Olympians ~

"The fractured image flickering over the millennia, broken and begrimed,
Healing for brief seconds, a few minutes now and then—
The wholeness, the clean, bright view coming suddenly visible again
Through the curtaining Dark—
And the Age of Man yet lives."

Three of Danielle Anjou's twelve works from her Olympians series, now on display in our Jackson gallery. The Diver from the series was selected for display in the Louvre, in Paris.

The verse above, "Now and Then," is from the My Kingdom collection, by yours truly, 2019."

16-22.jpg

16-22.jpg

16-22.jpg

Delighted to see the US beat those Chinese c**ts in the medal table. Freedom 1 - Commie f**ks 0
Thank you. I found it entertaining to root for the athletes from the US, but if they weren't competitive I rooted against
the Chinese, who are the most overly serious, joyless culture on the face of the planet Earth.

Perhaps my favorite event was when Indonesia females beat the Commies in badminton, of all things. The announcers made the point that the
Chinese spent multi-millions to duplicate the Olympic venue somewhere in China to help ensure the result and despite dominating world badminton for years they lost the
Gold to two plucky Indonesian chicks, who were very easy to root for and kicked ass of the future world overlords.

The government will give 5 billion rupiah ($349,000) cash prize to the winners – a reward that was put in place as Indonesia's badminton association reported a COVID-linked drop in people taking up the sport, Reuters reported.

According to the report, the district head in Apriyani's hometown of Sulawesi island promised her five cows and a house. While a chain of meatball restaurants vowed to give them both a venue.

Anyhow, the reaction of one of those girls when she won the gold was epic. She prostrated herself on the floor and wailed and screamed as if she was giving birth. It was an overwhelming
emotional outburst and I'm pretty sure the Chinese girls got a bullet to the skull backstage (after the medal ceremony) for failing to bring home the Gold and their families have been relocated to a forced labor camp in Mongolia.

It was one weird-ass Women's Olympics and I can't wait for the Men's Olympics to begin. Not that men matter worth a damn to anyone anymore.

Wait..........what? You mean this was the COMBINED Olympics? I never got the memo. Still, it had it's moments.

indo.jpg

Back