The 2023 AFC East

Ya know, I was going to write something along similar lines. Spot on.

To the bolded paragraph, a primary reason I like Aaron Rodgers.

I enjoy watching him on Pat McAfee's show.

View: https://youtu.be/ZL_HiYwx7sg

I've become a fan of Aaron Rodgers because he goes his own way and didn't kneel down before the Covid mob

There is an ambiguity here caused by the choice of example. It appears the first hlafof the sentence is predicated on the second half.

I also respect someone who doesn't bow down before any mob. Any mob. Bit I can't tell if you and Hawg respect him because he doesn't bend a knee to the COVID mob, which is very different than "any" mob. I guess the question is, would you respect him equally as much if he didn't bow down to the anti-vaxxer mob?

Don't want to turn this political but that's the example in Aaron's speech, which can be taken one of two ways.

I respect him because he dislikes the same people I don't like. (He thinks the same as I. Good for him!)

I respect him because he doesn't bow to any mob, even if I disagree with his choice. (I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.)

I've become a fan of Aaron Rodgers because he goes his own way and didn't kneel down before the Covid mob

There is an ambiguity here caused by the choice of example. It appears the first hlafof the sentence is predicated on the second half.

I also respect someone who doesn't bow down before any mob. Any mob. Bit I can't tell if you and Hawg respect him because he doesn't bend a knee to the COVID mob, which is very different than "any" mob. I guess the question is, would you respect him equally as much if he didn't bow down to the anti-vaxxer mob?

Don't want to turn this political but that's the example in Aaron's speech, which can be taken one of two ways.

I respect him because he dislikes the same people I don't like. (He thinks the same as I. Good for him!)

I respect him because he doesn't bow to any mob, even if I disagree with his choice. (I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say list.

Your bolded last paragraph is my answer.

I also very much enjoy his personality and watching him play.

I respect him because he doesn't bow to any mob, even if I disagree with his choice. (I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.)

I really want to respond in more depth, but feel like it's going to get political, so, let's agree to disagree and I'll let it go.

You are creating a distinction that's unnecessary. It is more than fine for people to appreciate Aaron Rodger's stance on Covid vaccinations, and as a result "like" him more than they previously did.

Excellent way of parsing that out. Aaron Rodgers is who he is 100% of the time and doesn't give a cold dead shit what anybody thinks. Watching him mature into this guy over the years is something I've enjoyed because watching a free thinker's mind develop is always fascinating. The guy is a prime example of gaining wisdom as you mature.

Excellent way of parsing that out. Aaron Rodgers is who he is 100% of the time and doesn't give a cold dead shit what anybody thinks. Watching him mature into this guy over the years is something I've enjoyed because watching a free thinker's mind develop is always fascinating. The guy is a prime example of gaining wisdom as you mature.
That's how I think of him as well.

Like it or not, this is who I am. "This is how I feel and chance the consequences."

It was being tied to a hot-button condition muddied the waters for me. Especially since it's such a thin line between being a Prima Dona diva and being a free thinker who speaks his mind.

I really want to respond in more depth, but feel like it's going to get political, so, let's agree to disagree and I'll let it go.

:beer:

Wasn't disagreeing with you, just not certain of what you were saying, but in today's climate some questions are better treated like sleeping dogs and let be.. I should have just thought, "Hmm, wonder what that means?" and clicked on the draft thread. (In my defense, I'm an engineer by trade and at heart, and have a hard time ignoring anything non-definitive. I've been call anal-retentive and consider it a term of endearment.) .... Now on to the draft thread to try to determine whether Oronson is our future OLine savior or Isaiah Wynne 2.0

Wasn't disagreeing with you, just not certain of what you were saying, but in today's climate some questions are better treated like sleeping dogs and let be.. I should have just thought, "Hmm, wonder what that means?" and clicked on the draft thread. (In my defense, I'm an engineer by trade and at heart, and have a hard time ignoring anything non-definitive. I've been call anal-retentive and consider it a term of endearment.) .... Now on to the draft thread to try to determine whether Oronson is our future OLine savior or Isaiah Wynne 2.0
I didn't think you were. I kind of left that open for interpretation, completely unintended

Agreed, and I don't want Milano either. His dirty play would be routinely flagged in New England.

You could be right but I think BB could tame him and if he won't be tamed he will be asked to move on like BigBang Clock.

Allright.

Without getting into a big rehash of Covid, I felt like he got held up by the media as an example of an anti-vax nut job and a liar, when he cleverly, and not
dishonestly, stated that he had been "immunized" and later went on to explain that was a vitamin regime and not the jab and he got killed by them for deciding for
himself what he was going to put in his body, which is absolutely his right.

I wasn't nuts about how that whole situation was handled by the league and the media with regular updates on who tested positive being posted everywhere despite
something called the Hippa law which is supposed to protect people's privacy. How did the NFLPA give consent for this? Why? Did they cave into league demands
that they would be disciplined if their personal info wasn't paraded in front of the public? I don't really know or care to revisit the whole episode, but I do know
that pretending to really care about people while actually protecting the bottom line is pure Roger. HE wasn't going to be castigated like Rodgers was, because
he knew which way the wind was blowing.

I felt there was a Witch-hunt mentality to the whole thing with people who chose not to jab being hung out to dry as if they were monsters who didn't care about
anybody but themselves.

I felt there was a wrongness to the whole thing and he could have easily just said "Sure, I got the vaccine and think everybody should decide for themselves"
and everybody would have instantly forgotten it. But, he told the truth, technically, and people were calling for his head. He's a witch-- burn him!!!

At least he understood and was able to articulate what I thought were some thoughtful views on the subject in contrast to many of his peers, who treated that
particular bull like all-pro matadors.

Anyhow, that made me start to respect the guy because he isn't just another cardboard cut-out saying all the right things to avoid trouble. It convinced me that
he's got a set of balls on him. Sometimes I appreciate somebody that doesn't always take the easy way out even to their own detriment.

Please note that if he does sign with the Jets, then I reserve the right to change my mind and view him as a greasy, loud-mouthed hippie who needs a haircut

Allright.

Without getting into a big rehash of Covid, I felt like he got held up by the media as an example of an anti-vax nut job and a liar, when he cleverly, and not
dishonestly, stated that he had been "immunized" and later went on to explain that was a vitamin regime and not the jab and he got killed by them for deciding for

I wasn't nuts about how that whole situation was handled by the league and the media with regular updates on who tested positive being posted everywhere despite
something called the Hippa law which is supposed to protect people's privacy. How did the NFLPA give consent for this? Why? Did they cave into league demands
that they would be disciplined if their personal info wasn't paraded in front of the public? I don't really know or care to revisit the whole episode, but I do know
that pretending to really care about people while actually protecting the bottom line is pure Roger. HE wasn't going to be castigated like Rodgers was, because

I felt there was a Witch-hunt mentality to the whole thing with people who chose not to jab being hung out to dry as if they were monsters who didn't care about
anybody but themselves.

I felt there was a wrongness to the whole thing and he could have easily just said "Sure, I got the vaccine and think everybody should decide for themselves"
and everybody would have instantly forgotten it. But, he told the truth, technically, and people were calling for his head. He's a witch-- burn him!!!

At least he understood and was able to articulate what I thought were some thoughtful views on the subject in contrast to many of his peers, who treated that

Anyhow, that made me start to respect the guy because he isn't just another cardboard cut-out saying all the right things to avoid trouble. It convinced me that
he's got a set of balls on him. Sometimes I appreciate somebody that doesn't always take the easy way out even to their own detriment.

Please note that if he does sign with the Jets, then I reserve the right to change my mind and view him as a greasy, loud-mouthed hippie who needs a haircut

Cheers.

The seeing through one's own eyes and being fully human enough to have the gall to stand up straight and bend the knee to no man, God nor mob and fully be prepared for the consequences is integrity in a nutshell.
Highly respected and that's where we meet and why I so enjoy Aaron Rodgers.

i respect when people speak their minds, even though i think it's not always wise. what makes me 🙄 are the ones who do so, then complain about every negative response, not just any that may be incorrect.

Allright.

anybody but themselves.

Fully agree. It just wasn't clear to me, an admitted pedantic, what exactly you were saying. I still stand by admiring any man who refuses to bow to any mob, and these days there are so many diametrically opposed mobs to choose between.

i respect when people speak their minds, even though i think it's not always wise. what makes me 🙄 are the ones who do so, then complain about every negative response, not just any that may be incorrect.
For sure. Reasoned discussions and attempts to meet halfway get lost in kneejerk reactions.

My own stance is that it is more likely than not that Rogers is both an admirable man who stands up for what he believes while also being a greasy, loudmouthed hippie who needs a haircut. Plus if he becomes a Jet I can already tell that he isn't nearly as good a player as he has been in the past. SOJ.

Back