The 2023 AFC East

This could be one of the best divisions in the NFL next year.

This could be one of the best divisions in the NFL next year.
It was probably #2 last year, and while the Bills look likely to take a step back, they'll still be good and the Pats and Jets should both be better. Not sure about the Fins/Tua.

AFC North looks weaker as of now, West is still strong. Jacksonville looks to have stabilized the South, though the Titans are fading and the Colts and Texans should still suck.

Rodgers it appears will be a Jete
As we continue to become, more and more, the NBA.
The truly elite get to build there own team while the rest live off (er, um, die with) the leftovers.

Remind me to leave a night light on.
😆
I get the humor

I just don't know how many understand the 4 days of darkness as something akin to a sensory deprivation tank.

Great value to be found their by telling the entire world to go screa for a bit. See and figure out shit on your own.

😆
I get the humor

I just don't know how many understand the 4 days of darkness as something akin to a sensory deprivation tank.

Great value to be found their by telling the entire world to go screa for a bit. See and figure out shit on your own.
It would be interesting. I enjoyed backpacking on little used trails in central NH. Something about no human contact for a few days....

On the other hand, I never once walked out of the woods thinking, "I want to be a Jet."

Karen G. gives a good summary of the additions and subtractions for the AFCE teams.

If Rodgers gets signed by the Jets, only the Bills have not improved.

Karen G. gives a good summary of the additions and subtractions for the AFCE teams.

If Rodgers gets signed by the Jets, only the Bills have not improved.
She makes excellent points, as she almost always does.

What I find interesting, is the mostly lack of discussion around how Bill O’Brien makes the individual offensive players better just by him being the offensive coordinator.

We think we know what MAC can do and then he can get better than he was year one.

We think we know how good Kendrick Bourne should be if properly used.

We think we know what 12 personnel with Hunter, Henry, and Mika G. will do in a Bill O’Brien lead offense.

In short, I think folks are not giving Bill O’Brien enough credit for the upgrade he brings to the entire offensive unit. I think he makes everybody a certain percentage better, and some of them considerably better.

What happens when each player whether they be the quarterback, the receiver, group, or the offensive line plays better all together??? And Klemm???👍🏻

But that’s just me, generally a little too positive at this time of the year.

Last edited:

What I find interesting, is the mostly lack of discussion around how Bill O’Brien makes the individual offensive players better just by him being the offensive coordinator.

We think we know what MAC can do and then he can get better than he was year one.

We think we know what 12 personnel with Hunter, Henry, and Mika G. will do in a Bill O’Brien lead offense.

In short, I think folks are not giving Bill O’Brien enough credit for the upgrade he brings to the entire offensive unit. I think he makes everybody a certain percentage better, and some of them considerably better.

What happens when each player whether they be the quarterback, the receiver, group, or the offensive line plays better all together??? And Klemm???👍🏻

For me, improvement depends mostly on an improved O Line in pass pro. If Mac has time to throw, we're golden.
Towards that end, Trent Brown is still at LT and Riley Reiff is penciled in at RT. Reiff is 34 yrs old. He's had plenty of experience but is he too old to take advantage of that experience?
Brown ranked 43 by PFF last year. Reiff ranked 51. Wynn ranked 72 so he should be an upgrade over Wynn since he's better at pass pro but didn't grade out quite so well in run blocking as Wynn did.

Reiff: 67 pass pro 59 run blocking
Wynn: 53 and 63.
Brown: 76 and 60.
Calvin Anderson: 66 and 59.
McDermott: 53 and 80!

Conor McDermott is our best run blocking tackle with a very good grade of 80 which ranks him 10th best run blocking OT in the league last year. Pass Pro was 53, same as Wynn.

I'm all in on OT or CB with our 1st pick whether or not BB trades down. I would prefer OT to protect Mac. BB can scheme up to defend the pass with a 2nd round CB.

For me, improvement depends mostly on an improved O Line in pass pro. If Mac has time to throw, we're golden.
Towards that end, Trent Brown is still at LT and Riley Reiff is penciled in at RT. Reiff is 34 yrs old. He's had plenty of experience but is he too old to take advantage of that experience?
Brown ranked 43 by PFF last year. Reiff ranked 51. Wynn ranked 72 so he should be an upgrade over Wynn since he's better at pass pro but didn't grade out quite so well in run blocking as Wynn did.

Reiff: 67 pass pro 59 run blocking
Wynn: 53 and 63.
Brown: 76 and 60.
Calvin Anderson: 66 and 59.
McDermott: 53 and 80!

Conor McDermott is our best run blocking tackle with a very good grade of 80 which ranks him 10th best run blocking OT in the league last year. Pass Pro was 53, same as Wynn.

I'm all in on OT or CB with our 1st pick whether or not BB trades down. I would prefer OT to protect Mac. BB can scheme up to defend the pass with a 2nd round CB.

Thanks for the data and thoughts.

Focusing on Trent, my thoughts are that he really struggled with the Patricia system, but concede that only partially explains his wildly up and down season. Oddly,
he had a terrible 1st game of the year and then played really well for a few games before backsliding and having major problems with basic stuff like snap
counts. He's our best bet at LT as it stands and maybe Klemm can get him squared away because Brown can still be a dominant player or at least much
better than we saw in 2022. He's the most inconsistent player I can remember in Foxboro. He's great one week and looks lost the next with no way of
knowing why.

Thanks for the data and thoughts.

Focusing on Trent, my thoughts are that he really struggled with the Patricia system, but concede that only partially explains his wildly up and down season. Oddly,
he had a terrible 1st game of the year and then played really well for a few games before backsliding and having major problems with basic stuff like snap
counts. He's our best bet at LT as it stands and maybe Klemm can get him squared away because Brown can still be a dominant player or at least much
better than we saw in 2022. He's the most inconsistent player I can remember in Foxboro. He's great one week and looks lost the next with no way of
knowing why.

We seem to be relying on Klemm a lot. Fingers crossed.

I, for one give him great credit. I'm thrilled that he is back aboard.

Back