The 2023 Mock Draft Thread

This mock is from the 5th best mock drafter over the past 5 NFL drafts according to the Huddle Report.
Ryan McCrystal. I've read his work for years. He's worked for ESPN Stats and Info in the past and this year is working for Warren Sharp's Sharp Football Analysis.
No trades in this one.

I'm just the messenger, people.

I don't profess to know what BB will do in this draft specifically, other than there's a high probability he trades back, but if BB makes this pick with the plethora of
OTs,
CBs and
WRs
who are right there for the taking, I'll feel like I've wasted the last 25 years of my BB/NFL fandom watching him manipulate the draft in his favor.

Could this guy be right? Now he's got me questioning myself.

His reasoning:
I love Branch. He's in a position of critical need. If they were to pick him, it would be with O'Brien's full blessing that this guy made his world miserable in practice all day, every day. I had just recently (reluctantly) added him to my list of 8 guys I wouldn't mind taking with 14 overall. I think he could play CB this year while learning from McCourty, just like McCourty did as a rookie. I don't think his best use is as a post safety, but he's got the flexibility to play there.

Here's a little primer from a YT film/scout guy I like:

View: https://youtu.be/uKnxRmwObZw

All that said, there are other guys I think could fill the bill that could be had much later. Quan Martin out of Illinois is a favorite.

That trade is absolutely insane.they game you the #32 overall to make up for the gap between 3 picks up in the first and 3 picks down in the second?

I almost gave up on these pseudo-mocks with some of the trades they were offering. Then I gave up on them entirely when I ran one and saw Jalen Carter had fallen to me at #14.
but they only gave me a B+ on the trade, maybe I should have asked for a 2024 1st rounder,Lol

I love Branch. He's in a position of critical need. If they were to pick him, it would be with O'Brien's full blessing that this guy made his world miserable in practice all day, every day. I had just recently (reluctantly) added him to my list of 8 guys I wouldn't mind taking with 14 overall. I think he could play CB this year while learning from McCourty, just like McCourty did as a rookie. I don't think his best use is as a post safety, but he's got the flexibility to play there.

Here's a little primer from a YT film/scout guy I like:

View: https://youtu.be/uKnxRmwObZw

All that said, there are other guys I think could fill the bill that could be had much later. Quan Martin out of Illinois is a favorite.

I'd rather fill OT or CB realizing BB loves his safeties.

BB will end up drafting a few players not even in the draft sim...trade away picks for future...definitely piss off many. THAT is my prediction.

He is just trying to be provocative. I wonder how many minutes (hours?) It took to come up with that mock draft and all those trades?
And I must say, working through it, a great time was had by me.

Cheers

PFN mock draft site

pfn-logo-black

14. made 2 trades back to pick up picks. 1st to 26 then to 29 for another pick.
29. OT Dawand Jones, Ohio St.
46. OT Cody Mauch, N. Dakota St.
65. CB Eli Ricks, Bama
76. CB Jaylon Jones, Texas A&M
117. LB Mahamoud Diabate, Utah
135. RB Shaun Tucker, Syracuse
184. DT PJMustifer, Penn St.
187. WR Andrei Iosivas, Princeton
192. WR Ronnie Bell, Mich.
210. P Michael Turk, OK
258. DT Cory Durden, NC St.
+ received Dallas 1st and 3rd picks 2024
K Moody, Mich. UDFA?

...you missed a QB too... :coffee:

He is just trying to be provocative. I wonder how many minutes (hours?) It took to come up with that mock draft and all those trades?
HMMM...yeah, after what happened last year, I'm not sold on him. He looked promising in his rookie year 8/10...until the end of the season. And yes, he was in a shit show shituation...BB absolutely fucked that up. But, Jones showed a LOT of cracks that everyone seen. I question his mental toughness and grit. Can he rise up from the ashes? I have no idea. It will be interesting. I want him to be as good as he can be, but, will he though?

The mock draft took like, 4 minutes. I realize that doing a Pats mock draft is pretty much futile, but, it's kinda fun...IMO.

K Moody, Mich. UDFA?

...you missed a QB too... :coffee:

Why do we need a QB? There are plenty of veteran backup QBs available if BB wants one.

I see in one of you mocks you drafted Anthony Richardson. Damn, he's a physical specimen for sure, on a par with Cam Newton as a draftee.
Is he willing to switch to TE? RB? Because he is so raw as a QB he won't be ready to play for 2-3 years. 52% comp. percentage in college translates to 42% in the NFL.
He only started 13 games in college. I wish he had stayed in school another year, actually.

View: https://twitter.com/NFLRookieWatxh/status/1632159291397341191

FqDxmqmX0AAlkSs

Some team will take him but I don't think it will be the Pats.

Last edited:
HMMM...yeah, after what happened last year, I'm not sold on him. He looked promising in his rookie year 8/10...until the end of the season. And yes, he was in a shit show shituation...BB absolutely fucked that up. But, Jones showed a LOT of cracks that everyone seen. I question his mental toughness and grit. Can he rise up from the ashes? I have no idea. It will be interesting. I want him to be as good as he can be, but, will he though?

The mock draft took like, 4 minutes. I realize that doing a Pats mock draft is pretty much futile, but, it's kinda fun...IMO.
John showed how tough he was handling last year situation. Yes, it was a shit show. People want to drag him down for his performance last year and I see that as backwards. I’m impressed with how he handled last year’s shit show.

Daniel Jeremiah said that from what he's heard from league sources is that Richardson will be gone before Seattle's pick.

Back