The 2023 Mock Draft Thread

Why do we need a QB? There are plenty of veteran backup QBs available if BB wants one.

I see in one of you mocks you drafted Anthony Richardson. Damn, he's a physical specimen for sure, on a par with Cam Newton as a draftee.
Is he willing to switch to TE? RB? Because he is so raw as a QB he won't be ready to play for 2-3 years. 52% comp. percentage in college translates to 42% in the NFL.
He only started 13 games in college. I wish he had stayed in school another year, actually.

View: https://twitter.com/NFLRookieWatxh/status/1632159291397341191

FqDxmqmX0AAlkSs

Some team will take him but I don't think it will be the Pats.

Yeah, it was just one mock. He could be the next Josh Allen. A project that could be really good, or, a waste of time.

Saints traded their whole draft for Ricky Williams...
You're literally swapping firsts and Mills for Jameson Williams and some flotsam and jetsam picks in there. Even Madden rejects that one.

You're literally swapping firsts and Mills for Jameson Williams and some flotsam and jetsam picks in there. Even Madden rejects that one.
DON'T H8 the player, H8 the game...

You're a cool dew. I respect you. Don't get triggered over a dumb simulation experiment.

Bitch to PFF for their defect(s)...apparently I can find their weak spots?

:coffee:

Here's a tip (for mock drafting anyways), when a team wants to initiate a trade with you, you can basically rape them until around the 30ish% give or take. Their model obviously isn't realistic, but, simply a hypothetical maybe thingy...

Last edited:
I've noticed that PFF updated a few players rankings. The tallish CB (Julius Brents) via Kansas ST. went way up! Dawand Jones went up a bit. Richardson #6 now. He actually could in fact be the first QB taken now.

DON'T H8 the player, H8 the game...

You're a cool dew. I respect you. Don't get triggered over a dumb simulation experiment.

Bitch to PFF for their defect(s)...apparently I can find their weak spots?

:coffee:

Here's a tip (for mock drafting anyways), when a team wants to initiate a trade with you, you can basically rape them until around the 30ish% give or take. Their model obviously isn't realistic, but, simply a hypothetical maybe thingy...
Addendum:

The GOLD is when a team wants to trade with YOU...NOT when you want to trade with them! Take advantage of that opportunity to maximize your haul!

I've noticed that PFF updated a few players rankings. The tallish CB (Julius Brents) via Kansas ST. went way up! Dawand Jones went up a bit. Richardson #6 now. He actually could in fact be the first QB taken now.

They always had Brents too low, imo. I've always thought of him as a top CB in this draft.
Dawand Jones should be up as a late 1st round pick.
Richardson is this year's biggest boom or bust gamble, imo. It only takes 1 team. I do think Petey could work wonders with him.

They always had Brents too low, imo. I've always thought of him as a top CB in this draft.
Dawand Jones should be up as a late 1st round pick.
Richardson is this year's biggest boom or bust gamble, imo. It only takes 1 team. I do think Petey could work wonders with him.

Every team that thinks they need to draft a QB that can contribute is going to be sweating it out hoping that someone else takes Richardson before their own pick. They don't want any part of that (at best) coin flip that he is. If he sucks (I, for one. think he won't make it) and you took him you are done. If he is the next Allen and is great and you passed on him, you suck.

GM's need to be huddling with their owners getting consensus now. In writing, LOL.

Every team that thinks they need to draft a QB that can contribute is going to be sweating it out hoping that someone else takes Richardson before their own pick. They don't want any part of that (at best) coin flip that he is. If he sucks (I, for one. think he won't make it) and you took him you are done. If he is the next Allen and is great and you passed on him, you suck.

GM's need to be huddling with their owners getting consensus now. In writing, LOL.
After working with Hurts & developing him I wouldn’t be surprised if Shane Steichen is pounding on the table for Richardson. Not sure Stroud will be there at 4. Young certainly won’t be.

A new type of prototype QB who will change the game forever? That...
...sounds...
...so...
...familiar!jamarcus-russelljpg.jpg

A top mock drafter over the last 5 years picks Tenn OT Darnell Wright for the Pats at 14. Great pick if BB wants a RT.

FqvF10NX0AEVfxI

Last edited:
A top mock drafter over the last 5 years picks Tenn OT Darnell Wright for the Pats at 14. Great pick if BB wants a RT.

FqvF10NX0AEVfxI
Richardson to the Raiders? Might as well move the team back to Oakland.

Richardson to the Raiders? Might as well move the team back to Oakland.

He'd be perfect for the Ravens. They're all set up offensively for a running QB and he's bigger and stronger than Lamar.

He'd be perfect for the Ravens. They're all set up offensively for a running QB and he's bigger and stronger than Lamar.
Yup. Agree. Said it a few days ago. My post above was a section to a "report".

From Murph on twitter @TMurph207 . Murph is a low key guy who has been around a long time. He's co-host of a pod cast "One Patriots Place" and also a baseball writer at E2gSports.

I'm not a fan of taking Darnell Washington at 46 or the extra C taken. It's true that David Andrews graded out his worst year as a pro so a C may be needed but why that last one?
Punter, please.
FB Hunter Luepke is totally unknown to me. He is from ND State but he's not the right guy from ND State.
Give me this mauling Scotsman with the missing grill.
FNCUevjWYAkGvNw

Fq1Vcv6XsAAdyjK

Last edited:
Back