The 2023 NFL Draft 4 /27/23 Round 1 8PM

Will this be a BPA draft throughout?

The Patriots still have 11 picks. I don't think they will pick 11 players over the next 2 days.
For those looking for a OT in the 1st round, there are others available. One that I kept looking past, but kept coming back to is Blake Freeland from BYU.
He reminds me of Nate Solder when Nate was a prospect.
:coffee:

Apparently. Hopefully a clone of prime Bruce Armstrong is available for a vet minimum.

That and nobody should worry about not getting an heir apparent at TE when there was a fairly deep crop available.

I'm pretty sure that this year Matt Sokol is ready to put it all together and reach his potential.

I got to say this draft has left me more confused than ever concerning the Pats.
Going in thought they’d pick up a couple of OTs, a couple of binkies for Mac,,

Boy, wasI wrong.

I got to say this draft has left me more confused than ever concerning the Pats.

Boy, wasI wrong.

I don’t know. Maybe you weren’t.

Boy, was I wrong.

On OT Wright, in his weak spot is speed rushers.
During Senior Bowl week there are two clips on YT of Will McDonald putting Wright on the ground with his speed and flexibility. McDonald has been called a young Dwight Freeney.

During the Senior Bowl game a defensive end from Kansas put a similar move on Wright. Wright was all spun around, don't remember the name of the Kanas player, it might of been Phelps.

I'm putting Duncan above Wright.

Well, the draft happened and my guy went 10th overall and your guy went 186th.

That doesn't mean that you are wrong about Duncan and I am right about Wright, because neither has played a down yet, but
of the 250-odd prospects that got picked there are probably great plays and bad ones in every single one's film to try and put
into context.

Nobody has time to watch and absorb every single available guy's whole career and a review of even the more successful scouts and draft analysts or
whatever you call them is going to contain a certain number of wild swings and misses. This is why I hesitate to blast Bill even if he makes me nuts
sometimes. You have to look at the big picture and it is an absolutely massive amount of data and variables to try and project. Nobody wins them
all.

I think it's fun to at least try to form an opinion, but I'm not kidding myself. The draft is a tough nut to crack.

One thing I'd bet is that you'll follow Duncan's career and hope he can be the guy you thought you saw and I'll do the same with mine.

:patslogo26:

Back