The 2023 Playoffs

Don't care how many times I hear it, I'm not calling it "super" wild card weekend

Lawrence with two INTs in the first five minutes of the game :oops:

I haven't watched the Chargers all that much, but I was a big fan of their LT Jamaree Salyer because he caught my interest at Georgia despite
being widely panned as a day 3 guard prospect, possibly because he wasn't a Greek God body-wise and was shorter than the ideal.

Anyhow, they took him in the 6th round (195 overall) and then lost their stud LT, Slater, for the season and plugged Salyer in. I'm watching him
tonight and he looks outstanding. He's dropped some weight and is presently schooling the overall 1 and former teammate Travon Walker
who has not set the world on fire yet, despite being a Greek God body-wise and with ideal height.

The point is, guys are out there if your scouts are good and you can't believe everything you hear on YouTube or read in draft magazines. Some guys
look questionable on paper, but can play tackle football. Nobody has to flip out if we use our 1st round pick on somebody other than an OT.

We can definitely fix the OL on draft day.

This is Nathan Peterman-esque.

I haven't watched the Chargers all that much, but I was a big fan of their LT Jamaree Salyer because he caught my interest at Georgia despite
being widely panned as a day 3 guard prospect, possibly because he wasn't a Greek God body-wise and was shorter than the ideal.

Anyhow, they took him in the 6th round (195 overall) and then lost their stud LT, Slater, for the season and plugged Salyer in. I'm watching him
tonight and he looks outstanding. He's dropped some weight and is presently schooling the overall 1 and former teammate Travon Walker
who has not set the world on fire yet, despite being a Greek God body-wise and with ideal height.

The point is, guys are out there if your scouts are good and you can't believe everything you hear on YouTube or read in draft magazines. Some guys
look questionable on paper, but can play tackle football. Nobody has to flip out if we use our 1st round pick on somebody other than an OT.

absolutely
Too much of the draft is based on really dumb stuff like a player’s height or weight or combine. Really good players drop for no reason other than these anti-moneyball reasons.
The best WR of all time and one of the best pro athletes of all time Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 40-time.

Last spring the media was saying Salyer was a second rounder. Then dropped on draft day.
????

Hve to give Lawrence credit, he doesn't give up. I guess after surviving Urban, he can survive anything.
ya i'm not a lawrence girl, but i don't think i've ever seen a qb turn it around like that within a game. inpressive by him. still can't figure out why philly fired peterson. mc coy has to be loving this.

Back