The 2023 Playoffs

True. The point Cosell wanted to make is that the Bills' overall roster really isn't very good and that without Josh Allen they'd be a 6 win team. We began to see some of that last year
in the weather game when they couldn't stand toe to toe with us. This year it was more apparent how beatable the Bills were. With all their FAs and little cap space, those Bills are in a big pickle this off season.

I don't understand what's going on with Mahomes' injury.
How is he doing so much better in only 6 days when that's well known to be a 4-8 week rehab?
My conclusion is that either he isn't doing as well as reports indicate, it wasn't a high ankle sprain in the first place or it was a very minimal HAS.
A 3rd option is that he had the tightrope surgery to stabilize the fibula. It's only a 20-25 minute procedure and could be done right in a doctor's office. No one would know the difference.
He could have gone right from the MRI to the doctor. It's not usual but he's not your usual patient.

I'm curious to see how much he can do in the game.

Here's a simple video showing how quick & easy tightrope surgery is for the surgeon.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imsmVQyRGRA

I dunno, Roethlisberger wounded warrior epic hero syndrome?

Maybe they didn't get the message Michael Jordan was sending with this performance and just play if up like fools?

Bill Walton:

"I always thought Michael liked if best against the toughest odds...just adds to the picture"

Not just a picture, a Divinici masterpiece, one for for the ages full of inspiration for everyone to see, admire, understand, embrace and know we all have in us.

Brady is the same of soul.

And that's what makes legends and worthy heroes.

Disclaimer:

Just a rumiation not a researched fact.

Most are, this one is not.

View: https://youtu.be/YIzrYcgfOH4

The Bengals have screwed this up unmercifully by putting so much bulletin board material right in front of the Chiefs' eyes.

This is particularly cringeworthy. Idiots!

View: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1619070279577391105

At least it was only a proclamation of the name for a day of the year and not a judicial legal order for paternity tests of athletes. 😂

I get your point.

I'll be interested to see the level of emotion and fire in the Chiefs with such Bulletin Board material.

Many teams get way fired up and lose their focus and discipline and fail to channel that fire properly.

Andy Reeds Chiefs don't often appear to suffer that failure of focus and discipline.

Credit to Andy Reed for that one.

Can't wait for the game,

At least it was only a proclamation of the name for a day of the year and not a judicial legal order for paternity tests of athletes. 😂

I get your point.

I'll be interested to see the level of emotion and fire in the Chiefs with such Bulletin Board material.

Many teams get way fired up and lose their focus and discipline and fail to channel that fire properly.

Andy Reeds Chiefs don't often appear to suffer that failure of focus and discipline.

Credit to Andy Reed for that one.

Can't wait for the game,
I think it depends on the makeup of the player/team. There is, as you say, teams that will get over-emotional and express outrage, but these undisciplined teams are less likely to make it to the championship game. Disciplined teams and players when treated with disrespect have a more cold anger/desire for revenge. I think this might manifest in football in a fourth quarter, we're-all-exhausted mode where the anger and need to show there stuff cause the player to dig deeper. I'm thinking of the 2001 Pats team. First the Ravens saying that the winner of the ravens-steelers game would go to the superbowl, then BB doubling down by affirming that the Steelers already had team reservations in New Orleans. No one said a word until after the game, when WMG laughed into a camera. "Cancel those reservations."

I also think bullletin board material is meaningless to guys like Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and TFB, who treated every minute of every game as though it was the last minute of game 7 of the NBA championship game.

I think it depends on the makeup of the player/team. There is, as you say, teams that will get over-emotional and express outrage, but these undisciplined teams are less likely to make it to the championship game. Disciplined teams and players when treated with disrespect have a more cold anger/desire for revenge. I think this might manifest in football in a fourth quarter, we're-all-exhausted mode where the anger and need to show there stuff cause the player to dig deeper. I'm thinking of the 2001 Pats team. First the Ravens saying that the winner of the ravens-steelers game would go to the superbowl, then BB doubling down by affirming that the Steelers already had team reservations in New Orleans. No one said a word until after the game, when WMG laughed into a camera. "Cancel those reservations."

I also think bullletin board material is meaningless to guys like Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and TFB, who treated every minute of every game as though it was the last minute of game 7 of the NBA championship game.

Yes, I'm sorry. I didn't connect my post to one I made earlier about Bill's philosophy on team building, coaching and game planning. That was in mind when I posted this.

Character, coachability and determination are some keys Bill looks for in players.

The results have been excellent and pretty consistent.

The OMG talent disregarding the rest, I think is where it begins to fail in what you are addressing.

You damn well know what the Bengals DC will be telling his guys....

karate-kid-sweep-the-leg.gif
Cl95bnx.gif

This is already an epic game. Just on this first drive. Superb defense from SF and brilliance from Hurts on offense. What a scoring drive from Philly.

Back