The 2023 Playoffs

Just a reminder. We'll be back soon.

FoTWoV8aAAED8S2

View: https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1624572605251330048

-The #Chiefs-#Eagles matchup will be Cheffers’ third Super Bowl as a head referee

-Cheffers’ crew called an average of 12.59 penalties per game, 1.48 more than the #NFL average.

-Those penalties equated to an average of 109.94 penalty yards per game, which is 18.68 more than the league average.

Congrats to the Chiefs

Eagles had all-stars all over the place but they folded in the second half

On one of the PFF Podcasts there was a proposition on how to bet.
You note the first line spread for the week, then watch the line change during the week.
Just before game time bet against what the change was.
This week KC was favored. The line changed to favor Philly.
Should bet KC.
The argument is that the people betting don't know as much as the spread makers.
Over time you should come out a head.

The Chiefs were helped out by a timely penalty against the Bengals 2 weeks ago in a similar manner at the end of the game to allow the Chiefs to win.
This one was more petty in the sense that those calls had not been made the entire game. Yeah, Bradberry tugged on the jersey but did he actually interfere with Smith-Schuster's ability to make a play?

View: https://twitter.com/austingayle_/status/1624969762559385601

Mahomes is a great QB, I think we all acknowledge that. I personally acknowledge he's entering into the conversation of one of the best ever- his talent is there. And if he continues to play this way and continues to have the same success he is now, he will enter the conversation of being the GOAT. But that's in his future and he's not there yet. Play the games.

For me, this SB was about 2 different halves.
Philly won the first half but the Chiefs, and particularly the Chiefs' play calling, won the 2nd half decisively to secure the win. Too bad about Hurts' fumble which may have prevented the Eagles from burying KC before half time. Shit happens. Overcome it.

There were 6-8 Chiefs' plays that I hope BB and BOB bring back for Mac. Those 2 pivot plays from a 21 formation within the 8 yd line gave Mahomes 2 easy throwing TDs. That's from 25 years ago! I can see BB now chuckling at those plays. There's no way a RB should be left all alone in the end zone with no one within 18 yds of him. Credit Bienemy or Reid or whomever, but dusting that play off gave the Chiefs 2 wide open receivers for ez TDs, 1 to the left and 1 to the right. There were other play designs that completely confused the Eagles. Identify them and put them in our playbook. It's easy.

The story of the game for me was the Eagles defense. It just was not a factor. It had been heralded all season as one of the best in the league and yet they were unable to touch Mahomes really and the front 7 were soundly beaten. Huge credit has to go to Thuney and co there and they also blocked brilliantly for Pacheko and others to make big yardage.

No blame for Hurts IMHO. Yes the fumble was costly but he let his team to 35 points in a SB with 4 TDs included 3 rushing TDs and 304 yards passing. He is the future as well.

The calls the Eagles made on 4th down bowled me over, just the sheer confidence and gustiness to go for it continuously I felt a new shift had arrived in the NFL. Maybe it is a good thing for Tom that he retired as the game does seem like it's moved on.

The Chiefs were helped out by a timely penalty against the Bengals 2 weeks ago in a similar manner at the end of the game to allow the Chiefs to win.
This one was more petty in the sense that those calls had not been made the entire game. Yeah, Bradberry tugged on the jersey but did he actually interfere with Smith-Schuster's ability to make a play?

View: https://twitter.com/austingayle_/status/1624969762559385601

to me, the standard for ANY interference opi or dpi would be "does the player have material interference done to him preventing him from getting the ball?" most handfighting/arm barring stuff should be let go. turning the guy or the jersey hold actually holding him back should be called.

I watched pretty much the whole game, and the Chiefs had a great comeback, for the win. I'd say the holding call at the end (by the Eagles) was justified. If the referee didn't call that penalty, many people would be complaining about it. Anyway, good game. The Eagles played well to. Someones going to win, and somebody's going to loose.

to me, the standard for ANY interference opi or dpi would be "does the player have material interference done to him preventing him from getting the ball?" most handfighting/arm barring stuff should be let go. turning the guy or the jersey hold actually holding him back should be called.
Think two actions fooled the ref.

First the WR spun to avoid the DB but could look like the DB spun the WR.

Second the pass was way off by and the refs are accustomed to seeing very accurate passes all game. you see refs making that call numerous times in the past.

It was an unfortunate call. And I won't loose any sleep over it.

Back