The 2024 Draft

Got to wonder if they included the negative play, Josh Allen was ranked well on that chart.

Concerning the draft which is long ways off, take what you read with a grain of salt & trust your eyes. Last year some team “leaked”
C.J. Stroud’s S2 test results which we now know was just fabricated bullshit by some team to hopefully have him drop so they might have a shot to get him. It didn’t work. Shefter was talking about that this week but wouldn’t mention the team.

Concerning the draft which is long ways off, take what you read with a grain of salt & trust your eyes. Last year some team “leaked”
C.J. Stroud’s S2 test results which we now know was just fabricated bullshit by some team to hopefully have him drop so they might have a shot to get him. It didn’t work. Shefter was talking about that this week but wouldn’t mention the team.
Was Easterby still with the Texans then? My money's on them.

Was Easterby still with the Texans then? My money's on them.
That is the popular belief. Not sure if he was there but many have said it was the Texans. I do know for an absolute fact some guy named Ed Dodds from the Colts was in Columbus two days before the test score was leaked. No big deal because Carolina was sold on Young.

That is the popular belief. Not sure if he was there but many have said it was the Texans. I do know for an absolute fact some guy named Ed Dodds from the Colts was in Columbus two days before the test score was leaked. No big deal because Carolina was sold on Young.
Carolina’s owner (Tepper) seems like a POS.

Carolina’s owner (Tepper) seems like a POS.
And he's a marked improvement over their last owner.
Someone's going to have to find me the single NFL owner who hasn't done or said anything shady or illegal - or is just outright a POS.

The Patriots currently have the 3rd pick which I don't think will get a top 2 QB in this draft.
Here's how I see it as of now. Picks 1 & 2 will be QBs. Pick 3 will be MHJ.

1. Carolina ---> Bears ---> QB
2. Cardinals have the Rams, Steelers, 49ers, Bears, Eagles and Seahawks left on their schedule. They may not win another game. If they remain at 2 some team will try to jump us for the 2nd QB.
3. Patriots could trade up for pick 2 to prevent another team from jumping us for a QB. If staying put at pick 3, Marvin Harrison Jr would be my pick. BB may prefer to trade back and pick up an OT.

If we end up with pick 4 or lower, an OT is the likely choice.

Miami
Safety Kamren Kinchens and defensive tackle Leonard Taylor are projected as first-round draft picks for the 2024 NFL Draft according to Pro Football Focus.

Four other Hurricanes, offensive lineman Zion Nelson (No. 34), defensive end Akheem Mesidor (No. 60), quarterback Tyler Van Dyke (No. 74) and safety James Williams (No. 84) are considered top-100 draft prospects, which pegs them in the first three rounds.

Yes. The Pats need a safety for their 1st round pick… :coffee:
Their whole starting o-line is 5-stars, and the DT is really good, that would be my guess.

Edit: Also Kinchens is going to be a really nice player in the league for a long time if he stays healthy.

Last edited:
This will be a great draft to prepare for with a bathtub full of chili, corn bread, corn chips, and a slew of spreadsheets.

This year I'm going to go to one or more premium draft sites. If PFF a good one? Which one do you guys use? Chev, Hawg, etc

This will be a great draft to prepare for with a bathtub full of chili, corn bread, corn chips, and a slew of spreadsheets.

This year I'm going to go to one or more premium draft sites. If PFF a good one? Which one do you guys use? Chev, Hawg, etc

Realizing they all miss more than they hit, here's a list of the better ones. Matt Miller of the Draft Scout is one of the better ones since he looks at it from the NFL's perspective.
I like PFF for their in-depth player profiles and graded rankings. SI's NFL Draft Bible is another one that gives a ton of info on prospects. Most all NFL teams use PFF and many use SI.

I use no premium draft sites and never have. I used to have go-to people whose opinion I respected, i.e, Drew Boylhart
and a couple of others, but nobody in the business gets it right enough often enough to make it worth paying for, imo.

The lesson I have learned is to wait until March or so for the all-star games, Combine and pro day info to filter into the consensus. and
watch the shuffling start to take place for the rising and falling phase. January's sure-thing first rounder turns into a 3rd rounder
and vice-versa.

One thing that I take seriously is reports from the Senior and Shrine Bowl practices. If a guy dominates everybody there then I pay
more attention to them. Demarrio Davis is just one recent example. I attempt to downplay the guys that get my attention during
the College season and not lock in until I see and hear multiple sources identifying the same traits.

The one concession I make is to spend 15 bucks to buy one draft magazine as a reference, lately I use Lindy's and their reports are
generally solid. I like to watch clips to see whether I can see something that stands out about players, but digging in
too early is a waste of time.

I try (and often fail) not to lock into a particular player who seems "perfect for us", but I read and watch enough so that I know something about
many of the guys that come into the league. Like everybody else that pays attention I am both right and wrong in my opinions, but the
process definitely helps me get a general sense of NFL personnel and what teams are successful at drafting. I like to think that I can see things
in certain guys and I tend to follow them wherever they end up to see "what might have been" had we taken them.

The process still fascinates me, but more in the overall sense than what we do which is obviously off the beaten path.

I use no premium draft sites and never have. I used to have go-to people whose opinion I respected, i.e, Drew Boylhart
and a couple of others, but nobody in the business gets it right enough often enough to make it worth paying for, imo.

The lesson I have learned is to wait until March or so for the all-star games, Combine and pro day info to filter into the consensus. and
watch the shuffling start to take place for the rising and falling phase. January's sure-thing first rounder turns into a 3rd rounder
and vice-versa.

One thing that I take seriously is reports from the Senior and Shrine Bowl practices. If a guy dominates everybody there then I pay
more attention to them. Demarrio Davis is just one recent example. I attempt to downplay the guys that get my attention during
the College season and not lock in until I see and hear multiple sources identifying the same traits.

The one concession I make is to spend 15 bucks to buy one draft magazine as a reference, lately I use Lindy's and their reports are
generally solid. I like to watch clips to see whether I can see something that stands out about players, but digging in
too early is a waste of time.

I try (and often fail) not to lock into a particular player who seems "perfect for us", but I read and watch enough so that I know something about
many of the guys that come into the league. Like everybody else that pays attention I am both right and wrong in my opinions, but the
process definitely helps me get a general sense of NFL personnel and what teams are successful at drafting. I like to think that I can see things
in certain guys and I tend to follow them wherever they end up to see "what might have been" had we taken them.

The process still fascinates me, but more in the overall sense than what we do which is obviously off the beaten path.

Yep, agreed. The Senior Bowl and Shrine Bowl practice reports are very important for the NFL.
The games themselves can reveal prospects who shine on the big stage against good competition but the practices separate the men from the boys.

The draft gurus haven't done well recently. It's become a futile exercise that somehow still earns them a good pay check.
For the '23 1st round of the draft:
Daniel Jeremiah got 6 right, Todd McShay got 4 and Mel Kiper got only 1 right.
Chances are you predicted 1 right, too. Bryce Young to the Panthers. So much for the talking heads when it comes to the draft.

I learn more about trends by following Jim Nagy on twitter and instagram than all the other stuff I read put together.

Back