The battle for 1st seed - 2018

All you guys should have some concern.

When our HOF QB doesn't show up until the last 5 minutes of an away game against a nemesis and team still pulls it out...

just sayin.

Oh and I have a major headache today.

My only concern is what AFC team gets clobbered by the Saints in the SB.

All you guys should have some concern.

When our HOF QB doesn't show up until the last 5 minutes of an away game against a nemesis and team still pulls it out...

just sayin.

Oh and I have a major headache today.

Wait.... are you trying to say that yesterday's game should be a source of optimism for Pittsburgh fans? :huh:

Wait.... are you trying to say that yesterday's game should be a source of optimism for Pittsburgh fans? :huh:

Yes because that is typically a game that Tomlin would find a way to lose. Jags went all out to give it one last shot to salvage their season & the Steelers found a way to just slug it out & get the W. And no I do not like Pittsburgh. Not one bit.

Yes because that is typically a game that Tomlin would find a way to lose. Jags went all out to give it one last shot to salvage their season & the Steelers found a way to just slug it out & get the W. And no I do not like Pittsburgh. Not one bit.

No. No they did not.

4 straight 3 and outs with sucktastic playcalling. Last drive 3 straight right up the gut - punt. Terrible.

That was the antithesis of going all out.

I just re-checked the AFC East standings, and, if the Pats can manage to win the next three games against the Jets, Vikes, and Dolphins, they clinch the division.

No. No they did not.

4 straight 3 and outs with sucktastic playcalling. Last drive 3 straight right up the gut - punt. Terrible.

That was the antithesis of going all out.

Bottles isn't the answer for them. Their defense is still formidable. Their running game is among the best in the NFL.

They really do need a better qb if they want to be legit.

Not to be forgotten in the aftermath of the epic showdown last night should be the impact it has on the playoff race, though. With the Chiefs losing their second game of the year, their lead in the AFC is getting smaller as a look at the conference’s postseason picture shows:
1. Kansas City Chiefs (9-2)
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-2-1)
3. New England Patriots (7-3)
4. Houston Texans (7-3)
5. Los Angeles Chargers (7-3)
6. Baltimore Ravens (5-5)
As we already discussed yesterday, New England owns the tiebreaker over both the Chiefs and the Texans due to beating them both earlier during the season. As a result, the Patriots — who will still play the Steelers in week 15 for what appears to be at least a first-round bye — now finds themselves ahead of Houston in the standings and are only one game behind the currently top-seeded Chiefs.
And while Kansas City still controls its own destiny for the number one seed, the team still has some challenges awaiting after its week 12 bye. Meanwhile, the Patriots’ biggest hurdles appear to be the Minnesota Vikings and a Steelers team that needs to play against four teams currently in the playoff race:
NFL schedule weeks 12-17

<table class="p-data-table" width="100%"> <thead> <tr> <th>Team</th> <th>Chiefs</th> <th>Steelers</th> <th>Patriots</th> </tr> </thead> <tfoot> <tr> </tr> </tfoot> <tbody> <tr> <td>Week 12</td> <td>BYE</td> <td>at Broncos</td> <td>at Jets</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Week 13</td> <td>at Raiders</td> <td>vs Chargers</td> <td>vs Vikings</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Week 14</td> <td>vs Ravens</td> <td>at Raiders</td> <td>at Dolphins</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Week 15</td> <td>vs Chargers</td> <td>vs Patriots</td> <td>at Steelers</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Week 16</td> <td>at Seahawks</td> <td>at Saints</td> <td>vs Bills</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Week 17</td> <td>vs Raiders</td> <td>vs Bengals</td> <td>vs Jets</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

Judged by the schedule awaiting the three teams, the Patriots and Chiefs seem have the easiest path towards earning a bye week. And when it comes to home field advantage throughout the tournament, New England’s week six win over Kansas City could loom large when it is all said and done — the Rams’ victory yesterday is a big reason for that.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/11/...fs-loss-los-angeles-rams-new-england-patriots

The Pats appear to have the easiest schedule & the Steelers have the hardest schedule the rest of the way imo. In Denver will be tough for Pittsburgh; in NO will be a loss. The Chargers will also be a challenge for them. The Pats have history in Pittsburgh on their side with health being a key. KC will have back-to-back tough games against the Chargers and in Seattle which may match up with them pretty well.

The Jags went all out..... on defense. The offense seemed to be barely paying attention to what was happening on the field. They could have literally run a high school option offense the entire second half and they would have won going away. Instead, it was all runs up the middle into a stacked box and obvious passing formations on obvious passing downs with an obviously shaky QB behind obviously shaky protection. It would have taken effort to construct a less effective approach.

But you're right. Tomlin usually loses those games anyway, so I guess eeking out a win over a team desperately trying to lose is progress. :shrug_n:

Not to be forgotten in the aftermath of the epic showdown last night should be the impact it has on the playoff race, though. With the Chiefs losing their second game of the year, their lead in the AFC is getting smaller as a look at the conference’s postseason picture shows:
1. Kansas City Chiefs (9-2)
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-2-1)
3. New England Patriots (7-3)
4. Houston Texans (7-3)
5. Los Angeles Chargers (7-3)
6. Baltimore Ravens (5-5)
As we already discussed yesterday, New England owns the tiebreaker over both the Chiefs and the Texans due to beating them both earlier during the season. As a result, the Patriots — who will still play the Steelers in week 15 for what appears to be at least a first-round bye — now finds themselves ahead of Houston in the standings and are only one game behind the currently top-seeded Chiefs.
And while Kansas City still controls its own destiny for the number one seed, the team still has some challenges awaiting after its week 12 bye. Meanwhile, the Patriots’ biggest hurdles appear to be the Minnesota Vikings and a Steelers team that needs to play against four teams currently in the playoff race:
NFL schedule weeks 12-17

<table class="p-data-table" width="100%"> <thead> <tr> <th>Team</th> <th>Chiefs</th> <th>Steelers</th> <th>Patriots</th> </tr> </thead> <tfoot> <tr> </tr> </tfoot> <tbody> <tr> <td>Week 12</td> <td>BYE</td> <td>at Broncos</td> <td>at Jets</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Week 13</td> <td>at Raiders</td> <td>vs Chargers</td> <td>vs Vikings</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Week 14</td> <td>vs Ravens</td> <td>at Raiders</td> <td>at Dolphins</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Week 15</td> <td>vs Chargers</td> <td>vs Patriots</td> <td>at Steelers</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Week 16</td> <td>at Seahawks</td> <td>at Saints</td> <td>vs Bills</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Week 17</td> <td>vs Raiders</td> <td>vs Bengals</td> <td>vs Jets</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

Judged by the schedule awaiting the three teams, the Patriots and Chiefs seem have the easiest path towards earning a bye week. And when it comes to home field advantage throughout the tournament, New England’s week six win over Kansas City could loom large when it is all said and done — the Rams’ victory yesterday is a big reason for that.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/11/...fs-loss-los-angeles-rams-new-england-patriots

The Pats appear to have the easiest schedule & the Steelers have the hardest schedule the rest of the way imo. In Denver will be tough for Pittsburgh; in NO will be a loss. The Chargers will also be a challenge for them. The Pats have history in Pittsburgh on their side with health being a key. KC will have back-to-back tough games against the Chargers and in Seattle which may match up with them pretty well.

Meh, the loss in TN already blew NE's shot. KC ain't losing again, so it's #2 or bust for the good guys.

Meh, the loss in TN already blew NE's shot. KC ain't losing again, so it's #2 or bust for the good guys.

I think they will lose a game, but the bigger question is if we can win out. We have lost to 3 mediocre teams this far, som im not optimistic.

Based on the season so far, I have zero faith in getting #1.

KC loss doesn’t change much after Pats shit themselves against Tennessee (and DET and JAX for that matter).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lot of football left.

Keep in mind they’ve had perfect health. That’s usually not the case for a full season. Especially for guys running at that clip and getting hit.

KC is definitely in the driver's seat for #1.
I think the Pats are set up well for the 2nd seed and a bye over the Steelers. The Pats need the bye bc of age and health I think.

I can still see KC tripping up against either LAC or @Seattle, but the Pats would clearly need to win out to have a shot. The Pats do control their own destiny for the #2.

Smells exactly like the season Bill got cute with Phillie, when Phillie still sucked, and Miami, and we had to go to Denver as a result.

Losses to Tenn, Jax, and Fvcking Detroit.

What a kick in the dick.

Lot of football left.

Keep in mind they’ve had perfect health. That’s usually not the case for a full season. Especially for guys running at that clip and getting hit.

When are they getting hit? When I see them they're on a smooth unimpeded cruise to the end zone.

Cheers

Did anyone else shudder at the thought of how many pts would’ve been dropped on the Pats if they displaced either team last nt?

Back