The battle for 1st seed - 2018

I can still see KC tripping up against either LAC or @Seattle, but the Pats would clearly need to win out to have a shot. The Pats do control their own destiny for the #2.

Maybe the Chargers. I can't see Seattle keeping up with KC. They don't have the fire power, imo. But you never know I suppose. Pats can definitely win out. I think they come off the bye very focused & Gronk should be rested up, healthy & ready to go.

Maybe the Chargers. I can't see Seattle keeping up with KC. They don't have the fire power, imo. But you never know I suppose. Pats can definitely win out. I think they come off the bye very focused & Gronk should be rested up, healthy & ready to go.

I just checked, and if the only game KC loses for the rest of this year is to the Bolts, then even if the Bolts win out, KC wins the AFCW on the division record tiebreaker.

That would put the Pats in the 1-seed if they win out, because:

1. The Pats would be 13-3.
2. The Steelers would be 12-3-1 at best.
3. The Chefs would be 13-3.
4. The Texans would be 13-3.

Under that scenario, the Pats would be seeded #1 and the Steelers #4. Assuming that the Chefs only loss from here on out is to the Chargers, the Chefs and Texans would be tied in conference record and common games, so the #2/#3 seed tiebreaker would come down to strength of victory, in which the Texans currently have a slight edge.

Throw in the O playing like it did against TEN ... 100 :coffee:

Yeah one game usually says what a team is. Past years have shown us that....Forget they were averaging over 30 points a game prior to that with 6 straight wins. Pats fans have moved from what have you done for me lately to what have you done for me this quarter.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Did anyone else shudder at the thought of how many pts would’ve been dropped on the Pats if they displaced either team last nt?

Maybe not as many, the pats tend to slow things down and run the ball and actually manage games, last night was an arena league game. No clock management, no running the ball, just hurry up and score. I will say this, if the chiefs turn the ball over 5 times like they did, the pats will beat them anywhere.

Yeah one game usually says what a team is. Past years have shown us that....Forget they were averaging over 30 points a game prior to that with 6 straight wins. Pats fans have moved from what have you done for me lately to what have you done for me this quarter.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Maybe not as many, the pats tend to slow things down and run the ball and actually manage games, last night was an arena league game. No clock management, no running the ball, just hurry up and score. I will say this, if the chiefs turn the ball over 5 times like they did, the pats will beat them anywhere.

Before we get carried away with the Queefs turnovers lets just remember the Rams are lining up Michael Brockers, Ndamukong Suh, and some guy Aaron Donald who doesn’t suck.

The Pats aren’t.

Before we get too carried away, the Steelers are still turning the ball over and winning (or tying). I hate it and I like it.
Especially when you add in the penalties. How long can that go on? It's gettin better...

PS. Defense has changed a bit.

IF i allow myself to think ahead. Steelers get 2nd seed. Kick the Pats out of the playoffs. Head to KC for revenge.

But that's just me.

Before we get carried away with the Queefs turnovers lets just remember the Rams are lining up Michael Brockers, Ndamukong Suh, and some guy Aaron Donald who doesn’t suck.

The Pats aren’t.

No, no, no...Saints defense way better than the Rams. :coffee:

/sarcasm.

Talib isn't even playing. If he comes back healthy this year,, that defense is much better.

No, no, no...Saints defense way better than the Rams. :coffee:

/sarcasm.

Talib isn't even playing. If he comes back healthy this year,, that defense is much better.

The Rams have a lot of great names, but the defense as a whole actually kinda blows. Compared to NE, I'd trust them more to score TDs and force a game ending turnover, but that's about it. Talib coming back won't make them any better than average, which is enough, given their offense.

The Rams have a lot of great names, but the defense as a whole actually kinda blows. Compared to NE, I'd trust them more to score TDs and force a game ending turnover, but that's about it. Talib coming back won't make them any better than average, which is enough, given their offense.

When Talib gets back and that defense hits that point where they start clicking they will be pretty damn good. At least 6 1st round picks on the starting Defense. Plus wade Phillips. They just haven't put it all together yet.

When Talib gets back and that defense hits that point where they start clicking they will be pretty damn good. At least 6 1st round picks on the starting Defense. Plus wade Phillips. They just haven't put it all together yet.

:clap:

Agreed.

Nnamka Samson Ebukam was a steal in the 4th round!

We're almost in December. They are what they are.

I don't get all the Wade Phillips accolades. All I know is that any time he's on the other side of the field from us, I feel pretty good about our chances.

Wade is a career ham n-egger. To paraphase his old man, he can help your'n beat his'n.

Yeah, that’s no biggie.

Back