The battle for 1st seed - 2018

We're almost in December. They are what they are.

Not really.

Getting a healthy better player back and taking a lesser player off the field will make them better.

I mean, that’s what we’re banking on on Offense wrt Gronk, no?

Not really.

Getting a healthy better player back and taking a lesser player off the field will make them better.

I mean, that’s what we’re banking on on Offense wrt Gronk, no?

If you read my comment prior to the one you quoted, you'll see that I conceded Talib will improve things, it's the magnitude I disagree with.

As for Gronk, the fact that NE is banking so much on him is why we know they aren't as good as years past. :shrug_n:

If you read my comment prior to the one you quoted, you'll see that I conceded Talib will improve things, it's the magnitude I disagree with.

As for Gronk, the fact that NE is banking so much on him is why we know they aren't as good as years past. :shrug_n:

Even if it’s the football version of a placebo effect, it’s all we can bank on now. Especially if they believe it.

Being happy about your team coming back is one thing. Thinking that a performance is a source of optimism for the future is something different altogether.

For your sake, I hope you meant the former. :toast:

Appreciate the concern for my sake.
Always optimistic when it comes to my team.
Doesn't hurt one bit.

I see the season lining up pretty nicely if we stay healthy.
Denver will be a challenge tomorrow, looking forward to it..

Current 15-1-1 road record, adds to my optimism.

Pat's keeping pace, The Donks could spoil the Sqeelers today.

Steeler just lost. Be nice to see them loose another before we play them as we would have a game in hand and losing to them would not effect us, so long as we are holding serve on all of the other games.

Too bad they did not loose to Jax, but this loss makes up for it.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Pat's keeping pace, The Donks could spoil the Sqeelers today.

The broncos just beat the Steelers . . . be nice to see the steelers loose another game.

Oh, I don't want to act too excited...but ho hum, the Pats moved into the 2nd seed. I will just take it all in stride......

I know....it's so sad. The Patriots played such a bad game. Bad play calling, bad Brady, bad everything. Bad Patterson. It's so hopeless....

I'm being sarcastic! Fine win by the Pats-ran for over 200 yds, Two td's zero int's for Brady...Gronk is back; the D was fine, Sony ran well, as I expected. As Alex Cora would say-"Suck It".

Any day Pit and or Miami loses, it's a good day. And today is an Especially good day, my non-fair weather fans. And to top it off, Big Mouth Jalen Ramsey loses again!

Big Ben should have just run it in again. lol.

Ugh. This is never easy.
But I watched the the Pats, you guys gotta get better.
We just have to stop shooting ourselves in the ass.

Ugh. This is never easy.

we just have to stop shooting ourselves in the ass, translates into we need to get better. Denver brought it today, though.

we just have to stop shooting ourselves in the ass, translates into we need to get better. Denver brought it today, though.

Was out doing errands and only halfway listening to the DEN-PIT call on local radio (850 AM).

Denver has managed to climb up to the #11 spot on the AFC ladder with this victory, and they are saying that word around here ...

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p3-eavMSBnk" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Denver is 5-6, and the last wild card spot is currently in the hands of 6-5 Baltimore, so it's not completely impossible. On the other hand, you'd still have to pass 5 teams in 5 weeks.

This is weird, but if the Bolts go 13-3 and KC loses one other game (in addition to the Bolts), then even if the Pats also finish 13-3 they are not quite guaranteed the 1-seed.

Pats hold H2H tiebreakers vs KC and HOU (or both, in a 3-way tie scenario).

However, if KC were to fade and LAC to win the AFCW (and end up tied at 13-3 with NE and possibly HOU), then the Pats would have no such H2H with the Bolts.

In the case of either a 2-way with LAC or a 3-way with LAC and HOU, I think it would come down to SOV, in which, ironically, the Pats would be helped by the fact that their 3 losses came vs weaker teams.

Ugh. This is never easy.

In a way I feel sorry for you guys. You keep setting yourselves up only to get knocked down again.

You shoot yourselves in the ass because your coach is an idiot. It's no different than the Queefs, they're going to implode at the worst time as well.

Be honest, part of you expects that happen. Jr has a lot of friends that are Steeler fans, pretty much to a man they expect Tomlin to fuck it up at the most inopportune time.

Ugh. This is never easy.

I think you need to worry about your own team getting better. That denver team you lost to yesterday, lost to the Jets at home if that puts some perspective on it. I have never seen a Qb throw so many game losing picks in the endzone in my life.

Oh, I don't want to act too excited...but ho hum, the Pats moved into the 2nd seed. I will just take it all in stride......

I know....it's so sad. The Patriots played such a bad game. Bad play calling, bad Brady, bad everything. Bad Patterson. It's so hopeless....

I'm being sarcastic! Fine win by the Pats-ran for over 200 yds, Two td's zero int's for Brady...Gronk is back; the D was fine, Sony ran well, as I expected. As Alex Cora would say-"Suck It".

Any day Pit and or Miami loses, it's a good day. And today is an Especially good day, my non-fair weather fans. And to top it off, Big Mouth Jalen Ramsey loses again!

lol, Steve reading the first part of your post, it sounded literally like Mazz without missing a beat. As I said to some others, I am not sure what bad offense is to some, but anytime you put up 27 points 500 yards, run for 200 and not turn the ball over on the road, if that is bad offense than we are far too spoiled. People have a bad habit of looking at games by quarters and halfs and not the entire game.

lol, Steve reading the first part of your post, it sounded literally like Mazz without missing a beat. As I said to some others, I am not sure what bad offense is to some, but anytime you put up 27 points 500 yards, run for 200 and not turn the ball over on the road, if that is bad offense than we are far too spoiled. People have a bad habit of looking at games by quarters and halfs and not the entire game.

Bad offense is a sideline back shoulder to Gronk in double coverage and he’s 5 yards off the sideline.

Bad offense is red zone pass to White in the left flat missed by a mile, timeout, try same play again with same effect. They were not good in the red zone yesterday to the naked eye. Don’t know what the stats said, but the eyeball test sure gave it a meh grade.

You shoot yourselves in the ass because your coach is an idiot.

I appreciate the sentiment on the rest of your quote O.Z.O. but please explain to me how it was the coach's fault in this one?

The play calling and the way game was managed was next to perfect.
We should have won going away...

Back